Sims Signed to Practice Squad

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Sims Signed to Practice Squad

This guy will move up with the 1st injury to any receiver.   Those two bad passes he hauled in from Tebow shows he knows how to go for the ball something Dobson doesn't know how to do yet.                                                           

http://nesn.com/2013/09/source-patriots-finalize-deal-to-sign-quentin-sims-to-practice-squad/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: Sims Signed to Practice Squad

Good i'm glad! And when he becomes a star I would like everyone to bow down to me for pointing him out first Cool lol jk but that would be cool if he could contribute something and maybe push out someone like Edelman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Great move . . . Sims or T.J. Moe will be the backup to Amendola next year because Edelman has a one year contract.  If Amendola or Edelman go down this year then I see them moving Thompkins to the slot and bringing in Sims as the backup for Dobson.  I went to a few of their practices and was impressed with Sims but Dobson is better at this stage in the routes and he is a better blocker - something they will work on with Sims on the PS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

He'll be on the 53 man roster soon.  Edelman will go down after a few tackles lol.  Only half joking.  I'd love to see what Edelman could do with a full season of health though.

Sims did flash some talent, but he must have waited too long to flash it.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

He'll be on the 53 man roster soon.  Edelman will go down after a few tackles lol.  Only half joking.  I'd love to see what Edelman could do with a full season of health though.

Another Terrence Nunn hey DJ! Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Exactly what I was thinking. Nunn or Bam Childress. lmao

Exactly, every year there's a rookie UDFA who these boards think is the next Jerry Rice.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

This guy will move up with the 1st injury to any receiver.   Those two bad passes he hauled in from Tebow shows he knows how to go for the ball something Dobson doesn't know how to do yet.                                                           

http://nesn.com/2013/09/source-patriots-finalize-deal-to-sign-quentin-sims-to-practice-squad/

Why would Dobson risk injury fighting for a bad Tebow pass when his spot on the team in locked in? Sims was trying to make the team, apples and oranges.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm surprised he made it through waivers. Good to hear, the guy showed some potential.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

I'm surprised he made it through waivers. Good to hear, the guy showed some potential.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

why are you shocked? He beat other number 4s, it's not like he made a fool of Revis and Sherman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to carawaydj's comment:

[QUOTE]

Another Terrence Nunn hey DJ! Laughing

[/QUOTE]

I think I was in the Nunn camp.  Not because I thought he would be great, but because I thought Galloway showed nothing.  Maybe I was desparate to see a young receiver, any young receiver, get developed in our system.  It's been a loooong time.  That's what makes this year so refreshing.  I would have wagered a sizeable amount that we'd never see the day 3 rookie WR's make the team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He may well turn out to be tats on a bull but you must admit the Giants game left you wondering who the heck he is...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

why are you shocked? He beat other number 4s, it's not like he made a fool of Revis and Sherman.

He flashed some skills and scored a couple TDs. Usually teams will take a shot on a player like that for their practice squads.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Anyone know what's the status of George Winn? He looked good in the Giants game too, imo. It was awesome to see how happy he was after punching in that goalline TD. Was he claimed off waivers by another team, or is he still a free agent?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to aytee's comment:

Anyone know what's the status of George Winn? He looked good in the Giants game too, imo. It was awesome to see how happy he was after punching in that goalline TD. Was he claimed off waivers by another team, or is he still a free agent?

I don't think he is on a team right now, but he showed some good burst as well. I believe he was cut from the Texans before we picked him up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

In response to aytee's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think he is on a team right now, but he showed some good burst as well. I believe he was cut from the Texans before we picked him up.

[/QUOTE]

You would think the giants would look -they are real thin at rb

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Yeah, if we weren't so deep at RB I'd say sign him, at least to the PS -- I'm still kind of hoping we do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was very happy to see this kid signed with the practice squad because he showed he could be a really good receiver with some more work. I was worried he wouldn't clear waivers if he had too.

One shot one kill! The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other guy die for his.

George S Patton Jr

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Good signing.  The kid has potential.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good for him, I think he'll get his chance this year with Amendola and Edelman on the roster...it's only a matter of when. I thought he stood out the day I went to camp - the guy is big - you can't miss him. I still think Boyce will have the biggest impact of all the young guys when all is said and done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

BB signed Dill, an undrafted OT cut by Jacksonville, to the PS. He must be OK though, because he was from Rutgers.

Living well is the best revenge.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Liked what I saw from this kid albeit against lesser competition. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. Nunn or Bam Childress. lmao

Exactly, every year there's a rookie UDFA who these boards think is the next Jerry Rice.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nobody said anything about the next Jerry Rice. Embellish a little to make your point?