Siliga

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Siliga

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Dink can thank him for his one gift sack he got and another tackle that ran into him.

Player A: over the last 32 games, 85 tackles, 19 sacks, 3 forced fumbles. 34 million dollars.

Player B: over the last 32 games, 149 tackles, 16 sacks, 7 forced fumbles. 5.2 million dollars.

Hint, player A is Julius Peppers. Guess who player B is?

A couple of things...honestly just a couple. One Peppers was 32 then 33 during the times you mentioned...Nink was 28 then 29. And two, I don't know if you've watched Peppers play, but that guy garners a lot of attention, he is the focus of an offense and rightfully so. That guy can change an entire defense, he draws double teams...even when he doesn't get to the QB he makes it hard for the guy to throw with his height and arm length. Chicago has been a really good defense over the years, Peppers is a big reason for that. Belichick loves the guy - a few years back he was flirting with the idea of signing him - and if he had I'd be willing to bet we would of won Super Bowl 46. That was a game in which we got no sacks, no pressure, no turnovers, and no disruption while Manning sat back in that pocket and was able to very very comfortably look over that entire field. Nink played in that game if I remember correctly...and if I remember correctly not only did he do next to nothing, but he also made a critical critical mistake. Now I like Nink, but I never ever would compare him to Peppers. 

And I'd go out on a limb and say we would of beaten the jets and advanced to another Super bowl if we had Peppers on that defense while we made Sanchez look like Joe Montana. Remember that night? Sanchez was not sacked one single time in that game. Nink never got within shouting distance of him...nor did anyone else. That was as pathetic a performance I have ever seen from a playoff defense, the way they let a terrible quarterback feel totally comfortable to sit in that pocket...at home...in the cold. I had to sit there and watch Jets do back flips in the middle of our field after that game because they had a much much better defense. Peppers would of changed that outcome...Nink sure the hell didn't.

Ohhh so nink sucks because he didn't help us win a super bowl. Now I see why peppers has been so good the last 2 seasons and fully worth his 15, 16, and 17 million dollar yearly salaries, he won 2 super bowls.

Look peppers was one of the best pass rushers in the league. The purpose of this exercise was to Inform anyone shallow enough to think nink is a bad player, of how he is compared to the top payed player at the position...and for 2 seasons not just one. Over  30 million compared to 5 million. I mention the salary involved becsuse it represents how BB's value system works. Something you don't understand.  If we payed peppers 30 million for the last 2 seasons he would have had less of an impact then a cast off linebacker/long snapper did.

Saying Nink didn't help us win a super bowl is the same thing as your best friend rusty saying Brady didn't help us win one.  53 guys didnt help us win a super bowl. It doesn't mean they are bad players.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Dink can thank him for his one gift sack he got and another tackle that ran into him.

Yeah what a bunch of idiots voting this guy in as team captain. All he does is have qbs run near him and into him for a team leading 42 QB pressures and 8 sacks.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yea I really don't understand his hate for Nink. Rob is one of the most consistent players on the team .

He's not a high draft pick or an expensive free agent, so he can't possibly be any good. Just ask about half the board. 

now that's not fair, most people recognize talent when it's there performing but the odds of finding a good starter in FA for next to nothing or as a UDFA are much smaller then finding one high in the draft or paying extra for one. How many players have they brought in for cheap or as UDFA's over the years that have lasted a year or less?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ill give it a shot anyway : so why do you hate Nink tca12?

I'm still pisssed at his offsides penalty in Super Bowl 46.  I believe it was 4th Qtr and On that play we had a pick deep in Giant territory, that was negated.  That and Welker's drop are why we lost.  

Most people don't even remember the Dink play only the Welker drop.  I blame them both for the loss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Player A: over the last 32 games, 85 tackles, 19 sacks, 3 forced fumbles. 34 million dollars.

Player B: over the last 32 games, 149 tackles, 16 sacks, 7 forced fumbles. 5.2 million dollars.

A couple of things...honestly just a couple. One Peppers was 32 then 33 during the times you mentioned...Nink was 28 then 29. And two, I don't know if you've watched Peppers play, but that guy garners a lot of attention, he is the focus of an offense and rightfully so. That guy can change an entire defense, he draws double teams...even when he doesn't get to the QB he makes it hard for the guy to throw with his height and arm length. Chicago has been a really good defense over the years, Peppers is a big reason for that. Belichick loves the guy - a few years back he was flirting with the idea of signing him - and if he had I'd be willing to bet we would of won Super Bowl 46. That was a game in which we got no sacks, no pressure, no turnovers, and no disruption while Manning sat back in that pocket and was able to very very comfortably look over that entire field. Nink played in that game if I remember correctly...and if I remember correctly not only did he do next to nothing, but he also made a critical critical mistake. Now I like Nink, but I never ever would compare him to Peppers. 

And I'd go out on a limb and say we would of beaten the jets and advanced to another Super bowl if we had Peppers on that defense while we made Sanchez look like Joe Montana. Remember that night? Sanchez was not sacked one single time in that game. Nink never got within shouting distance of him...nor did anyone else. That was as pathetic a performance I have ever seen from a playoff defense, the way they let a terrible quarterback feel totally comfortable to sit in that pocket...at home...in the cold. I had to sit there and watch Jets do back flips in the middle of our field after that game because they had a much much better defense. Peppers would of changed that outcome...Nink sure the hell didn't.

Saying Nink didn't help us win a super bowl is the same thing as your best friend rusty saying Brady didn't help us win one.  53 guys didnt help us win a super bowl. It doesn't mean they are bad players.

Do you think Brady has more of a chance as a QB in the offensive era and future HOFer, to affect the outcome or Rob Ninkovich?

Kind of a silly comparison.

It wasn't an opinion. Ninkovich's offside penalty was another major reason we lost the game. So was Brady's interception, so was the defense for giving up another late 

lead, so was the coaching decision to only run power football 10 times against a terrible run defense,  despite our 4.5 ypc from that position. Point is it's a team game, it is the very reason you and I passionately defend Bill Belichicks team building skills. Only a fool would think a game with 106 players only falls on 1 mans shoulders. Right, rusty?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

siliga....blount....  ninkovich...   um...  amazing the results you can get from good coaching and a great organization...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

We all know where they draft, Bb takes calculated risks on value picks, like Dennard,  and then is constantly panning for gold and then polishing them up. I see where Siliga was dropped from Seattle, and they were sort of loaded there. Sometimes it takes a few more yrs than being just out of college to be ready for the nfl. 

some work, most probably not. The timing on Siliga couldnt have been better

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Everyone should use caution...  Just like with Legarrette Blount,  we should not put too much stock into a 1 game performance. 

Texas Pat told me not to "annoit" anybody too quickly . 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Yeah what a bunch of idiots voting this guy in as team captain. All he does is have qbs run near him and into him for a team leading 42 QB pressures and 8 sacks.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yea I really don't understand his hate for Nink. Rob is one of the most consistent players on the team .

He's not a high draft pick or an expensive free agent, so he can't possibly be any good. Just ask about half the board. 

now that's not fair, most people recognize talent when it's there performing but the odds of finding a good starter in FA for next to nothing or as a UDFA are much smaller then finding one high in the draft or paying extra for one. How many players have they brought in for cheap or as UDFA's over the years that have lasted a year or less?

That is why BB stacks the deck by having multiple picks and looking at multiple undrafted free agents.  He d4oesnt think 31 other teams will find all the talent in 7 rounds, obviously he has been correct. We started 7 undraf4yed free agents the other day and handed baltimore their worst home loss in their history. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'm still pisssed at his offsides penalty in Super Bowl 46.  I believe it was 4th Qtr and On that play we had a pick deep in Giant territory, that was negated.  That and Welker's drop are why we lost.  

Most people don't even remember the Dink play only the Welker drop.  I blame them both for the loss.

I blame crappy Brady. We didn't even deserve to go to SB 42 or 46 in the first place because he was so awful in the last 2 title games (now 3) at home. Just putrid.

Friends of mine who are jealous or hate the Pats remind me of this fact to this day. There is nothing I can say, because it's flat out true.

No one remembers Nink jumped offside on one play. They remember the supposed GOAT crapping down his leg in numerous spots wondering if he's trying to throw the game.

He broke the super bowl record fpr completions in a row.....crapping down a leg would be allowing ellis hobbs to be in 1on 1 coverage on 6'6 Buress for the game winning td in 07, or Patrick Chung in coverage against mario manningham on Eli's 38 yard sideline throw, or last year when we allowed baltimore to carve our defense up in the 2nd half of the afc championship.  I condemn the offense for only scoring 13 points, but our defense didnt do any better. Blaming Brady is the result of you backing yourself in a corner years ago, and having to stick by your mistake for this long. It's embarrassing. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Ohhh so nink sucks because he didn't help us win a super bowl. Now I see why peppers has been so good the last 2 seasons and fully worth his 15, 16, and 17 million dollar yearly salaries, he won 2 super bowls.

Look peppers was one of the best pass rushers in the league. The purpose of this exercise was to Inform anyone shallow enough to think nink is a bad player, of how he is compared to the top payed player at the position...and for 2 seasons not just one. Over  30 million compared to 5 million. I mention the salary involved becsuse it represents how BB's value system works. Something you don't understand.  If we payed peppers 30 million for the last 2 seasons he would have had less of an impact then a cast off linebacker/long snapper did.

You want to talk about value? Here lets talk about value...Ocho Cinco, Albert Haynesworth, Robert Gallery, Jonathan Fanene, Shaun Ellis, Fred Taylor, Leigh Bodden, Adrian Wilson, Schiancoe, Fells, Trevor Scott, Joseph Addai, Stallworth, Gregory, Gaffney, Hernandez.

There's over a 100 million in value right there^^^. I could add another 100 million in names if you want. All those guys I just listed was our value...the guys that were supposed to help...how we were smarter than everyone else. If you want to ignore that go ahead, but it's not going anywhere. We had our chance to sign quality players...we blew it in a biblical fashion. We are now in salary cap hell because of it, you'd think at least one of those "values" would of worked out. I'd take one Peppers over all that JUNK! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

That is why BB stacks the deck by having multiple picks and looking at multiple undrafted free agents.  He d4oesnt think 31 other teams will find all the talent in 7 rounds, obviously he has been correct. We started 7 undraf4yed free agents the other day and handed baltimore their worst home loss in their history. 

This is true but with UDFA's you are lucky to find a starter and even with the starters we have found how many have been probowlers? When you take 10 players instead of one you are bound to find a player that can give you something and every couple years find a starter but if you add up all the resources spent to find the one starter you would find that you could have gotten a proven starter. Now, there is still risk as the starter you paid could always not pay off in the end (see Ocho, Lloyd) but the potential for even higher performance is there. The issue I've seen in the past half decade or so is that BB gets the most out of his players which makes those lower end signings look good but when the playoffs hit they can't raise their game higher than they already are because BB is already getting the max out of them. If you don't have the upfront talent that can raise their game then when it matters most you could lose by a couple plays in which the other team had just that little extra to give. It's a good strategy when you have the upfront talent to find hidden gems but if you have to count on too many of them they might not be able to proved what's needed in the end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

I want to amend my gold star for BB, who ever he hired to pan for gold nuggets should get a raise

How does said nugget make it through numerous teams and this is the first team to realize what they had?  How much did his price tag rise by his play at the end of the year?

Players slip through the cracks. Welker was an unsigned free agent first signed by the Chargers and then went to Miami for a few years then to the Pats. Danny Woodhead was in the Jets camp, didn't do much and then he had productive seasons with the Pats and now with the Chargers produced about 1100yds rushing and receiving in total yards.

Hetch     

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

he looked pretty good yesterdayGuess he beat Vellano out for the starting job

At least Vellano plays some snaps. What happened to Soap? He went from " guy will be a beast on running downs" to inactive in the span of 4 games??

I was thinking the same thing-we traded for Soapiaga ?  from the Eagles and I never see him on the field-what gives-really thought the guy would be a fixture over the center?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

This is true but with UDFA's you are lucky to find a starter and even with the starters we have found how many have been probowlers? When you take 10 players instead of one you are bound to find a player that can give you something and every couple years find a starter but if you add up all the resources spent to find the one starter you would find that you could have gotten a proven starter. Now, there is still risk as the starter you paid could always not pay off in the end (see Ocho, Lloyd) but the potential for even higher performance is there. The issue I've seen in the past half decade or so is that BB gets the most out of his players which makes those lower end signings look good but when the playoffs hit they can't raise their game higher than they already are because BB is already getting the max out of them. If you don't have the upfront talent that can raise their game then when it matters most you could lose by a couple plays in which the other team had just that little extra to give. It's a good strategy when you have the upfront talent to find hidden gems but if you have to count on too many of them they might not be able to proved what's needed in the end.

I disagree. 1st off you say how many of those guys become pro bowlers? It doesn't matter as we regularly field 4 to 6 pro bowlers a year. How many do we need? I completely disagree with the notion that signing 1 or 2 big money guys would have been the difference in the super bowl. I could easily make the opposite case and say if we had done that we would be just like the Giants, steelers, ravens, and others who's seasons are over right now, and in years past.

BB built super bowl teams, some key injuries and plain bad luck like the Tyree catch are the reasons you and I are even having this discussion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You want to talk about value? Here lets talk about value...Ocho Cinco, Albert Haynesworth, Robert Gallery, Jonathan Fanene, Shaun Ellis, Fred Taylor, Leigh Bodden, Adrian Wilson, Schiancoe, Fells, Trevor Scott, Joseph Addai, Stallworth, Gregory, Gaffney, Hernandez.

There's over a 100 million in value right there^^^. I could add another 100 million in names if you want. All those guys I just listed was our value...the guys that were supposed to help...how we were smarter than everyone else. If you want to ignore that go ahead, but it's not going anywhere. We had our chance to sign quality players...we blew it in a biblical fashion. We are now in salary cap hell because of it, you'd think at least one of those "values" would of worked out. I'd take one Peppers over all that JUNK! 

Excellent value. Bodden, Gaffney, Stallworth, Gregory, Hernandez were all had on the cheap.

Haynesworth's contract expired when he was picked up. Are you that dumb? The rest were had for peanuts, so their signings meant nothing.

No, that's kinda not worth 100 million in contracts whatsoever. I realize you bake cakes for a living in class, but you should get to a math class at a local college just to be sure. LMAO

Did you just say a team going into the AFC Title game after giving Brady, Mankins, Mayo and Wilfork double per the union is in a cap hell, with so many young players being brilliant here for us? Did you?

Is this while you just said Ozzie Newsome is "widely considered the best GM" as his team just went 8-8 unable to even make the playoffs with Flacco has Ozzie by the nuts?

Did you?

LOL!!!!!!

Oh poor Cupcake. Desperation time now. I can hear that panic in every keystroke.  He's concerned if Brady chokes.  Brady could crap down his leg for real, throw 4 picks in the divisional round and Cupcake would somehow blame the best GM of all time.

LMAO!

I'm just going to go over a few names to add up a little of that cash, ready? 

Ocho Cinco. Traded a 5th and a 6th. Then gave him an average of 6.5 million. 

Jonathan Fanene. 3 years 15 million. Don't know if they got their money back, don't care, it was a waste and went against our cap. Period

Leigh Bodden. 25 million dollar deal...didn't play a second of his contract.

Shaun Ellis. 2 years 8 million. Guy literally walked out on the field and crapped his pants weekly in front of 60k thousand people and you called him "a steal from the jets". Lol!

Schiancoe. We gave him over two million. He never ran more than three feet.

Fells. See Schiancoe.

Gregory. 3 years up to 8 million. Guy should be starting on a division 3 team.

Hernandez. 45 million dollar contract

Fred Taylor. 3 years 12 million. Played four games

Albert Haynesworth. 2 years five million. We had to drive him to his court dates before he tried to punch Pepper Johnson on the sideline. Money well spent.

Adrian Wilson.If we paid him anything more than ten bucks we got screwed...and we did. Gave the guy a nice 1.5 million retirement gift.

Arrington. Four million per season to be a liability in coverage

Stallworth, Holt, Galloway, Banta can't, Adalius Thomas 30 million, Gaffney, Mike Wright, Trevor Scott...I could go on, but there's already over 150 million in total contract money in these names. Not a single player out of those names...out of all that money, helped this team win. Yes I'd take Julius Peppers instead of all this hot garbage. Yes I would. And I can list more if you want. This is better than Ozzie Newsome? I'll tell you what, you bring Ozzie here and let him have Tom and Belichick and there wouldn't be a list like the one above. 

Go get your calculator you dope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Ok well thanks for the explanation. While you are right that the offsides penalty was a big mistake in the Super Bowl, he still has been a good player for the pats. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

In response to Bradysgirlforreal's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

he looked pretty good yesterdayGuess he beat Vellano out for the starting job

At least Vellano plays some snaps. What happened to Soap? He went from " guy will be a beast on running downs" to inactive in the span of 4 games??

I was thinking the same thing-we traded for Soapiaga ?  from the Eagles and I never see him on the field-what gives-really thought the guy would be a fixture over the center?

Why would a beast be available? I am glad some beef was available with experience. Christ, people are dumb. Sopoaga was nothing more than a 3-4 and 4-3 player who was complementary in SF last year.

Educate yourself on the player before having wild expectations.

No problem dead--I will take a crash course on all players in the NFL and become profficient in all things NFL-wow lighten up dude? BB traded for the guy I think he thought they could use him somewhere-I'm glad you are an expert on all NFL players I feel better now -thanks!!

Sections
Shortcuts