Silver alternate or Throwback this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Re: Silver alternate or Throwback this season?

I dont know but i'd like the throwback

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

they have not used the silver jersey's now in a few years.  Id love to see the 3rd jersey in red with the new logo. But then we would be copying the giants, texans....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

If I never see those throw-backs again it'll be soon enough. Too many painful memories associated with them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Awww . . .   c'mon anitbody, those throwbacks are a reminder that there are (or used to be) people who stood behind the team even when they were -- perhaps even because they were -- something of a laughingstock. It amuses me to come on this site sometimes and see people complaining because the most successful NFL franchise of the new century "hasn't won a Super Bowl in five years."

Belichick and Brady aren't going to be around forever.'

Where will those people be 10 years from now, I wonder . . .

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

THROWBACKS BABY!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Don't get me wrong, p-mike. I'm not knocking the team because they haven't won a Super Bowl lately. I have stood by the franchise through thick and thin (and I remember a lot of thin) since the early 60's. I couldn't be happier about the success of the last decade. If I'm still around ten years from now I'll be a Patriot fan no matter what their record is.

As far as the old uniforms go, I don't look at them as a remembrance of good times past or as some symbol of fidelity.

Or maybe I just don't like red.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I can't stand the silver.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Stay away from the Silver please....throwbacks for a week is def OK with me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Silver alternate or Throwback this season?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silver alternate or Throwback this season? : Then, just use the current unis with the original concept Pats helmet I posted above.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]
    I like the tri-corn hat idea, but the way that one is drawn kind of makes it look like a bull's horns.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

How about the new color scheme with the Pat Patriot logo?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beef23. Show beef23's posts

[QUOTE]I would rather they just use the throw backs. The old teams never had a shot at a super bowl, not for real anyways so I think it would be great for the new school to win one for the old school.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

i agree whole heartedly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Love the throwbacks. I will admit though, I cringed when they first wore them a few years ago. When they still won games, regardless of the uniform, I got to like them again.

Killa, the 1976 team, which you weren't alive yet I know, had a real shot at the Super Bowl I thought. Looking back at the youth of some of the starters, it should have been the start of a great run, but it was just not meant to be I guess.

QB     Steve Grogan        23    
    RB     Andy Johnson        24
    FB     Sam Cunningham    26
    WR     Darryl Stingley      25    
    TE     Russ Francis          23
    LT     Leon Gray             25
    LG     John Hannah         25
    NT     Ray Hamilton         25
    RDE     Julius Adams        28
    LILB     Steve Nelson       25    
    RILB     Sam Hunt           25    
    RCB     Mike Haynes        23    
    FS     Tim Fox                23    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

if i remember correctly, starting last year the team announced that they had ditched the silver unis and will be using the reds as their alt from now on

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

the Patriots were TERRIBLE when they wore those old uniforms - why would we cling to a past that consisted of a losing culture?

the Patriots are undefeated in the silver uniforms and they represent the modern era post-Kraft where the team actually won on a regular basis.  I would vote for the silver uniforms

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]the Patriots were TERRIBLE when they wore those old uniforms - why would we cling to a past that consisted of a losing culture? the Patriots are undefeated in the silver uniforms and they represent the modern era post-Kraft where the team actually won on a regular basis.  I would vote for the silver uniforms
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I agree. It seems to me that when they changed the uniform they shed their losing identity. I can't help it. When I see those old red uniforms, I can only see a team that, in the end, always managed to lose.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Throwbacks

I'd like to see there where the full blue uni again

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prophet76. Show Prophet76's posts

[QUOTE]Throwbacks   I'd like to see there where the full blue uni again
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

It's funny, in the time I actually loved the first few Kraft era jerseys. Now, when I look back at them, not so much! I think the newer style of the last 10 years or so is just perfect! 

That said, I bought an authentic throwback this offseason because it brings me back. Maybe they'll erase those old memories by winning some more games while wearing them. ;-) 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I would vote for that. Best of both worlds. They could always use the throwback jersey as the alternate. What they should to is take this original logo, put a white circle on the helmet, with this inside of it, and keep the silver helmet: Obviously, alter it a bit so it just says "Patriots"
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

The cat looks like a zombie in that logo