Sidney Rice as our deep threat.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Sidney Rice as our deep threat.

He can be moved there aren't any qbs there and after the dreaded farve experiment Vikings are going to be rebuilding. They likely won't let go of their best WR but....

I would be ok with giving our later 1st rounder for him.

Wha do u think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: Sidney Rice as our deep threat.

NO.
    NO.
    NO.
    NO.

The Patriots won three SB's without a true "deep threat." Don't give any picks up unless its for DeMarcus Ware, Cameron Wake, Clay Matthews, or James Harrison!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

In Response to Re: Sidney Rice as our deep threat.:
    [QUOTE]NO. NO. NO. NO. The Patriots won three SB's without a true "deep threat." Don't give any picks up unless its for DeMarcus Ware, Cameron Wake, Clay Matthews, or James Harrison!!!

Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

dude did u see the way the steelers stretched the jets?? or did you not. WE don't have a receiver that can go vertical on them, don't be so rigid in ur rules what worked 10 years ago might not.... I like how TB dinks and dunks but sooner or later after a physcial team if you can't go vertical...

Holmes did it to Steelers.
    And
    Steelers did it to Jets.
    And those were the game changing plays, Tate just isn't there.
    He is kinda like Randy Moss without the headache.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]You ppl are clueless. They did Randy Moss.  Did you all not learn ANYTHING?

Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Don't call me u ppl?
    He is kinda like Randy Moss without the headache.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

"dude did u see the way the steelers stretched the jets?? or did you not".  What? What game are you watching?

The Jets brought in the same game-plan (rush 4, drop 7) to the Steelers.  The Steelers burned the Jets with the running game. [first half].   On [second half],  the Jets was fully committed to stopping the run (rush 9, drop 2), daring Roethlesberger to throw.  Big Ben did squat...hence 0 pts second half.

There is no stretching the field craps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

mike wallace is their deep threat, and the mere threat of a guy who gets 17+yds/catch changes the way a team defends you

if you noticed, there were times that the Jets employed Cover 1 with only a safety on one side of the field (not even in the middle) because they knew Welker, Edelman, and Gronkowski weren't going to beat them deep

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

3 WR bunch sets on the top and sanders or Wallance on the other side.

Or did u not see that entire game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

A late 1st rd pick for Sidney Rice?   Umm, NO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]A late 1st rd pick for Sidney Rice?   Umm, NO.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

No u don't think he is first round talent or just cauz of the postion?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Whether you believe in the "stretch-the-field" philosophy or not, Sidney Rice isn't your guy.

Rice waited until training camp to have surgery he could've had after last season (presumably at his agent's behest) and then appeared lackluster in his rehab. He's made of glass, has a questionable work ethic and believes he's worth a lot more than he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don't think he is worth a 1st rounder at all.  Maybe a late 2nd, but certainly nothing more than that.

Keep in mind he had one good/great year because of Adrian Peterson, their other weapons and Favre having his best season in a decade.

If I am investing in a gamebreaking WR, it's Fitzgerald.

I agree Fitzgerald would be upper tier WR pricing, but NE does have the 3 early picks (17, 28 and 33).

Offer 33 and see if Arizona bites.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I love how people are willing to give up 1st rounders like they are candy.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think he is worth a 1st rounder at all.  Maybe a late 2nd, but certainly nothing more than that. Keep in mind he had one good/great year because of Adrian Peterson, their other weapons and Favre having his best season in a decade. If I am investing in a gamebreaking WR, it's Fitzgerald. I agree Fitzgerald would be upper tier WR pricing, but NE does have the 3 early picks (17, 28 and 33). Offer 33 and see if Arizona bites.

Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

He wants TB money, I don't think that'll fly here. Rice should be more reasonable, offcourse u need a good qb to get notice if u r a WR, dude he made Joe Webb look good. I'm just saying he is 6, 4 fast and got mad hops.

Just saying. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sidney Rice as our deep threat. : The guy has ONE GOOD YEAR and you want to give up a draft pick for him?  You're a tool.

Cauz i see a potential? not just saying cauz he is flashy.
    Chill out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I forget what guy it was but one of the talking heads was reviewing the all 22's and said Brady missed an Open Tate down field at least 4 times.

Not to mentioned the kid was basically a rookie.

Hate when people make reactions after a single emotional loss.

You also have Price.

They have players already that can stretch the field.

Brady makes his progressions and those progressions logically start with the short routes as they would be breaking open first. If they are open he's throwing it and never getting to the deep route progression.

People make to many quick conclusions that we had no one who ever got open down field. Yet in the same breath say in BB we trust.

If you trust BB then you trust the fact he has Tate playing as the #3 receiver. Period.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]I forget what guy it was but one of the talking heads was reviewing the all 22's and said Brady missed an Open Tate down field at least 4 times........
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I was all up for tate before the even season began.
    Went to see him in the training camp, saw Randy too, that guy is frenken unbelievable its like he has magnets in his hands he just throws em up and the ball just falls in between. Tate just doesnt have it, TB doesnt trust him thats why he didn't throw it to him even when hw was "open". He will prob not be #1 guy any time soon.

Price lines up in slot, talking bout a wideout.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sidney Rice as our deep threat. :   A potential to want a lot of money?  A potential bust? How many deep passes are thrown a game?  One or two max?  You want to give up a first round pick and cash for that?  Put your crack pipe down, son.

I'm just saying when you dink and dunk gets shut down and u manage to put 3 points on the board in one half having a guy who makes it easier on welker, hernandez, gonk, eldmen, branch is not as bad as investment, as you think it is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I forget what guy it was but one of the talking heads was reviewing the all 22's and said Brady missed an Open Tate down field at least 4 times. Not to mentioned the kid was basically a rookie. Hate when people make reactions after a single emotional loss. You also have Price. They have players already that can stretch the field. Brady makes his progressions and those progressions logically start with the short routes as they would be breaking open first. If they are open he's throwing it and never getting to the deep route progression. People make to many quick conclusions that we had no one who ever got open down field. Yet in the same breath say in BB we trust. If you trust BB then you trust the fact he has Tate playing as the #3 receiver. Period.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

I get what you're saying but that can work both ways. What if Tate, Edelman and Price DO NOT pan out? Maybe Brady knows Tate was open but doesn't trust him? We don't know that. Not even the so-called TV experts know that. It's not as cut-and-dry as looking at film and saying "oh, he was open." I don't know either but I'm just talking the other side here.

Let's look at Darius Butler last year. If I would have started a thread in March saying we should draft McCourty, people here would have said that cornerback isn't a top priority because Butler has limitless potential and Bodden is pretty solid. Sure, we could have used an extra corner for depth but certainly not in the first round. Thank God we did draft McCourty because although Butler got a little better towards the end this year, he was a huge liability in the first half of the season.

Had we just said "Butler was a rookie and he played well when given the chance", we'd be in trouble this year but luckily Devin came in and did very, very well.

I, ultimately, trust Belichick like you so we'll see. After all, this is all fan talk anyway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I might as well chime in. I originally posted on the potential FA thread here at BDC,that Sidney Rice would be a good fit,he's atheletic has good hands and he's been pre trained by Farve,he won't cost a first round pick maybe Minnesota would like their 3rd round pick back? At least he's a WR that will be considered as a possible WR FA addition. I'm sure that Fitzy would love to land in Beantown Tom Brady would be able to pat his stats to the next level also! One things for sure that Patriots don't need another Wes Welker or Deion Branch type WR...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Fitz too expesive

And vikings r prob not going to give up Rice for anything less than a 1st.

We should draft someone like Dez Bryant but good character a must.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts