Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/ESPN-confuses-new-Jacksonville-with-old-Jacksonv?urn=nfl-wp13393

Everything they do is slimy.

I hate ESPN.

Because of them, I now love Hank Williams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds

LOL.....As a whole I hate ESPN, but I do like Mike Reiss and Mike Rodak (ESPN Boston/Patriots)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

the hank williams thing was a joke.. i guess you arent allowed to dislike the president anymore

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

This thread could easily have been written as, "ESPN ESPN; YOUR ESPN, ESPN, and ESPN know no bounds".

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

First and Ten is one of my favorite shows, and I am not ashamed to admit it.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds:
    the hank williams thing was a joke.. i guess you arent allowed to dislike the president anymore
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

This is true.  But specifically in regards to The Hank Williams firing for The Obama statement?  Again, people tried to turn it into a liberal vs conservative battleground...But c'mon, As mentioned here:  After 12 years of a half-dozen Hank Williams remixes seemingly on an endless loop until the end of time, The writin' was on the wall for ol' Hank.  Change is sometimes a good thing (AND needed...and looong overdue)- Sometimes ya just gotta be happy that it just comes about, and care less about HOW it comes about.  I don't care if MNF puts on a cartoon sing-a-long...I'll just be glad it's different.  Let's try to ommit the side argument wherein we discuss the importance of History and Ritual, by placing it side-by-side with the greater body of Hank Williams' Monday Night jamboree song.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hank was done when they brought in the bucket drummers.  And he understood what he was doing, he just thought he would get away with it.  I am not a huge ESPN fan, but the blame for what they have become falls squarely on Mickey Mouse.  He has pimped out ESPN and ABC and now PIXAR to be nothing much more than cheap platforms for the latest Disney trash.  The NFL should carefully reconsider the Monday gig when the time comes, and maybe throw it to NBC and give the Sunday night games to NFL Network.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LatenightOwl. Show LatenightOwl's posts

The Mouse didn't do anything to ESPN.   As the adage goes, "You can't r*** the willing!"  ESPN injects themselves into every story or potential plot line known to man.  I have stopped watching them with Talking heads on 24/7!!!  You are a fool not to notice that any game owned by ABC/ESPN suddenly has story lines that "has the country dying to watch" !!

And what's more disturbing is that our local media is just as bad now.  Following the lead.  Its disappointing.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

All I can say about ESPN is thank God...er I mean Tim Tebow, for the NFL Network.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Yeah . . .   it's a shame we don't live in a world with literally thousands of infotainment sources available and hand-held devices which would allow us to turn off the stuff we don't like with virtually no effort.

Wait . . .

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds:
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08

Not to go off topic, but when is it a good thing to try and use Hitler in an analogy?  Answer?  Never.  Even if it wasn't intended how it sounded, just don't do it...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds : Not to go off topic, but when is it a good thing to try and use Hitler in an analogy?  Answer?  Never.  Even if it was intended how it sounded, just don't do it...
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

And again . . . 

Why not?

What's the big deal about Hitler?

There have been plenty of mass murderers worse than him.

What could it be that keeps us believing that Hitler -- a piker in comparison to guys like Mao or Stalin -- is some great incarnation of evil?

Hmmm . . .

I wonder.

Seems to me that a certain group of someobies is heavily invested in keeping everyone very aware that their suffering is more important than anyone else's.

Or maybe it's just me.

Undecided

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

So that nobody is offended, let's agree to use Snidely Whiplash in place of Hitler.  Hitler is way too controversial.  Heck, there are some whack jobs that actually worship the jerk.  Same with Mao.  Same with Stalin.

But I think we can all agree that nobody likes Snidely Whiplash.  The guy is pure evil - tying a gorgeous blond to the railroad tracks just to keep her from paying the past-due mortgage on her family farm so that he can take over said farm. That's evil to the core.  

Besides, he's Canadian.

So what Hanks could have said is that it would be like forcing Dudley Dooright to have tea with Snidely Whiplash.  I mean, can you imagine?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds : And again . . .  Why not? What's the big deal about Hitler? There have been plenty of mass murderers worse than him. What could it be that keeps us believing that Hitler -- a piker in comparison to guys like Mao or Stalin -- is some great incarnation of evil? Hmmm . . . I wonder. Seems to me that a certain group of someobies is heavily invested in keeping everyone very aware that their suffering is more important than anyone else's. Or maybe it's just me.
    Posted by p-mike

p-mike,

I'll revise the statement and say it's probably not a good idea to reference any mass murderer when you're trying to make a point, unless, say, you're making a comparative analysis of two or more mass murderers.  I get what Hank Williams was trying to say, but using an extreme analogy is the easiest way to attract the wrong kind of attention and it's a good example of foot-in-mouth. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Somehow the Hitler love seems inappropriate.  I dunno, it might be the 20 million dead people he was responsible for that gives me that feeling.  BTW, I do not intend to gwet into a comparison contrast of the careers of Stalin and Hitler, it's too silly to comtemplate.  To speak of these things here leads only to expressions of the stupid.   Football please.....????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Silly ESPN; your ignorance, arrogance, and idiocy know no bounds : And again . . .  Why not? What's the big deal about Hitler? There have been plenty of mass murderers worse than him. What could it be that keeps us believing that Hitler -- a piker in comparison to guys like Mao or Stalin -- is some great incarnation of evil? Hmmm . . . I wonder. Seems to me that a certain group of someobies is heavily invested in keeping everyone very aware that their suffering is more important than anyone else's. Or maybe it's just me.
    Posted by p-mike

Prairie...  First now, really- It's tough to say in terms of every human who's ever lived, and in terms of everyone alive right now, That there's trully ALOT of folks with Adolf Hitler's resume. 

But secondly and in your defense, yea- You're right...  It does help however, to view this in light of America's and the large-scale involvement of Western and or 1st world Nations:  Which is to say, "Hey IF we didn't do something to stop someone like Pol-pot (sp?) OR Mao, OR Stalin...then maaan, they couldn't have been that bad of guys, right?  NO way worse than Hitler, b/c we're good and we protect the weak at all costs, by stopping really bad guys...always."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Good point Laz.  Notice how we freedom lovers never did diddly to liberate Nell.  It took a Mountie to do the dirty work.  And a horse.  The horse was smarter than your average horse, if you may recall. So it took a Mountie and a horse, to be clear.

Rusty, I can't protect your feelings on this one.  It's your own fault.  If you are going to tie a woman to the railroad tracks, try not to pick tracks adjacent to a crowded local drive-in on a Friday night.  Plan, plan, plan.  It's what Snidely would do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonbam. Show jonbam's posts

While I don't personally believe that Hank's comment were offensive, they certainly were not PC.  But to say that Hitler was not the world's greatest mass murderer is greatly under-estimating his accomplishments.  There were over 50 MILLION people killed during WWII.

Sections
Shortcuts