Simms take

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Simms take

In Response to Re: Simms take:
    In Response to Re: Simms take : Are you high? 34 points against indy in their house was the result of "horrible play calling" by our "bad coach"? Just go lie down.
    Posted by unclealfie

I agree with the bad play calling. We should have scored 50-60. No balance on offense and refusal to run the ball when up by 15-20. You need to keep the defense guessing and we did not do that at all. We basically just said "This is what were doing now you stop us" and eventually they did.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Red Zone offense has to improve, no doubt about that. Maroney not fumbling on his way into the end zone would have helped us a lot in this game. Brady's pick wasn't a huge help either. If those two are scores, we have what, fifty points, and no one is complaining about play calling right now. Also: if Fred Taylor gets back, we'll run it more aggressively in those situations. On the other hand, if we remain 25th in Red Zone efficiency we aren't winning anything of importance this year. 

Those who commented on the play: Faulk was not the only option, it was a "whoever is open" read. Welker would have been the receiver of choice, I'm guessing, but the ref obscured his view. I hope that ref is on Peyton's xmas card list. I think Faulk did get the first down, but I'm also betting that next time he tries to run a slightly deeper route to provide more margin for error. As exciting as as these Pats/Colts games are to the casual fan, especially playing in Indy, we have to start winning by double digits in order to avoid this kind of second guessing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Simms take : Are you high? 34 points against indy in their house was the result of "horrible play calling" by our "bad coach"? Just go lie down.
    Posted by unclealfie

With the ball, two minutes left until halftime and the ball coming back to us after the half, instead of power running, short passes, keeping the clock moving and getting us closer to points we decided to go wide shotgun, 3 and out, giving the ball back to Peyton with enough time to score.

By the second half the play calling had gone stale and obvious, we gave up on the run and ran on obvious running downs... 

We came out of a TV timeout and had to call a timeout. 

You should stop assuming because Bill has made next to no mistakes in the past that now he is beyond reproach.  Going for it fourth and two on our own 29 yard line was horribly wrong, even though we (should've) got the first down. 

If you haven't noticed how on just about every three and out Bill can be found coaching the defense while the offense is stumbling, maybe you shouldn't be lying down during the games, it seems you've been dozing off?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

In Response to Re: Simms take : Actually he was covered ... by the ref.  The ref in the middle of the field actually ran in front of Welker, getting in the way of any potential pass.  But whatever, if you're too scared to try 2 runs for 2 yards against the NFL's worst rushing defense, then you deserve to suffer from the imperfections of the precision passing game.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Really?  You mean a ref got in the way of a NE win AT Indy??  Noooo I can't believe that?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here is the most frustrating part:

If the refs call it a first down, the Colts challenge and they get a look at it in slow motion. 
    If they confirm the call Colts lose time out but the game would have been over with anyway.  If they overturn the first down, game continues as it did. 

If they say it's short than it cannot be reviewed.  I can't help but think that this occurred to the refs before the play.  I cannot understand why on a play so close and so critical they would not use the most conservative call.  I'm sure even the ref making the call was not 100% sure about the spot.
    Basically the refs could have reviewed this play without changing the game.

One last thought, the spot could be argued but the choice not to give forward progress to a reciever in what looks to be a pretty typical catch was unusual.  You could probably say half the catches in the NFL were a "bobble" like Faulk's but I can't think of anothe time when I have seen forward progress denied to recievers on similiar catches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Funny how in Indy the bad calls never seem to even up. BB probably figured  the Pats were going to get hit with another phantom PI call .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

"Every time we brought Maroney in every person watching this game knew we were giving him the ball. No variation of the play at all."

This is why you bring in guys made for this type of role. BJGE was 100% healthy on the bench. He's hungry. He knows how to hit the holes the OL provides just like Faulk does (but, Baloney does not). With the lead in the 4th you utilize fresh players by bringing them in an run the ball down the opposing teams' throats. Baloney wasn't going to do that. BJGE could have but, we'll never know now will we? 

When (and I hope not "if) BJGE gets a chance to carry the ball 10-15 times, we will all see what could have been in Indy. If BB has no faith in BJGE then cut him! He obviously had no faith in Baloney by that time! So, what's the problem with bringing in a back who wants to show his stuff? I will never get it. This stubborn obsession to stick with Baloney while BJGE sits. BB brings in receivers I never even knew we had but, he keeps BJGE in a closet? 

I don't know if I can take another game watching Baloney.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

This is probably being debated elsewhere on this website but I'm too lazy to look for it...but that so-called pass interference call reminded me of one of them stupid NBA calls where the superstar shooter leans into the defender as he's releasing the ball to draw the obligatory chicken chit foul. NFL refs should be blindfolded to improve their "judgement".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Personally, I could care less what Simms or any other media bozo has to say.  The game is over, the Patriots lost, it's time to move on and take out some frustration on the Jets.

<==== Here's one guy who can't way to see the Colts again in the playoffs, I could care less if the game's in Indy.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

I'm right there with you!! My "dream" playoff scenario - Denver comes to Foxboro in the Divisional round and we get our payback, then Bill fistpumps up and down the field after the game; Patriots go to Indy for AFC Championship and dominate them for 60 minutes (not 57).

We're going to be avenging one loss this upcoming weekend, now i'd love to see the other two teams in the playoffs because I just don't see us losing another regular season game this year.  I think we can beat both Denver and Indy in the playoffs; I'd be more worried about San Diego or Pittsburgh in the playoffs - Unless Troy is out for the Steelers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

BB needs to get back to what he did 5 years ago.  It has been a while since they hoisted the Championship cup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

There are a lot of great coaches out there whose teams have never won another championship.  I sometimes wonder if the Pats want to have an excellent team each year or win a SB each year.  Sometimes it seems they sacrifice the present to be strong in the future, ala the trades this year. We could use Seymour and Vrable this year, knowing that next year they may be strong.  So they make a good business decision, but is it a good football decision for this year?  Having a strong team keeps fans in the seats, even if the team is not strong enough to win a SB.  Pats have not won the SB for a while now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Funny how in Indy the bad calls never seem to even up. BB probably figured  the Pats were going to get hit with another phantom PI call .
    Posted by flasox

Funny how colts fans thought the same thing when games were in NE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

BB needs to get back to what he did 5 years ago.  It has been a while since they hoisted the Championship cup.
    Posted by boomerst3

He did, he had his dbs bumping receivers beyond 5 yards and the refs weren't calling it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

No excuses. We lost to a very good Indy team by 1 point in their house.The game came down to one play that went their way. Sh!t happens.Tomorrow we have an important divisional game that I'm going to enjoy. We'll be meeting Indy again in the playoffs. Gratz Underdog on the win.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"There are much more important things in life..I know that you know that."

This is a football forum. If you want to pontificate, go to either the More Important Things In Life website or the Dreary, Worn Out Sanctimonious Clichés website.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Simms take : BTW NEGAME: is that a picture of you? If so, wow! You are a hottie! How'd you like to go out on a date with a Giants fan? My treat where ever and whatever you want to go or do. I bet we have a fun time and I promise to not even mention SB 42!  
    Posted by JintsFan

Were you going for creepy and pathetic? You nailed it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by boomerst3

I think it is safe to say that the Pats have never hoisted the Championship cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Simms take : He did, he had his dbs bumping receivers beyond 5 yards and the refs weren't calling it.
    Posted by underdoggg

My goodness. Are you still b and m'ing about this?

Just go look in the mirror and say, "Thank you Refs for the gift we just received and any future gifts you give us."

All better now?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This is probably being debated elsewhere on this website but I'm too lazy to look for it...but that so-called pass interference call reminded me of one of them stupid NBA calls where the superstar shooter leans into the defender as he's releasing the ball to draw the obligatory chicken chit foul. NFL refs should be blindfolded to improve their "judgement".
    Posted by Yapple

Agree, I think the "emphasis" on PI the last few years has basically allowed recievers to cut in front or back into the cornerback covering them and draw PI.  The Colts recievers have mastered the art of turning your head back and running straight into a DB before he has a chance to react.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

In Response to Re: Simms take : Agree, I think the "emphasis" on PI the last few years has basically allowed recievers to cut in front or back into the cornerback covering them and draw PI.  The Colts recievers have mastered the art of turning your head back and running straight into a DB before he has a chance to react.
    Posted by shenanigan

----

i'm sure they place a lot of emphasis on training for that phantom PI play, and they are very good at it. manning throwing the ball guarantees a couple calls.

it's a great play if you think about it: risk-free, since it's thrown to be barely uncatchable, and good for about two 25yds+ plays/game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Just adding a little basic football. Once the run is established there is an invention in football called play action pass (I know the Colts know this). On 4th and 2 a play action would have brought many in the box. I think that Moss is on our team too. He should be able to free up. if not put him in motion. Another point is that with a 24 to 7 lead it is called run the clock out!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

" There are much more important things in life..I know that you know that." This is a football forum. If you want to pontificate, go to either the More Important Things In Life website or the Dreary, Worn Out Sanctimonious Clichés website.
    Posted by Yapple

Do you have the address for this site?

Sounds like it's right up my alley.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Simms take : He did, he had his dbs bumping receivers beyond 5 yards and the refs weren't calling it.
    Posted by underdoggg

Udoggg, prove it!    You're just being boring now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Simms take : I'm right there with you!! My "dream" playoff scenario - Denver comes to Foxboro in the Divisional round and we get our payback, then Bill fistpumps up and down the field after the game; Patriots go to Indy for AFC Championship and dominate them for 60 minutes (not 57). We're going to be avenging one loss this upcoming weekend, now i'd love to see the other two teams in the playoffs because I just don't see us losing another regular season game this year.  I think we can beat both Denver and Indy in the playoffs; I'd be more worried about San Diego or Pittsburgh in the playoffs - Unless Troy is out for the Steelers.
    Posted by jasonh86

I'd love to have the Denver/Indy matchups as well. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

i just hope it's not  ne/pit/cincy on the same side.

but first have to beat jets and miami.

Sections
Shortcuts