Shut up Shaugnessy!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aseletzky. Show aseletzky's posts

Shut up Shaugnessy!!!

Alright, we want the Pats to win right? We want good locker room chemistry right? Then why do we accept people like Shaugnessy posting crap like he does? He rips Brady before the superbowl last year, and claims in a Boston sports newspaper that Manning is better than Brady. Holy cow nipples. Then, today, he causes more drama by commenting on Moss's post game comments. Moss stated that he doesn't feel totally appreciated by all (I'm guessing he was mostly reffering to the media) in New England. I appreciate Moss. All you other fans appreciate Moss. We need to just be cool and let Moss do what he is gonna do and let his play dictate the future. We don't need in house media drama queens drumming up controversy. I don't mind some constructive criticism, but direct bashing is unnecessary. So basically, to end this rant, leave Shaugnessy. Go become a beat writer for the Jets. We Pats fans would appreciate that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Shut up Shaugnessy!!!

All of the local writers are going to beat up on Moss.  I "think" I get what Moss was trying to say, but he is about as articulate as a 10 year old.  His public speaking abilities do not serve him well.  So yes, the Krap-Aid drinking media will milk this as long as they can.  It makes their jobs easier.  They don't have to scratch their heads and wonder what to write about.  Moss now becomes the "I can't think of anything else  to write about" story.

Moss should also be smart enough to know by now that good things don't happen when he speaks to the media.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Shut up Shaugnessy!!!:
    All of the local writers are going to beat up on Moss.  I "think" I get what Moss was trying to say, but he is about as articulate as a 10 year old.  His public speaking abilities do not serve him well.  So yes, the Krap-Aid drinking media will milk this as long as they can.  It makes their jobs easier.  They don't have to scratch their heads and wonder what to write about.  Moss now becomes the "I can't think of anything else  to write about" story. Moss should also be smart enough to know by now that good things don't happen when he speaks to the media.  
    Posted by carawaydj

i really am having a hard time to find teh positive in what moss said and how he said it. please share your thoughts on "i think i know what he was saying."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Shut up Shaugnessy!!! : i really am having a hard time to find teh positive in what moss said and how he said it. please share your thoughts on "i think i know what he was saying."
    Posted by seattlepat70

This is what "I think" he was saying:

1. He wanted to clear up his remarks from last week now, and not wait until later in the season.

2. He didn't want to wait until he had a bad game, and let the media jump all over it by saying he's dogging it because he's unhappy.

3. He tried to explain how he separates the business side of football from his play on the field.  He does not let the business side impact his play.

HOWEVER, the guy just can't speak in public or articulate himself for the life of him.  He babbled on about a variety of topics, talked as coherently as a drunk man, and only created more controversy than before.  I really doubt Moss is dumb.  There are plenty of very intelligent people in the world who are terrible at articulating themselves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Shut up Shaugnessy!!! : i really am having a hard time to find teh positive in what moss said and how he said it. please share your thoughts on "i think i know what he was saying."
    Posted by seattlepat70

BTW, I assume you are in Seattle.  I'm thinking of relocating there myself.  If you have any thoughts you'd like to share just post a message on my profile.  I won't be in SoCal forever.  I've narrowed my choices to the Bay Area of CA, Seattle, or back to New England.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Posted by seattlepat70

He basically said he wants to be a Patriots, he's disappointed that he isn't being offered a contract, but he won't let that get in the way of his performance. He basically ripped the media--Breer--for saying that he would quit on us because of how he his past departures turned out. 

He also said that idiotic fans don't have to worry about his play, his contract won't effect him. I agree to that, too. There was a thread started a couple of days ago saying that the Pats should trade Moss for a second and third rounder. Some clowns blame him for our lack of SB wins because since he's been here we haven't won a SB, but they forget that Moss came in '07, the Pats last SB was in '04. 

I hope New England signs Moss. He does too much for the offense. Aaron 45 yard play today was thanks to Moss running deep drawing Aaron's man, his man and a safety. Just give Moss Mankins' contract. Connolly is showing off why guards are a dime a dozen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

On a related thread yesterday I wondered aloud if the players ever read the forums.  I don't know if Moss ever reads in here, but he definitely reads the articles in the local media.  Some of his comments did make me wonder about the fan forums though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

All of the local writers are going to beat up on Moss.  I "think" I get what Moss was trying to say, but he is about as articulate as a 10 year old.  His public speaking abilities do not serve him well.  So yes, the Krap-Aid drinking media will milk this as long as they can.  It makes their jobs easier.  They don't have to scratch their heads and wonder what to write about.  Moss now becomes the "I can't think of anything else  to write about" story. Moss should also be smart enough to know by now that good things don't happen when he speaks to the media.  
    Posted by carawaydj

Couldn't agree more Carawaydj, pretty much sums up what I was thinking.  Maybe Moss can hire you to articulate what he's thinking, because he certainly isn't very good at it himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

All Moss was saying is that Nobody likes him but he's not talking about all Y'all.
    He also loves playing in New England and always has but he's playing his contract out and Rolling Dawg.
    He also does not want to talk about his contract issues .....More than 2 or 3 times a week.
    And, He can tell you right now that he doesn't care what anyone writes or thinks.In fact he will go into 10 minutes of detail to describe the different ways that he doesn't care.
    Pretty straight forward stuff.

On a serious note I feel a little bad for him.. For a guy that is as good as Randy he has some serious insecurity problems.
    I wish the Pats would just throw a couple more years at him to make him happy and we can move on.
    This was always part of the package deal when we signed him on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

All Moss was saying is that Nobody likes him but he's not talking about all Y'all. He also loves playing in New England and always has but he's playing his contract out and Rolling Dawg. He also does not want to talk about his contract issues .....More than 2 or 3 times a week. And, He can tell you right now that he doesn't care what anyone writes or thinks.In fact he will go into 10 minutes of detail to describe the different ways that he doesn't care. Pretty straight forward stuff. On a serious note I feel a little bad for him.. For a guy that is as good as Randy he has some serious insecurity problems. I wish the Pats would just throw a couple more years at him to make him happy and we can move on. This was always part of the package deal when we signed him on.
    Posted by ewhite1065

LOL Great stuff!  Just watched the Warriors movie last night on Netflix, Warriors come out and play yay!!!

Your forgot to mention that Moss has a great relationship with owner Bob Kraft but he is never around to speak to during the week, but when he is around  they dont talk much, you know its like a boss employee type thing. I wonder if he actually even has met Bob Kraft?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Let's start a poll. "Who do you think is more poisonus to the team, Moss or Shaugnessy". My money is on Shaugnessyy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

All Moss was saying is that Nobody likes him but he's not talking about all Y'all. He also loves playing in New England and always has but he's playing his contract out and Rolling Dawg. He also does not want to talk about his contract issues .....More than 2 or 3 times a week. And, He can tell you right now that he doesn't care what anyone writes or thinks.In fact he will go into 10 minutes of detail to describe the different ways that he doesn't care. Pretty straight forward stuff. On a serious note I feel a little bad for him.. For a guy that is as good as Randy he has some serious insecurity problems. I wish the Pats would just throw a couple more years at him to make him happy and we can move on. This was always part of the package deal when we signed him on.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I'm not going to LOL to this but I was close. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Maybe we should respond to the "Krap-Aid drinking media" by calling into all their radio shows and voicing our disgust of their lazy sensationalistic yellow journalism?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Shut up Shaugnessy!!! : This is what "I think" he was saying: 1. He wanted to clear up his remarks from last week now, and not wait until later in the season. 2. He didn't want to wait until he had a bad game, and let the media jump all over it by saying he's dogging it because he's unhappy. 3. He tried to explain how he separates the business side of football from his play on the field.  He does not let the business side impact his play. HOWEVER, the guy just can't speak in public or articulate himself for the life of him.  He babbled on about a variety of topics, talked as coherently as a drunk man, and only created more controversy than before.  I really doubt Moss is dumb.  There are plenty of very intelligent people in the world who are terrible at articulating themselves.
    Posted by carawaydj

AGREED. Shagnasty is a loser in the vein of Dave Egan another drunk who wrote for the GLOBE and was always disparaging Teddy Ballgame

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Manning is better than Brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Shut up Shaugnessy!!! : LOL Great stuff!  Just watched the Warriors movie last night on Netflix, Warriors come out and play yay!!! Your forgot to mention that Moss has a great relationship with owner Bob Kraft but he is never around to speak to during the week, but when he is around  they dont talk much, you know its like a boss employee type thing. I wonder if he actually even has met Bob Kraft?
    Posted by JerrySpringer

Classic stuff..One of those movies that's so outrageous you can't help but to laugh all the way through, only it wasn't meant to be a comedy.

"The truce is Off man, looks like We're going to have to Bop our way back to Coney!"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Shaughnessy couldn't get traction on his condeming the defense rant, so this is the next easiest thing.

Moss shouldn't have put the spotlight on himself, but really what he said is he wants to stay and get a new contract.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Slow day at the office?

Non-Story....  Yes, things were a little bit disconnected, but I get Randy's point.  He's a bit frustrated and deservedly so, but in the end, he is saying that no matter what, he will play the year out even with the issues that he brought up. Heck, his intent is to let the fans know this very point.

So  the once media again will stir the pot to so they can do their job at someone else's expense....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whatever007. Show Whatever007's posts

Here is better interpretation of Moss' interview.

http://www.csnne.com/09/13/10/Curran-Tone-deaf-Moss-shows-tender-side/v1_landing_patriots.html?blockID=309472&feedID=3946

Screw Shaughnessy!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Ole pumpkin-head lives for this stuff. It bothers me when he jumps on it, because he's one of the few actual "writers" left on the payroll  ...

Caraway summed it up, although I think Moss was pretty earnest in saying he wanted to be here, which wasn't included in the breakdown.

His speech never had the feel that some vets' one liners do ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Back to Dan Shaugnessy and getting off of Randy Moss.  Moss plays WR, Shaugnessy play negative Ned.  Anybody read his column on Sunday?  It was the usual anti-Patriots skien.  Now today, after the Patriots made a mockery of his Sunday Column, he comes in with his attack on Moss, whom he has attacked repeatedly because Randy won't talk to him or most other media dopes. 

The Globe should fire Shaugnessy for carrying on personal vendettas in print on the Globe's dime.  Isn't he there to write about sports instead of making up soap opera material?  Not a single word about the game, not one.  I for one am very tired of Mr. Shaugnessy's columns attacking, attacking, attacking.  Write about the game or get another career.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Shaugnessy reminds me of Gene Wilder on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!!! Stick to the candy man!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm gonna say this one more time and then let it rest.

Randy is not blind. He knows how the Pats do business. I think when Randy says both that he "wants to be a Patriot" but also that he has "a family to take care of" (I love that line . . .   I just love it), he's acknowledging that he can make more on the open market than the Pats are likely to offer him. I think a lot of fans might have this backwards. Randy is a realist. He's got one more big contract in his future and, as much as he loves having a guy like Brady getting him the ball -- and playing for a consistent winner -- he knows there is mo' money on the open market than there is in an extension. I believe the disappointment Moss is trying (with limited success) to articulate is with his portrayal in the media. The notion that Randy -- or anybody less stupid than Logan Mankins -- would dog it in a contract year is patently laughable. I honestly don't think Moss is down on the  Pats. He just feels he's been misrepresented in the press and, as others have pointed out here, lacks the ability to make himself clear.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

The main problem is, Dan S is such a bitter moron that the rest of us can't stop reading.  Hence why he still has a job.  Though I guess a job writing for a newspaper (in print of online) isn't really much of a job any longer hence why they guy is such a bitter loser.  Moss comments, while sounding like an upset teenager, made total sense.  The best part, he predicted that someone like Dan would react the exact way he did.  I wonder if the writers in this city ever wonder why the vast majority of 'name' athletes in this city eventually stop talking to the media. 

Here is all you need to know about Dan.  After the "Rondo dive" playoff win last year against Orlando, I was at The Fours around 1am celebrating as most where when Dan comes in.  He orders, right next to me, a glass of Chardonnay.  Sports bars, celtics playoff win, Chardonnay.  About sums up the guy perfectly!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Here is all you need to know about Dan.  After the "Rondo dive" playoff win last year against Orlando, I was at The Fours around 1am celebrating as most where when Dan comes in.  He orders, right next to me, a glass of Chardonnay.  Sports bars, celtics playoff win, Chardonnay.  About sums up the guy perfectly!
    Posted by momort

Well, he is from Groton.

Sections
Shortcuts