SI: Peyton Manning will lead Broncos to Superbowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lioneljoe. Show lioneljoe's posts

SI: Peyton Manning will lead Broncos to Superbowl

It looks like Sports Illustrated has annointed the AFC and Super Bowl Champs: Peyton and the Broncos.

The fix is in LOL

To quote:

"There is a very good chance right now -- even a statistical likelihood -- that Manning will become the first quarterback to lead two different teams to Super Bowl victories. Elway would become the first Super Bowl-champion quarterback to win again as an NFL executive"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121218/inside-the-numbers-week-15-denver-broncos/?sct=uk_bf2_a4

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: SI: Peyton Manning will lead Broncos to Superbowl

Byrne is just touting his plethora of CHFF quality stats. Problem is, the Bronks have a losing record against quality teams. Now, the Pats have only a 3-3 record against quality teams but have an 11 point positive scoring differential compared to Denver's 1 point differential.

Translation: Denver has had a wuss schedule and lost to most of the good teams they have played.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

SI is a waste of ink and paper. The only time I buy it is when one of my teams wins something and I want a souvenier.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

This is going to be a recurring theme for the next few weeks. I only hope match officials and the NFL don't get caught up in it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Do we really care what the talking heads are predicting?  I do not think the team does and that is all that matters!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I like how the Pats were "exposed" this week and are now an afterthought.

Shoo the sports fleadia to Denver, SF and NY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

good, the jinx has started. We all know how pouting fairs, he wins the MVP and is further jinxed, and his team loses in the first round because he has 3 INTs and fumbles twice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They've been saying this every year since 1998 about Mr. 9-10 playoff record.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Flavor of the week--Boring--look at their schedule--Pats beat them in Denver or in Vegas 2nd week

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Regardless of whether Manning gets his team to the Superbowl, he's made the Broncos and the AFC more interesting.  Not bad for a guy with a bionic neck and who supposedly couldn't function outside of a dome.  It's a good story (Manning's comeback that is), and I'm glad that the Broncos are now supposedly the team to beat.  I like that the Pats are a bit overlooked since losing last week. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The Pats had the easiest schedule at the beginning of the season with its guaranteed 5 of 6 wins in their cupcake division and playing 2 top seeded teams at the Razor. So what does your comment say about the Pats? My 2 sense. Yes, sense for those, not you, who don't recognize a play on words like some dolt did last week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

be honest, you only purchase the swim suit issues.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I compare him to Marino. Never had a defense until now. Denver has a chance. Don't believe in jinxes or curses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I've never thought much of Byrne's "advanced stats".  There's nothing advanced about them, imo.  Then again, I don't expect much football expertise from a food and beverage writer.  I'll give him this, however, he has paralyed his thing into the "big time" with an SI gig.  

As you all know, I am a Manning fan, but if I never took Byrne seriously before, I can't now. 

I do think Manning's got as good a shot at the SB as anyone, but Byrne's take doesn't solidify those feelings any more than they were previously.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

BTW - Byrne is a boston guy and CHFF is a boston based site.  It must have killed him to write that article.  That does satisfy me a little.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've never thought much of Byrne's "advanced stats".  There's nothing advanced about them, imo.  Then again, I don't expect much football expertise from a food and beverage writer.  I'll give him this, however, he has paralyed his thing into the "big time" with an SI gig.  

As you all know, I am a Manning fan, but if I never took Byrne seriously before, I can't now. 

I do think Manning's got as good a shot at the SB as anyone, but Byrne's take doesn't solidify those feelings any more than they were previously.

[/QUOTE]

Your a Manning fan? Really? I would have never had guessed that. Look everybody, this ponies fan is a fan of Peyton Manning. Thats about as surprising as saying a Pats fan is a fan of Brady. Rivalry is over brony, you can go home now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

...and then show them to their seats and buy them a beer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I compare him to Marino. Never had a defense until now. Denver has a chance. Don't believe in jinxes or curses.

[/QUOTE]

So we've been told.  Except it's not true

Colts-

2009- 8th in defense

2008- 7th in defense

2007- 1st in defense

2005- 2nd in defense

And now Denvers fourth.  The Colts had the same rankings as the Pats over the years, Manning just couldn't get it done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So we've been told.  Except it's not true

Colts-

2009- 8th in defense

2008- 7th in defense

2007- 1st in defense

2005- 2nd in defense

And now Denvers fourth.  The Colts had the same rankings as the Pats over the years, Manning just couldn't get it done.

[/QUOTE]

You forgot 7th in 2002.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If the Pats had defeated the 49'ers, wouldn't surprise me SI would have picked the Pats to win the SB.  But, since the Broncos are still on a winning streak, having feasted on the AFC West and a bunch of losing teams.  In that 9 game streak, only two teams have a winning record with the overall record of their opponents sitting at 45 - 67.  ( Pats, since they played the Broncos head to head, 4 teams above .500 with opponents at 63 - 49 - 2 )  Folks remember who won "recently".  Also, the Manning love is very large this year.  Brady loses a season to a knee injury, which could have also cost him his career, and in the season he came back, in which many felt he preformed much better than expected, you rarely saw the attention given to him as we are seeing for Manning since day one of his signing with Denver. Chalk it up to more Manning love than anything!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your a Manning fan? Really? I would have never had guessed that. Look everybody, this ponies fan is a fan of Peyton Manning. Thats about as surprising as saying a Pats fan is a fan of Brady. Rivalry is over brony, you can go home now.

[/QUOTE]

Funny stuff from the cartoon guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

that was a very quick google search. makes you feel good seeing your're unemployed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

that was a very quick google search. makes you feel good seeing your're unemployed.

[/QUOTE]

You must have a sad existence to have to troll on a message board of a team you are not a fan of. Do you?

Sections
Shortcuts