Signs point to Jason Taylor landing in New England

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

I hope this is true.....he would be an AWESOME ADDITION!

From Projo.com
    08:42 PM EDT on Thursday, May 7, 2009

By SHALISE MANZA YOUNG
    Journal Sports Writer

The NFL Draft is nearly two weeks in the past, but questions remain as to the New England Patriots’ plans and the futures of the players they brought into the fold.

And some who may yet enter the fold.

Among the Patriots’ 12 draft picks, there was but one linebacker – Tyrone McKenzie, who projected to inside linebacker in the team’s 3-4 defense – which has kept alive the belief that it’s just a matter of when, not if, Jason Taylor will be signed by New England.

At the moment, Taylor is in southern Florida, presumably spending time with his family, which is why he walked away from the $8 million the Washington Redskins were set to pay him for the coming season. The Skins wanted Taylor to work out at the team’s facility during the offseason, but Taylor preferred to remain at home, and he was released by Washington.

From the moment he hit the free-agent market, New England has been targeted as a likely destination for the six-time Pro Bowler. Pats’ owner Robert Kraft said Taylor can become a Patriot if that’s what he wants, and it’s hard to believe Bill Belichick would put up much of a fight given his history of fairly gushing over the former Dolphins’ star.

But the possibility of Taylor returning to Miami, where he spent the first 11 years of his career before being traded to the Redskins before the 2008 season, has been floated as well.

That doesn’t seem as likely, however: Dolphins’ GM Jeff Ireland told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel last month that re-signing the 34-year old Taylor could hamper the development of the team’s younger defensive players, and it’s unknown whether the rift between Taylor and Dolphins personnel honcho Bill Parcells has been mended enough to pave the way for the player’s return.

One of the players whose progress could be stunted is Cameron Wake. Miami signed the Canadian Football League standout pass-rusher earlier this year.

Last week at Dolphins’ mini-camp, head coach Tony Sparano was quoted as saying, “We’re going to watch Cameron this week and see what Cameron does. I know the Jason thing is out there.”

The Boston Globe reported last week that the Patriots have reached out to Taylor again, citing an NFL source, upping their efforts to get the league’s defensive player of the year in 2006 to Foxboro.

Taylor is expected to make a decision by the end of this month.

There are some who believe the Pats and Taylor already have a handshake agreement in place. With the respect it appears Belichick has for Taylor, it’s not too far-fetched to think that he’ll be given a playbook, told to study up, and stay in shape until training camp begins at the end of July. That would give Taylor maximum time with his family.

Belichick has made similar concessions for certain veterans in the past: Vinny Testaverde was allowed to sit out most of training camp a few years ago, and Roman Phifer had permission to fly home to his family in California after Sunday games and return to the facility on Wednesday.

The Julius Peppers scenario seems dead at this point – Belichick has made it clear that he would rather deal with the Carolina Panthers on a potential sign-and-trade than Peppers’ agent. But for that to happen, Peppers would have to sign his franchise tender, and he hasn’t done that.

So Taylor is the other option remaining, and he’s not a bad one at that. Lest anyone forget, he won the defensive POY award as an outside linebacker in Nick Saban’s 3-4 defense, which is a close sibling of Belichick’s system. That year, he had 13 ½ sacks, 10 forced fumbles and two interceptions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Signs point to Jason Taylor landing in New England

Good news for Pats fans if this does end up going down!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I just want it done one way or another. This forum is approaching two years of posts about this guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I can dig that! At least two years!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I'd rather have Colvin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cameron. Show Cameron's posts

WOW, I Hope It's True. I Love Jason Taylor Welcome To Pats. I Will Pray!! Bring Him IN.

Thankz You For Link.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Good news for Pats fans if this does end up going down!
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1043388.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Let's see....I could go to New England and play, as some say, with the best team with a shot at winning it all. Or....I can sign with Miami. The team that cut me after I was All-Pro. I only have one or two years left....umh....what to do...what to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

He's coming, after underwear practices are done (as PFT's Florio calls them). The good news here is the Pats have leverage to sign him to an agreeable contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Today they point this way tommorrow that way. Nothing will happen until late May/early June so don't hold your breath.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1043388.html
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I am afraid that it won't happen...there are too many people guessing that he will come here.....it is going to be just like the Texiera fiasco all over again....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

[QUOTE]I am afraid that it won't happen...there are too many people guessing that he will come here.....it is going to be just like the Texiera fiasco all over again....
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

I agree. The Dolphins are out, then in, then out, then in again. Taylor supposedly would love to play in NE for a number of different reasons then he's all about playing for the Dolphins if that works out.
    It seems very similar to the Texiera talks to me.
    A deal will either get done or not but it's all speculation at this point and we won't know anything for certain until he actually signs with a team.

Personally, I think if he really wanted to play this season in order to get a ring then he would have already signed with the Pats as they are the team that most have favored to win.

It doesn't look promising to me but .....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-785/Dolphins-return-suits-Jason-Taylor.html

Sounds bad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's no secret Taylor is a part-time player. He's admitted as much himself. After a certain age, a particular type of player likes to avoid preseason activity (a certain greybeard in Mississippi is playing the same game with the Vikings as we speak).

Clearly JT is looking for the highest return on the least effort.

Does that sound like your quintessential Patriot pickup?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

he is a fin now......what a tool....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Taylor has no fire........he just wants a paycheck........we didn't need him...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Taylor has no fire........he just wants a paycheck........we didn't need him...
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

He is getting vet minimum.....he would have gotten more here...he wanted to stay home.....otherwise he would have stayed in Washington for 8 million.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

My mistake.. I thought he was wanted to win a championship.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]My mistake.. I thought he was wanted to win a championship.
    Posted by patpscyho[/QUOTE]

My feelings exactly. I thought he wanted a ring before he retires.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

This just in. The New England Patroits have confirmed that Jason Taylor will be landing in Boston on November 6 with the rest of the Dolphins to play in Foxboros on November 8 against the Patriots in the regular AFC East Division game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mercury22-The-Undefeated. Show Mercury22-The-Undefeated's posts

Psyche!!!!!  He will land in NE, specifically on Tom Brady's reconstructed knee!   Sorry, go sign Greg Ellis.  So long Roidney Harrison.  Sorry you will continue to see David Tyree in your nightmares for the rest of your life.   Thanks for not knocking down the pass!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This is "Exhibit A" as to why this forum should be modified to allow posters to ignore entire threads.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Psyche!!!!!  He will land in NE, specifically on Tom Brady's reconstructed knee!   Sorry, go sign Greg Ellis.  So long Roidney Harrison.  Sorry you will continue to see David Tyree in your nightmares for the rest of your life.   Thanks for not knocking down the pass!
    Posted by Mercury22-The-Undefeated[/QUOTE]

LOL!  This guy look like another scared TROLL! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]LOL!  This guy look like another scared TROLL! 
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

Another stupid bugboy name designed to tweak Pats fans. He's such a pathetic little boy.