Sign Mankins Now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from David233. Show David233's posts

Sign Mankins Now

Kraft needs to open the wallet and get Mankins signed to a long-term deal.  Mankins is by far our best OL and the running game as well as the entire offense has excelled since his return.  Mankins is also a great leader on the field and locker room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Sign Mankins Now

I agree. I know a bunch of people here don't like him anymore, and he might be a touch overpaid if he is the highest paid, but NE needs to keep some  talent on this offense outside of Tom. You can't keep dumping good players and putting replacements in without it catching up to you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Mankins Now:
    I agree. I know a bunch of people here don't like him anymore, and he might be a touch overpaid if he is the highest paid, but NE needs to keep some  talent on this offense outside of Tom. You can't keep dumping good players and putting replacements in without it catching up to you.
    Posted by zbellino

He's good but he will be a cap casualty.  Remember the cap?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

We don't need him, we can put any bum in his spot. Save the money and get a great WR and a super star Pass rusher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I believe he was out on the field in the first half when Brady was getting killed.  So yes I would resign him just not to crazy, sexy, right now money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

No, wrong he was on the field in the 1st half and he wasn't getting the job done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Mankins Now : He's good but he will be a cap casualty.  Remember the cap?

What Cap?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Cap or no cap, WE DON'T NEED HIM... Save the money and get great play makers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I still hate the fact the way he was acting and rejecting a more than fair deal. His comments were way out of line.

But I can't argue that the Pats are a better team with him on the line. It definately is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Mankins Now :
    In Response to Re: Sign Mankins Now : He's good but he will be a cap casualty.  Remember the cap? What Cap?
    Posted by Getzo

the one that will be back next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Get your heads out of your azz's, WE NEED a great wr and a great pass rusher, NOT MANKINS!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Players have limited time in their career to make ther lifetime nest egg. Not many have a successful second career after NFL. So we cannot fault Mankins trying to get as much as he can. Remember all the pretty venomous comments made here  on Deion Branch when he held out and left. Now that he is back, and doing well, all is forgiven and lovey dovey. Mankins came back early, has been doing his job and kept his mouth shut the whole time after returning to the team. I hope something can be worked out between him and the team. I can see that when he was out Connolly was doing a credible job, but how Mankins is handled might impact on how other players feel and buy into the Patroit Way bit. The Patroit Way needs to be a two way street.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I agree they need to re sign him. The running game and the offense as a whole is looking much better w/the return of Mankins. He has that killer attitude and plays with a mean streak which is a good for the rest of the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was going to start a thread about this myself. I was on the screw Logan train but since he has been back he has proofed is is ons=e of the best linemen in the league and I love the way he protects his teammates like Tom last week and the fight going on today he was there taking care of bussiness! We need to keep him!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Proved

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I agree Mankins makes this team better but Mighty brought up a good point on another thread that the Patriots have beaten 5 of the top 10 defenses this year, only one(Steelers) with Mankins playing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

They need to resign him, but only if they can get him for a fair price.  If he's stubborn about it, let some other team overpay for him. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Don't even mention the cap.  The cap and payroll are 2 different things.
    Pats are at the very very bottom in overall payroll.  They can easily fit mankins in without a doubt look at the payroll and learn what's really going on:
    http://www.altiusdirectory.com/Sports/nfl-salaries.php

The pats can easily afford mankins, they have no big money guys besides brady and wilfork.  They are almost last in payroll.  Mankins really has shown his worth and needs to be resigned.  Remeber moss was making like 10 mill, a portion of that can go to mankins no prob.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Mankins is the Man on Pats OLine.  He must and will be signed by BB, if Kraft allows it.  Logan should not have dissed the Owner, which may be the biggest problem to getting this done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The Colts will sign this guy in a heartbeat if the Pats won't pony up. Get the deal done!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

$100 Mankins does not get a better offer than what NE offered him.

If he does, he'll end up in a worse situation, which would be dumb on his part.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire2. Show Quagmire2's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Mankins Now : the one that will be back next year.
    Posted by knightsailor

One thing I havent heard mentioned about the cap is this; yes, it will be back next year but in a much different form. They will have a rookie wage scale which pays alot less money to young players, with that money "supposed" to go to veteran players. Hopefully without having to allocate so much money to rookies BB can sign Mankins and see its not as devestating a cap hit. I agree with the above poster, I didnt expect the offense to be this much better since Logans return.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Try to realize that no one on the ownership side wants to do anything until the collective barginning agreement is done with. There's going to be a change in cap so why negotiate now when you don't know what you'll have to work with.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

AGREED! PAY MANKINS AND GET HIM SIGNED LONG TERM!!!!!!
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Just wondering...do you think it's OK to pay Mankins so much money that the team can't afford to resign good players for the rest of the O line?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Guy plays with a serious attitude....Our offense is better with Mankins. He has swallowed a lot of pride and come back to help us win. I say we do the same and sign this guy now.

Sections
Shortcuts