Sick of Tebow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Sick of Tebow

Who else is already sick and tired of hearing aboout this guy? Everytime you go to nfl.com  or espn blog or anywhere it is all about him and the jets. I did have some respect for him but now that he joined the jets I have lost it.

Notice we are hearing nothing about or from Tom. guess not much to tell yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Sick of Tebow

In Response to Sick of Tebow:
    Who else is already sick and tired of hearing aboout this guy? Everytime you go to nfl.com  or espn blog or anywhere it is all about him and the jets. I did have some respect for him but now that he joined the jets I have lost it. Notice we are hearing nothing about or from Tom. guess not much to tell yet.
    Posted by WelkerRules

He is NY....You will hearing a lot more about him---it will be never ending!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Afraid you are right Rocky. Probably why rex wanted him to draw more attention to his team. When we hear about all the locker room disray it will be grand. Till then tired of hearing about him. Geez he is getting more attention then mario williams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

He went to NY, and he's in our division.  Not a chance this goes away anytime soon.  Sanchez isn't that good, so it won't be long before they have a QB controversy and you hear even more.

I have mixed emotions.  It does indeed get tiring to hear about anyone this much.  But I do enjoy watching all of the atheists on this board go through the equivalent of waterboarding Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  It does indeed get tiring to hear about anyone this much.  But I do enjoy watching all of the atheists on this board go through the equivalent of waterboarding "

I'm not an atheist but I don't enjoy watching Tim push a cookie cutter feel good fast food version of Christianity either. 

But the Tebow circus ain't ending anytime soon. Not with Sanchez as shaky as he looked end of last year. And with CC having a big man crush on him on the boards here....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Way too much attention given his accomplishments so far . . . Cam Newton's record-breaking rookie season deserved a lot more attention than Tebow's season did last year.  This isn't to say that Tebow doesn't deserve some press.  He did contribute to Denver's success last year despite his unconventional skills as a QB -- and a winning QB who can't throw all that well in today's pass happy NFL does make for an interesting story.  But the endless headlines and hype really don't mesh with what he did on the field.  The attention is all because of his personality and his religiousity--and it's stimulated both by those who like that personality and those who don't.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Sick of Tebow:
    Way too much attention given his accomplishments so far . . . Cam Newton's record-breaking rookie season deserved a lot more attention than Tebow's season did last year.  This isn't to say that Tebow doesn't deserve some press.  He did contribute to Denver's success last year despite his unconventional skills as a QB -- and a winning QB who can't throw all that well in today's pass happy NFL does make for an interesting story.  But the endless headlines and hype really don't mesh with what he did on the field.  The attention is all because of his personality and his religiousity--and it's stimulated both by those who like that personality and those who don't.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Well said.  Tebow himself doesn't actually do much aside from his brief prayer on the sidelines.  The hype is a creation of the media, and the fans who love him or hate him for his faith.  Strip away the actions of media and fans, and Tebow isn't really doing or saying something out of the ordinary.  He isn't the only NFL player to ever pray on the field.  He isn't the only player to talk about his faith.  Heck, probably half of the post-game interviews show a player thanking God.  But when Tebow does that it's news????

Cam Newton got a raw deal as far as the media is concerned.  I don't know if any rookie QB has ever gotten so little attention for doing so well.  Were people in the media throwing him in the same basket as JaCarcass Russell and Vince Young?  I like to hope we're more sophisticated than that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Some more media on Tebow...lol

Tim Tebow may have a role on Jets’ special teams

New York Jets Introduce Tim TebowGetty Images

Jets coach Rex Ryan said last week that a major challenge for the coaching staff will be finding creative ways to use new backup quarterback Tim Tebow while keeping Mark Sanchez in the role of starting quarterback. One of those ways of using Tebow may be on special teams.

Ryan wants to have Tebow on the field for 20 snaps a game, and as Peter King writes in today’s Monday Morning Quarterback, those snaps could include in a spread offense anywhere on the field, in goal-line situations, on two-point conversions, and maybe even using Tebow as the personal protector on the punt team.

Using a quarterback on special teams may sound strange, but it could make sense: Tebow is a big, strong, physical player who can block for the punter and then run downfield and make a tackle if he needs to. And a direct snap to Tebow would be a natural way to pick up a first down on a fake punt. Even if the Jets don’t run a fake punt with Tebow, the mere presence of Tebow on the punt team would give opposing teams one more thing to think about. It wouldn’t be unprecedented to use a backup quarterback as the protector on the punt team — the Vikings did it in 2009 with Tarvaris Jackson. Even without snapping to Jackson, the Vikings used his presence to sell the fake and keep the opposing punt block team honest.

Ryan said last week that his view of his top two quarterbacks is, “Tim Tebow is a good football player. Mark Sanchez is a good quarterback.” Tebow may get a chance to prove he’s a good football player at more than one position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

After one season in NY, we may hear him mentioned as one of the greatest of all time!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Reading about Tebow on a football website is like going to a gourmet restaurant and all they have on the menu is road kill chili.

Sections
Shortcuts