Sims Released from Practice Squad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Sims Released from Practice Squad

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/09/source_quentin_sims_released_f.html#incart_river

FOXBOROUGH -- The New England Patriots have parted ways with one of their surprise performers of the offseason.

Wide receiver Quentin Sims, who caught two touchdown passes in the preseason finale, has been released by the Patriots to make room for defensive lineman A.J. Francis, according to source.

An undrafted rookie out of Tennessee-Martin, Sims caught four passes for 86 yards this preseason, including two touchdown receptions in the finale against the New York Giants.

Sims caught 86 passes for 1,092 yards and 16 touchdowns in his final college season.

Francis was released by the Patriots last week after being claimed off waivers from the Miami Dolphins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Sims Released from Practice Squad

Not a big shock. He looked good in the 4th preseason game but I don't remember seeing anything great previously. Though the most shocking part is that with the current weakness in the WR core and the walking wounded at this point that they didn't try to bump him up for just the Jets game as an emergency WR in case Dobson and Amendola couldn't go.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Welp. so much for Sims being activated! Atleast AJ is on speed Dial. Maybe he is a run stuffer. Glad to see BB has his guy.....for now.  He better be impressive too! I mean its not like we got a great WR corps running around out there now.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Ouch...  That one hurt.  Apparently the defense, which played well ( top 10 in yards allowed) is more of a priority than the underperforming offense which had issues at WR.  In the absence of another roster move to protect Sims, this looks like a short sighted mistake IMO.  Time will tell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Amendola missed the start of the walk through apparently. Just him and Vereen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Ouch...  That one hurt.  Apparently the defense, which played well ( top 10 in yards allowed) is more of a priority than the underperforming offense which had issues at WR.  In the absence of another roster move to protect Sims, this looks like a short sighted mistake IMO.  Time will tell.

Maybe Donte Stallworth is flying up in his hot air balloon!  Can never have enough guys who KNOW the system!  Undecided

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Is anyone smelling a behind the scenes attitude issue perhaps with Sims...?  not hard to surmise that he maybe was miffed to be on PS.  He is a receiver after all...  who caught a couple eye opening TDs. Maybe nobody told him it was garbage time...lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Please let's not live and die with every back of the roster/practice squad move, these guys will continue to get cut and resigned until an opportunity presents itself, this is the fate of UDFA's.  

When the moment presents itself they need to perform, that's how they go onto having a successful NFL career.  This happens all the time and Sims will likely be back unless another team scoops him up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Interesting. I did like him in the 4th preseason game.  But it was the 4th preseason game, lol.  Can't wait to see who they add.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wasn't there a lot of hoopla about AJ Francis? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And Sims and Armstead. People get too excited about UDFAs around here. Though I guess when you can't get excited about the FA's you have to get excited about something

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Interesting. I did like him in the 4th preseason game.  But it was the 4th preseason game, lol.  Can't wait to see who they add.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

They added AJ Francis. Its in the story.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Sims and thompkins were both UDFA.  they both ran the 40 in 4.5 something.  Sims taller by 2", kenbrell perhaps quicker?

The intangibles are vexing since Sims appeared to be a gamer (preseason that is) while KT seemed to shrink a little under the pressure at buffalo.

Why can you not promote a guy like Sims when Dobson has the hamstring?  What tf is practice squad for after all. ? Switch them...!

But noooo.  They must pass through waivers.  What a pain in the azszs that rule is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Oh well, I liked the kid a lot.  I'm sure he'll be back at some point if he clears wavers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

And Sims and Armstead. People get too excited about UDFAs around here. Though I guess when you can't get excited about the FA's you have to get excited about something

well, there are 9 of them that made the roster

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sims and thompkins were both UDFA.  they both ran the 40 in 4.5 something.  Sims taller by 2", kenbrell perhaps quicker?

The intangibles are vexing since Sims appeared to be a gamer (preseason that is) while KT seemed to shrink a little under the pressure at buffalo.

Why can you not promote a guy like Sims when Dobson has the hamstring?  What tf is practice squad for after all. ? Switch them...!

But noooo.  They must pass through waivers.  What a pain in the azszs that rule is.

Coolade,

you can promote from the PS with out going thru waivers...that is what the PS is all about. The Pats opted to waive Sims, rather than promote him, or keep him on the PS. This is with Amendola out, Dobson questionable....kind of tells you what the Pats think of Sims...JAG

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

well, there are 9 of them that made the roster

The fact that 9 of them made it is scary and just shows how much lack of depth we have. Not to mention how if there were 9 spots open for them to fill how poor the FA's and drafts have been, otherwise those spots should have been filled by better players. I can see 1-3 making the squad every year who show tons of promise but 9? and 7 draft picks?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Coolade,

you can promote from the PS with out going thru waivers...that is what the PS is all about. The Pats opted to waive Sims, rather than promote him, or keep him on the PS. This is with Amendola out, Dobson questionable....kind of tells you what the Pats think of Sims...JAG

If they chose to promote him then they have to drop somebody from the 53 , so I guess I was referring to the reverse ...  sending a player from the roster to the PS, and when a guy is nicked up (dobson) it would be great to switch him out with a healthy Sims. you know?  Why tf not?  Let the hamstring heal.  Bring in a player who might help.

Sections
Shortcuts