Sims-Walker calls out revis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Sims-Walker calls out revis

Who's been saying that? I know I haven't. We saw Reevis shutdown Randy Moss in Man-to-man coverage in New England. Safety help or not, Reevis is a shutdown CB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Sims-Walker calls out revis:
    Reevis is a shutdown CB.
    Posted by 49Patriots

we'll see how he does next year. looks like the colts had no problem exploiting the other side of the jets secondary in the AFCCG. remember they kept passing to Colllie and Garcon and didn't even go to reavis' side much

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Sims-Walker calls out revis : we'll see how he does next year. looks like the colts had no problem exploiting the other side of the jets secondary in the AFCCG. remember they kept passing to Colllie and Garcon and didn't even go to reavis' side much  
    Posted by kansaspatriot

KP,
    This only further validates the point of Revis being a shut down CB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I dont know that everyone has been saying this , but I have. Guys like MBEAULIEU and 49PATS are great examples of people who think they have an idea , but have no clue. Seriously if you think Revis shut down Randy last year then you either dont know football or dont watch it. But they will just put up Randys numbers vs the jets and think they know what their talking about. When in fact both are just like the rest of the morons on this board and have no f'in clue. Out of 77 Revis only played REAL man to man coverage 7 times! Only 7 times Revis played Moss with no help , thats it. Sorry but thats not a shut down corner , you want to call yourself a shut down corner then play straight up man w/ no help. In the first game Moss beat Revis all day. He beat him off the line , beat Revis' press and had steps on him many times , so why didnt Moss have big numbers? Well if you watched the game you would know , 12 got hammered all day. Forget about hurries and being pressured , Brady was HIT 21 times. And Big hits , the jets knocked him around and threw him around like a rag doll. I was at that game in NY , Moss beat Revis about 70% of the time , but you wouldnt know that from his stats. And since 99% of you guys like 49 and MBEAU dont know what your talking about you just look at the stats at the end of the game and make your conclusion from that. And as for the second game , again if you watched it then you would know that 12 did a decent job at spreading the ball around , why force to Randy when we know their going to use their two best defenders in the secondary to cover him? BTW we won and no corner can ever say " I shut you down " if they give up 6. Listen Revis is a very good corner , but lets take it easy with " hes the best shut down corner " in the game. Again your not a " shut down corner " if you need help over the top , thats fact not my opinion. Seriously take it easy and get off this guys nuts , hes had ONE very good year , ONE! And if you actually watched football then you would know that hes not the most complete back in the league. Woody had a MUCH BETTER all around year and was just as good in coverage , so was Winfield before he got hurt. And you can put Scrabble in there as well. Revis is a very good player , but lets see him do it year after year. And again , your not a SHUT DOWN CORNER if you need help over the top. Your not shutting down Moss when you have Rhodes playing over the top. If you ACTUALLY watch football then you would know that. And if you dont think he benifits from playing on a team that plays absolutely great TEAM D then your more foolish than I originally thought...anyway you cut it your foolish!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

He does have alot of safety help but hes a top 2 corner in this league. Nnamdi and Revis are great but I would take Nnamdi 10/10 times.

Nnamdi doesnt need safety help while Revis does. Wow your blanketing a teams number one with two guys and giving the credit to one guy? Great! He does have plays where he single covers guy and he does a pretty solid overall job but that doesnt make him the best corner in the freaking league. This guy was one of the most overrated players I have seen in the longest. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

@KP
    A shutdown corner is the one whom the QB does not even test. Your statement contradicts itself!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

He does have alot of safety help but hes a top 2 corner in this league. Nnamdi and Revis are great but I would take Nnamdi 10/10 times. Nnamdi doesnt need safety help while Revis does. Wow your blanketing a teams number one with two guys and giving the credit to one guy? Great! He does have plays where he single covers guy and he does a pretty solid overall job but that doesnt make him the best corner in the freaking league. This guy was one of the most overrated players I have seen in the longest. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

based on the CB ratings I saw on this site from last year bodden was better than nnamdi. they had bodden as 12 and nnamdi at 19 if I remember, its in the extra points section under bodden as comeback player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: Sims-Walker calls out revis : we'll see how he does next year. looks like the colts had no problem exploiting the other side of the jets secondary in the AFCCG. remember they kept passing to Colllie and Garcon and didn't even go to reavis' side much  
    Posted by kansaspatriot

They expoited Revis too, in fact I'm sure BB is looking at that very closely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I liked Revis when he was with Kathy Lee much more than with Kelly. Kelly is little to boney.Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Bout time someone said something. I have never seen such force self promotion by one team and its players in a long, long time.  Revis had help over the top constantly, yet he wants to tell you he's alone as he plays on A #1 rated defense. He can't hold Asamougha's jock.  Revis didn't look so great when Moss torched him for a TD WITH WELKER on the field in the second game in NE, did he?  How did Chad  Henne look torching Revis in Miami?   Revis had a great breakout year, but the hype machine in NY and that is the Jets is completely overbearing.
    Posted by russgriswold

Revis had safety help on Randy Moss in the first game, but in the second game, Revis shut Moss-man down in man-to-man. Check the film again, the only TD Moss-man caught was a pass from Brady that was basically placed in the only place Moss could get it, and Revis could not, Randy's chest. Moss only had what, 24 yards that match? And the Colts ran some curl routes to get Reggie Wayne free, he wasn't actually free. Wayne is just a physical WR. He's hard to bring down once he gets the ball in his hands. No way Moss can do that. Moss isn't as hard to bring down as he was in his younger days, one tackle and Moss-man goes down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

O.k. people, Ya wanna know WHY Darelle Revis is simply a freak of nature...I'll tell ya, here goes:

It's NOT that Revis plays now in an NFL that benefits the Offensive Team more and more (and more)... 
         With such things like a far shorter area where you can now bump or even touch a wide receiver (5 yards from LOS, and Mr. Polian says, "NOT a fraction of an inch more...and perhaps LESS, If I have a further say in it").
         With other such offense benefitting things like: HOW even after those 5 yards, a CB gets called to an unbelievable degree, for such insanity such as, Effecting a wideouts route, not playing the ball, and overall ANY and EVERY breath or grazed finger you place on any and all wideouts (called: as we all know "Peyton", or "Phantom Interference" Penalties).  So, nope...THIS isn't why Revis is so good.

It's NOT that Revis plays now in an NFL that is more and more a "Pass-Happy" League with the simple notion that far, far more looks, reads and overall plays are being brought the cornerbacks way...
         With such things like 3, 4, even the craziness of 5 eligible guys that are attempting to catch a pass anywhere and everywhere in the defensive side of the field.  
         With such things, As those increasing number of eligible receivers in the increasingly pass-happy league, NOW running far more complicated routes:  Multiple Receiver crossing patterns, Tight Slants that are taking the place of running plays, Fake plays, Bubble Screens, and endless amounts of Timing Patterns.
         Oh and, With an ever-increasing Number of offensive audibling QBs, who are now great field-tacticians...QBs, far more adept at ever before at on-the-spot reads, who will make play changes in order to exploit, not simply a greater defensive set-up, but who are so good and numerous nowadays, to exploit and see soft-spots and weaknesses in that greater defense, and either again-changing the play, or simply changing a simple pattern or route or read they make.  So, no...THIS also, Isn't why Revis is such an insane CB either.

Oh, AND NOT the fact that Darelle Revis is able to shutdown team after offensive team's #1 wide receiver: Guys who are the VERY best in the League and Guys that EACH have uniquely excellent aspects to EACH of their game(s) as the League's very best wideouts...  So, No...not even the fact that Revis is able to shut-down the very great wideouts whom each have totally different overall skill-sets...nope.

~THIS
    is WHY Darelle Revis is such an insane Cornerback (at least imo)

~Darelle Revis is just as GOOD at playing ANY type of Man-Coverage as He is at playing Zone Defense.  Sounds sorta d#mb, right?  BUT check it out:

Revis can play Press-Man Coverage.  Bump and Run, when he's lining up like a yard (or even less)-right in front of the wideout.  In this instance, Revis is trying to essentially mess-up a wide receiver's route (I'm using the very simplest terms and explanation).  Revis, is playing the guy AND has extremely limited now-read and react on what the QB is doing.  The CB's using his hands and strength to pretty much get the receiver off of his intended route, BUT in being so close, and thus-IF that wideout is fast enough, or strong enough, Revis will be playing a game of "Catch me IF you can" on a Post Route, or really any deep Fly Route.  Again, I'll put it simply: Revis is playing a game of aggression in an extremely limited space right at the LOS-due to current rules, in order to f' where the WR's trying to run, BUT can't really read the QB, and far more Importantly, IF Revis fails, Then the wideout is long gone, as the wr's now by him for a potential Big-Pass play.

But hey-Revis can ALSO play equally and insanely well, Off-man coverage.  You ALL may recall some of the far more sickening aspects of off-man coverage, with our NE CBs, to a greater degree-2 Seasons ago.  I mean, personally can recall screaming at my television as NE Cornerbacks were aligned with the wideouts, like 10-15 ridiculous yards deep, and the oppossing QB exploiting this time and time (and time) again with short passes to those WRs or, exploiting those deep CBs by passing quick slants/short intermeditae routes to those wideouts who had far too much cushion from NE CBs...  But nope, Revis is nasty at this too.
         Usually, the CB aligns something like 6-8 yards off the wide receiver, and THIS is what he wants to do (again a simple explanation):  The CB can NOW read BOTH the WR and the QB.  At the snap, the CB has to stay with simultaneously keep an eye on the receiver AND the quarterback... IF the QB is doing a quick 3-step drop, the CB has gotta be unbelievably fast enough to break on the receiver, in order to make the quick play on that short route (whatever the route actually is).  Full drop back to pass by the oppossing QB, O.k....The CB locks onto the receiver fully and with flanking the wideout with great speed, perfect body positioning and overall alignment, all-the-while reading that-again #1 NFL receiver who is far too polished to have any real first: alignment-tells, second: route-tells, and finally: pass catching-tells (i.e. when ball's in the air)... 
         So yea...piece of cake, right?  So, yup...Revis is just as ridiculously nasty @ off-man coverage as Revis is @ press-man coverage...But hey, He must totally s#ck at basic zone, right?

NO, sadly Revis is ridiculous when working with ALL the other defenders on the field and BOTH communicating and having the IQ to know when and where eligible receivers are coming into his given coverage area-shell, AND also knowing simultaneously when and where to leave those receivers based on any and all other defender's coverage areas bordering his own
         And THAT means overall, that fatty Jet's Coach can disguise coverages, blitz schemes, and pretty much greater defensive schematics and personell, and NOT have to base his defensive packages based on simply 1 or 2 really good (and thus, 1 or 2 NOT so good)-Aspects of Revis's game as a "Shut-Down" Cornerback.
         Oh, btw...Revis seems to have some uncanny knack to make tough, hard-nosed, and very quick plays on the ball-carrier as well...Which means overall, That he's a shut-down CB that KNOWS almost exactly when he can leave his assignment (or area) to make a willing play on whomever the ball-carrier is, and/or wherever the play is going... 

~Sc#mbag's probably a nice guy too-donates to charities and probably gave a couple of his organs to cancer patients or something...I hate him (but IF he was a Patriot, he'd pretty much be my favorite player...hands down)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Sims-Walker calls out revis : KP, This only further validates the point of Revis being a shut down CB.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

oh, i agree. he shut down his side, he's only one player and he did his job, the dolts were able to adjust to the blitz and still find open recievers. next year teams will probably decoy him and not even have a stratgey to beat him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

@KP A shutdown corner is the one whom the QB does not even test. Your statement contradicts itself!
    Posted by bmadmax81

oh, i agree. he shut down his side, he's only one player and he did his job, the dolts were able to adjust to the blitz and still find open recievers. next year teams will probably decoy him and not even have a stratgey to beat him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Russ and ALL:

Very close on overall total skill-set.  IF Revis plays as good as he has been for 1 more season, my money's COMPLETELY on him.  I'd take a younger Revis anyway (but that's besides the point).  See, I don't watch much of Asomugha, and don't know a ton of his overall game in comparison...but here's what I DO know: 

Many "Anti-Revis as a pure shut-down CB" Posters will offer up HOW Revis plays for a #1 Defense, But NYJ's were just #1 this past season.  But again see, I understand IF one compares NYJ's attacking defensive style ANY of Revis's years and weighs that against Nnamdi's AWFUL Oakland team ANY year, one would go with Revis being the beneficiary, right?  Well, tough-call...What about the fact that IF a game's close, or IF an opponent's behind-the oppossing Offense would be more prone to pass, or at the least-have an attacking gameplan...So in otherwords, Revis being on a MORE successful team, just might have to play out a continously tougher game, playing to an attacking opponent overall, whereas Nnamdi on being on a scrub-team (but again, As a part of a worse Defense), Is dealing to a greater degree being up against Teams playing far safer, run-out-the-clock-because-we're-ahead Offenses.  
         Either way: Nnamdi on a worse D (usually), but playing against oppossing less-gambling-because-they're-often-ahead Offenses VS Revis on a better D (usually), but playing on against oppossing teams who are more passing-prone/attacking because the game's still close and/or that oppossing offensive team's behind...THIS all, might make it awash=even.  But again, THAT is largely heresay overall (on both accounts)...

So HERE (imho), Is the tell-tale factor:  Revis plays teams #1 WR far more than Asomugha does...WHY, Do I know this, you ask?  Nnamdi, for better or worse, Plays JUST the right side of the field, and thus whomever happens to be on it.  Nnamdi has stated openly and outright that He doesn't even feel "comfortable" on the left-side...  Revis plays ALL-over, with or without Safety help (Nnamdi gets it too)-BUT who exactly benefits from that Safety help more, matters not imho...  Revis IS more-versatile, man-press, off-man, zone, sure-tackler, left-side, right-side...Dude can do it all, without weakness and without ANY limiting factor(s)=My $ on Revis, and d#mn I hate The Jets...    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

I liked Revis when he was with Kathy Lee much more than with Kelly. Kelly is little to boney.
    Posted by harleyroadking103

I'd bone Kelly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

i wouldnt exactly say he shut down moss actually .. and moss even said after the game that they had a crap load of safety help over the top everytime . therefore wasnt a true man to man coverage as soon as we get a tightend that can extend the field, and another reciever on the other side of mo$$ then the safety will have to respect those positions as well leaving moss more of a one on one.

Bottom line is revis is good, our offense needed improvement on a true number 3 reciever not just slot, and a reliable tight end. and with BRADY coming off a knee injury fully recovered second year removed Pattiots will dominate!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

People need to do their homework and that includes LAZ , you guys need to get off his jock. 77 plays , Revis only man'd up 7 times! Ill say it again , out of the 77 plays Revis and Moss were matched up against each other Revis ONLY played him straight up 7 times! Thats not a shut down corner. And thats not my opinion , thats fact , he only played Moss in true man to man w/ no S help 7 times , FACT , NOT OPINION! So 49 PATS , LAZ , MBEAU , and 98% of the other morons on here need to step up your game and do some homework. Revis was beat all day the first jets game , I saw that in person , Moss beat his press , beat him off the line and had steps on him almost 70% of the game. Is it his fault our o-line choked on a richard? 12 was HIT 21 times that game , and thats not including hurries! And if you actually watched the 2nd game then you saw 12 spread the rock and Welker tear up the jets. Welkers another guy who you guys need to stop jocking , the guy didnt do chit b4 he got to the PATS. Its amazing what a top 5 QB and top 3 WR of all time will do for your game. Not to mention the fact that he gets the other teams 2/3/4 best CB's. It amazes me how little you guys know , LAZ , 49 etc are on here all day/night and still havent got a clue.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

And Im calling BS on you LAZ. Nnamdi has said many times that he wants to play both sides and hates being the labeled as an incomplete corner etc because of that. And again Im calling BS about Revis being a more complete CB than NA or Woody , Woody beat him out last year and won DPY because hes a far more complete CB than Revis. W T F are you even talking about? Woody is much better against the run and much better attacking the QB than Revis. The jets blitz their DBs far more than any team and never send Revis. On the other hand Woody is always getting after the QB. Scrabble and Woody are much more complete CBs than Revis , its not even a debate! Scrabble's tackling skills are much better and so is Winfield's (when healthy) for that matter. Sounds like LAZ is watching to much of that dogchit sandwhich that is NFL live LOL! It doesnt surprise me that you spend every waking moment on here when you have a bunch of people who dont know w t f they are talking about slurping you. Still , when it comes to this thread your post are 100% pure garbage. Now go back to the childrens table and dont come back until your ready to play with the big boys!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Let's trade Adalius Thomas for Revis.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'm not completely sure on this Sims-Walker fella, But I believe I have 1 of the video games he's made for my XBox...He should find some new occupation though, like playing Pro Football or something, because it's an overall pretty cr#ppy video game...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

@KP A shutdown corner is the one whom the QB does not even test. Your statement contradicts itself!
    Posted by bmadmax81

not if the other CB is horrible and its easy to exploit them

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Theres opinion and fact , and the fact is out of 77 plays against Moss , Revis only played him straight up man to man w/ no help 7 times! Im sorry , but by definition thats not playing " man to man ". And again this isnt my opinion , this is fact! Listen I have all the respect in the world for Revis , he has tons of raw/natural talent w/ killer instincts. That said you just cant deny the fact that he plays on the team that has far and away the best D. The jets do an amazing job at playing great TEAM D , everyone on that side of the ball knows their role. They have a bunch of talented , versatile , hungry , smart guys that absolutely buy into Ryan's " read and attack " scheme. I get so mad thinking and talking about their D , when you compare it to our " read and react " scheme its just two different worlds. Right now we just dont have the horses for the two gap system we want to play...anyway.

I have to admit LAZ I thought you would comeback and bring , but it makes perfect sense that you would run and hide like the other 99% of the people on here. Someone who actually knows what their talking about calls you out and shreds your arguement apart...I get it why bother risk looking foolish again when you can just pretend it didnt happen and still keep your " know nothing slurp dogs " . Seriously it so funny how these ball gag's sit around and wait for you to chime in on some recondite topic like , Laura Mohoney has more upside than AD. You'll come on and write thirteen pages about how bad Lindsey MoLohan sux , make some azz- backward analogy and wait for your half retarded backslapping , backscratching , bootlicking , brownnosing , dependent groupie minions to get off their knees and say , " leave me alone Ma , Laz just saved the day , for a minute I really thought Lisa phoney baloney Maroney was the second coming of Jim Brown " !!!  Im surprised you havent sprained an ankle or pulled a hammy from all the running you do. On the other hand girls , you know the sex that pees sitting down , are traditionally for flexible. So now that I think about it I can understand why its natural for you and everyone else on here to run and hide under one of your cats liter boxes!  

SurprisedSurprisedSurprised

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Sims-Walker calls out revis : Revis had safety help on Randy Moss in the first game, but in the second game, Revis shut Moss-man down in man-to-man. Check the film again, the only TD Moss-man caught was a pass from Brady that was basically placed in the only place Moss could get it, and Revis could not, Randy's chest. Moss only had what, 24 yards that match? And the Colts ran some curl routes to get Reggie Wayne free, he wasn't actually free. Wayne is just a physical WR. He's hard to bring down once he gets the ball in his hands. No way Moss can do that. Moss isn't as hard to bring down as he was in his younger days, one tackle and Moss-man goes down.
    Posted by 49Patriots

One thing you fail to mention Moss had a seperated shoulder that game. Revis is good but playing against a guy with a seperated shoulder does make your job a bit easier

Sections
Shortcuts