Sign Thomas Jones if Cut

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

Sign Thomas Jones if Cut

Even though he's 31 yrs. old he would be a solid runner for at least another then we could draft mark ingram with the first round pick from the raiders

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Sign Thomas Jones if Cut

Forget all the used up RB's draft one and let him take over. For any of the Patriots fans hoping that Patriots draft O'Brien Schofield with an early pick you can forget it,he tore an ACL in the Senior Bowl Practice this morning. After posting this I went looking for the best backs to draft and I took into consideration how many needs the Pats have besides RB,maybe they get lucky and in the 7th round they draft Lemarkus Coker from Hampton college,he runs a 4.39 40 but has run as low as a 4.28,he gained over 1000 yards in 09 and was an all league 1rst teamer. In 08 he asked Chris Johnson to race him from one light standard to another,Johnson declined the invitation. There are several good backs who will be drafted early in rounds 1-5 but he was the only oddball in the group.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

As a Mark Ingram fan, I whole-heartedly agree. Then they could focus on bolstering the offensive line in the draft, which, if the rookie(s) play next year, would give the new-comers on the line one full year of (hopefully good) NFL experience - something I'm sure that Mark Ingram would have no complaints about. I suggested something like this in another thread, but I wasn't even considering Jones as a possibility.

But now that you say it, there is a chance that the Jets will view Greene as their RB of the future and let Jones walk via trade or release. Isn't Leon Washington a free agent as well?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

1) Jones is all about the money....he is not coming to NE.

2) Washington is a 4 year guy...he would have been a free agent....but because there is no cap he is not a free agent....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Man oh man!! A RB, any RB, is worthless without a good OL. The Patriots don't have a good OL. Their QB is getting killed, and their RBs are constantly being hit in the backfield. Yet, you guys want Thomas Jones. I want to see the Pats get a lineman with a mean-streak!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You are right TexasPat they have 2 guys playing that need to take a seat and a third one on the edge. Light,Neal and Kaczur all had terrible seasons. They could use another mauler for the line. Will they use an early pick on one? Well it has been BB's practice to draft both sides of the trenches with early picks. Last year he drafted Vollmer,Brace,Pryor,Richards,Bussey and Ohrnberger 3 for each side of the trenches..Will they go get another OL guy you never know...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Texas Pat is right about the RB being only as good as your o-line....with very few exceptions (like Sanders).

But the Pats had an average to a slightly above average o-line.....it is not as bad as he is making it oput to be.  And yes, I want it improved.....I want it to be the best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The line had its ups and down but the RBs ran for almost 2000yards (between all four) and the lowest average of any of them was LM with 3.9 a carry.  Even that is not too bad at all.

I do agree and want to see youth and nastiness come into the line but in 2009 it was more of the play calling than line play when it came to the run. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Guy...did you see what happened to Brett Favre Sunday, and to Tom Brady throughout the season? Compare and contrast that to the Fort Knox like protection that Peyton Manning gets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

TexPat, you'd get protection like that if you held & the refs looked the other way also. Why are such puny football players not overpowered by larger defensive linemen? It's hard to pass rush pulling a dead weight behind you. The so called great O-lines are the ones that are allowed to hold w/o consequence. Bind their fingers together & make them pass block, or the QB gets sacked. No loose fingers equals no way to hold.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Retreads 'R' Us?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Just the ticket. Another aging has-been RB cut from another team. That'll get us back to the SB or sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Honestly, I don't see the Jets keeping him, but really, that was something that I only would have said now after the playoffs... Heck, not 4-5 weeks ago, Greene was a fumble machine and no one really knew about Washington's ability to return... I don't see the Pats signing Jones (too many other possible destinations), but I also don't think we know if Greene is completely past his fumble issues... I'd assume Washington will be back as he'll have a lot to prove after injury. 

Sections
Shortcuts