Siliga and C. Jones inury - small update per Reiss's mailbag

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Siliga and C. Jones inury - small update per Reiss's mailbag

A. Hi Mike, any further updates on the tests they ran on Sealver Siliga and Chris Jones? With Joe Vellano showing up a bit against Washington, and Jones and Siliga currently out, do you think Vellano is likely back on the 53? Could he potentially displace Will Smith, especially if we play more 3-4 (which Smith does not seem well-suited for)? Also, how would you view the competition between James Anderson, Darius Fleming, and Steve Beauharnais for the one or two backup LB spots on the roster? -- Matt (California)

Q. Matt, one reporter recently saw Siliga with his left arm in a sling and his left hand in a cast. On Jones, it's a significant ankle sprain, and he's lucky that he was able to lift his left foot on the play or it could have been a more serious knee injury. What that means for Vellano is a good question, because I think he is a good player who probably will find a home on a roster if not in New England. I didn't have him on my most recent projection, but I might rethink that the next time around. On the linebackers, I thought Fleming and Anderson flashed a bit, and Fleming's ability to back up both outside and inside could give him an edge for a roster spot. All three linebackers struggled against play-action.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Siliga and C. Jones inury - small update per Reiss's mailbag

Your Q and A placement really messed me up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Siliga and C. Jones inury - small update per Reiss's mailbag

It's like Jeopardy. 

Sections
Shortcuts