Silver Lining?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Silver Lining?

Yeah, the loss sucks and they are more than likely going to play a wildcard game now. Call me a homer or whatever, but this is what is going on through my head:

The Pats have faced so much adversity this season that is only fits. I haven't ruled out a SB, though it does look unlikely. However, maybe keeping this team on their toes is what's needed. The game will be against a less explosive team and will give the team another chance to adjust and fine tune their offensive scheme.

Seattle most likely wins it all this year, but the Pats are never out until they are out. For now I am going to drink the coolaide while realizing their chances are unlikely. Either way this had been one heck of a ride, but I still think they have a shot (maybe better) without the BYE. Let the scrapheap they have left play on and learn through adversity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Silver Lining?

Anything is possible this season. Stats do tell you your odds of making the SB are far better with a bye. But...this year...who knows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

No, you aren't crazy... I had the same thought. A cushy ending to the season would've been too perfect. Any less than a constant struggle in the face of constant adversity would make NO sense for this year's team.

On the other hand, a 4-game postseason winning streak, ending with a Super Bowl victory would be par for the course.

Fact is, this team will be in the postseason. That's what matters. Once you're in, anything can happen. With all that this team has been for, I'd like their chances as good as anyone's. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

The best case scenario for the Pats is a Pittsburgh win tonight and lots of snow in next week against the Ravens.

If the Pats can keep the 2nd seed then anything is possible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Yeah, the loss sucks and they are more than likely going to play a wildcard game now. Call me a homer or whatever, but this is what is going on through my head:

The Pats have faced so much adversity this season that is only fits. I haven't ruled out a SB, though it does look unlikely. However, maybe keeping this team on their toes is what's needed. The game will be against a less explosive team and will give the team another chance to adjust and fine tune their offensive scheme.

Seattle most likely wins it all this year, but the Pats are never out until they are out. For now I am going to drink the coolaide while realizing their chances are unlikely. Either way this had been one heck of a ride, but I still think they have a shot (maybe better) without the BYE. Let the scrapheap they have left play on and learn through adversity.

This teem has been on its heels for the past 5 games, pulling off lucky wins despite poor play and bad coaching from McDaniels and whoever teaches the defense how to tackle.

I know the top 2 seeded teams don't always do best in the playoffs lately, but our relationship with adversity in the playoffs and SB lately also hasn't worked out so well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, we're probably looking at playing on wild card weekend.  In all honesty I think we will have a hard time on the road at Balt next weekend too.  That may not be the worst route in the world though.  We'll see.  The way our defense is playing, it's hard to be optimistic right now.  At this point I just want to see Gomer lose in the playoffs again.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Silver Lining?  I'd rather they stay 100 percent healthy next season and win it all with authority in 2014-15, rather than flop around like this and get embarrassed in the playoffs this year by Cincy or Denver or KC or whoever they face.  

Assuming they beat the Bills in the last game.  Guess what? THey haven't clinched NADA yet.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

In response to Sobchack's comment:

Silver Lining?  I'd rather they stay 100 percent healthy next season and win it all with authority in 2014-15, rather than flop around like this and get embarrassed in the playoffs this year by Cincy or Denver or KC or whoever they face.  

Assuming they beat the Bills in the last game.  Guess what? THey haven't clinched NADA yet.

Patriots are done winning with Brady and BB.  They can only win by cheating and since that is more difficult now, the Patriots will need to build a better team with a better coach before they win anything again!

LOL!!  you are one big idiot!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to PatsGetScrewedFinally's comment:

Patriots are done winning with Brady and BB.  They can only win by cheating and since that is more difficult now, the Patriots will need to build a better team with a better coach before they win anything again!

The Jets have been done winning as an organization for 45 years.  I had the Pats going 13-3 this year WITH a Top 5 D.  Oh well, losing 3 key players will affect that no matter how "next man up" you do it.  

The Jets are a punching bag.   Or are you a flustered Rams fan?  Another 13 season failure and counting.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Yeah, a silver lining. Usually silver linings aren't what you want or would rather have happen. It might work out that this loss helps them in the long run, might not. But a playing on wildcard weekend would be very fitting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

The tiny silver lining for me is that the Ravens are kryptonite to the Broncos.  Nothing is certain yet, but if the Ravens are the 6th seed I'd love for them to play PM.

Any other team than the Ravens is the team I'd want the Pats to play in the 1st round.

Also, realistically the Pats were not going to win 6 straight to end the season hoisting the SB ... too many men down.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm not letting go of the second seed yet. I think this team badly needs a first round bye to make a run. I could be wrong but for now, I'm still rooting for second round bye.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I'm not letting go of the second seed yet. I think this team badly needs a first round bye to make a run. I could be wrong but for now, I'm still rooting for second round bye.

A 2nd round bye means an automatic invitation to the AFCCG.   Goodell has not appoved that yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Silver lining?  Well that is Edelman of course.  Edelman and the phat contract that he will command from the cap hell 2014 Patriots.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Your completely correct, 'it is what it is'...

Sections
Shortcuts