Since Roger Goodell has taken over.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

Since Roger Goodell has taken over.....

the integrity of the NFL has gone backward.

I cannot help but feel games nowadays are scripted for the outcome to a certain extent. The chosen teams are playing by a different set of rules than all teams.

In today's Pats game I witnessed a number of inconsistencies in the implementation of the rules. Early in the game the Fins TD was aided by a pick play where one Fin receiver bumped the Pats defender which freed up Bess for the TD. Later in the game....big 3rd down for the Pats Aiken is lined up in the slot and he runs straight up field and defender initiated the contact....PI on Aiken.

I'm getting so damn used to this it's pathetic.

The NFL and their rules are wearing my a** out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

Re: Since Roger Goodell has taken over.....

In Response to Since Roger Goodell has taken over.....:
    [QUOTE]the integrity of the NFL has gone backward. I cannot help but feel games nowadays are scripted for the outcome to a certain extent. The chosen teams are playing by a different set of rules than all teams. In today's Pats game I witnessed a number of inconsistencies in the implementation of the rules. Early in the game the Fins TD was aided by a pick play where one Fin receiver bumped the Pats defender which freed up Bess for the TD. Later in the game....big 3rd down for the Pats Aiken is lined up in the slot and he runs straight up field and defender initiated the contact....PI on Aiken. I'm getting so damn used to this it's pathetic. The NFL and their rules are wearing my a** out.
    Posted by jaxpat[/QUOTE]

Also missed on two occasions I noticed were obvious false starts by the Fins.  However, calls or lack thereof have not been our biggest problem - a serious lack of offensive and particularly defensive execution is what's killing us.  In days past, we overcame questionable calls and were able to do so because we executed, especially in crunch time better than our opponents.  We're not doing that now, and until we do we can't very well blame bad officiating on our woes.  There's an enemy yes, but it's us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I made this argument over a month ago. I entitled it    Is Pro football Dead?
    I think the Refs are deciding the outcome of alot of games. Aso, the defense side of the ball is screwed! Way too many pass interference calls. Way too many! Can't touch the receiver and can't touch the QB. It used to be NFL players were the last of the Gladiators! Now it's the politically correct league. They wanted to spice the game up. More scoring! It's destroying the game. I bet we see a new league in the next few years. I have to agree that when Roger Goodel became commissioner things got weird. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Maybe soon we'll have John Cena and the Undertaker taking snaps...