signs of things to come

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

signs of things to come

there is rumors of a post season strike by the players union.even though its highly unlikely,its really starting to say next year could be ugly.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/03/rumors-fly-of-a-postseason-strike/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: signs of things to come

The players' union needs to learn a thing or two from MLB, when you strike you lose fans, and sometimes those fans don't come back. The NFL passed MLB in ratings when MLB players decided to take a break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to signs of things to come:
    [QUOTE]there is rumors of a post season strike by the players union.even though its highly unlikely,its really starting to say next year could be ugly. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/03/rumors-fly-of-a-postseason-strike/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Its hard to believe that these rich, spoiled children would even consider a strike given the current state of the economy and the tens of millions without jobls.

On the other hand, just because they are, by-and-large, rich, spoiled children they could very well do exactly that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I really hope they get this cleared up,for i would hate to watch replacement players next year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/05/adalius-thomas-denies-talk-of-playoff-strike/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

The pats could sign Leon to play center and Killa to play D-line...lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: signs of things to come:
    [QUOTE]The pats could sign Leon to play center and Killa to play D-line...lol
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHrRVJtV4IM&feature=related

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

All the evidence you should need to conlude that Mike Florio is useless:

"Before we go any farther with this one, we need to point out that the chances of it happening are ridiculously small."

Maybe next time he'll lead with "I have no idea what I'm talking about . . .  " or perhaps, "This information has no basis in fact . . . "  or the ever-popular "This story isn't remotely true, but . . . "

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Coincidentally, all sorts of Patriot players' contracts run out at the end of this season.  Haven't thought this completely through myself, but I suspect this could get ugly for the other 31 teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]All the evidence you should need to conlude that Mike Florio is useless: "Before we go any farther with this one, we need to point out that the chances of it happening are ridiculously small." Maybe next time he'll lead with "I have no idea what I'm talking about . . .  " or perhaps, "This information has no basis in fact . . . "   or the ever-popular "This story isn't remotely true, but . . . "
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Actually, that "evidence" is all you need to conclude that Florio is very usefull. He has made a fantastic site. Some folks with limited football knowledge don't care for him (read some of the posts on his articles) but by and large look at the hits his site takes in everyday. Great place for reading strictly about football items as he brings up tiny "rumors" or articles and goes in depth i.e the reason he put that disclaimer. If you note, he is simply reporting the rumors not starting them and then goes on to say how miniscule that chances are of it happening.
    Being an attorney makes his knowledge of the looming lockout even more interesting. After stopping at the Globe, his site is the next stop of my day. The man knows football.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: signs of things to come : Actually, that "evidence" is all you need to conclude that Florio is very usefull. He has made a fantastic site. Some folks with limited football knowledge don't care for him (read some of the posts on his articles) but by and large look at the hits his site takes in everyday. Great place for reading strictly about football items as he brings up tiny "rumors" or articles and goes in depth i.e the reason he put that disclaimer. If you note, he is simply reporting the rumors not starting them and then goes on to say how miniscule that chances are of it happening. Being an attorney makes his knowledge of the looming lockout even more interesting. After stopping at the Globe, his site is the next stop of my day. The man knows football.
    Posted by RedsGhost[/QUOTE]

It's entirely possible that Forio offers many people exactly what they want, and that it is merely my journalism training that is clouding my judgment, but a lead should be designed to spark interest in a story, to draw the reader in. When you preface what you are about to say with hints that the information is not reliable, that is as good as telling your reader, "Don't bother reading this." I suppose it's true enough that people peruse the internet differently than they would read a newspaper, and heaven knows the plethora (Si', El Guapo, you have a plethora) of outlets the interwebs provide has given us all manner of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers masquerading as writers, but if I have a million choices as to how to spend my time, starting off with the notion that what you're telling me likely isn't true is not the way to grab my attention.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Hey Mike, different strokes for.... I understand your basis for disliking his site and I understand what your're saying BUT it IS a rumor site, he brought up that rumor as a rumor only. He did, however say that it is entirely improbable and the average NFL reader SHOULD come to the conclusion pretty much on their own that it's not very likely.
    I simply like the fact that he leaves no stones uncovered in his coverage ( I really need to get a thesaurus ! ) of the NFL.
    Peace out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to signs of things to come : Its hard to believe that these rich, spoiled children would even consider a strike given the current state of the economy and the tens of millions without jobls. On the other hand, just because they are, by-and-large, rich, spoiled children they could very well do exactly that.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Rich spoiled children that entertain you.

You don't want them to be paid, then stop whining about it and move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to signs of things to come:
    [QUOTE]there is rumors of a post season strike by the players union.even though its highly unlikely,its really starting to say next year could be ugly. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/03/rumors-fly-of-a-postseason-strike/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

If they strike I hope the owners bring in a bunch of drunk replacements and every game is in the mud or snow. That's entertainment.

Good thing I love college football too. They never go on strike.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: signs of things to come : Rich spoiled children that entertain you. You don't want them to be paid, then stop whining about it and move on.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Come on Enoch asking alfie not to whine is like asking the sun not to rise in the East.

Sections
Shortcuts