Since when does a Sea Bass...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Since when does a Sea Bass...

move people around like they've been hit by a sperm whale and does it with the nimble footwork of a Rudolph Nuriyev. He may be still learning the nuances of LT but he was impressive as he## today. He might even jump start the running game as well. Matt Light should take his time healing that knee for awhile. Sea Bass will hold down his spot until mid-February for him....Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: Since when does a Sea Bass...

I was impressed with Vollmer too. Time for me to eat crow, i thought drafting him was too risky because of his major back surgery. Lets hope he can stay healthy for about 10 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

He looked very good today.  I hope he keeps it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I was excited about Vollmer the second I watched some video on him after the draft. He is a monster. He's big, strong, and lightfooted. What else would you want from a left tackle? He was incredible today. I was watching him very closely the entire game and he was just manhandling everyone. One play that really stuck out to me was Hoyer's QB sneak. Vollmer hit his man, and then pushed Hoyer into the end zone.

Granted, the team manhandled everyone, but it was a very good game for the young players.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kittycat6969. Show kittycat6969's posts

In Response to Re: Since when does a Sea Bass...:
    He looked very good today.  I hope he keeps it up.
    Posted by K-max

It makes you wonder if Matt Light becomes the next Wally Pipp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Like him but one game, in the snow where the pass rushers are at a complete disadvantage, against an awful Titans team that was in no position to pin their ears back and get after it.

Relax...

I will say this however, I have always thought Seabass has been  a strong looking run blocker every limited time I have seen him before today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Like him but one game, in the snow where the pass rushers are at a complete disadvantage, against an awful Titans team that was in no position to pin their ears back and get after it. Relax... I will say this however, I have always thought Seabass has been  a strong looking run blocker every limited time I have seen him before today.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

He also held his own against the #1 defense of Denver last week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Since when does a Sea Bass... : He also held his own against the #1 defense of Denver last week.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-

That's what I thought, too.  What do they do with Light if Vollmer continues like this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Keep Light. Vollmer can play LT or RT.We can get a couple more years out of Light and Kazur knowing we have a great back-up that can spell them both.At the same time we're not putting the miles on what appears to be an outstanding RT or LT of the future.He's also great leverage for any contract issues that may come up with Light or Kazur.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: Since when does a Sea Bass... : It makes you wonder if Matt Light becomes the next Wally Pipp.
    Posted by kittycat6969

Probably not, but Light may end up on the right side next to Neal, allowing BB to use Kazcur as a 'swing' tackle.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I loved this pick right out of the gate!  This kid is a blue chipper that fell under the radar; has all the tools.

Sorry, Cam- there's a new SEA BASS in town!!!

Sea Bass, Sea Bass <spoken like a squeaky toy />. Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

vollmer looked awesome!

But I think once Light is healthy he will get his spot back, with that said, Vollmer is too good, especialy at run blocking to just leave him on the sideline. Look for Belichick to implement an "unbalanced" offensive formation where they have 3 offensive tackles at once, power football baby! Maroney will love that lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This may have already been mentioned, but I don't think you can take much from his performance, given that the footing was uncertaing and defensive linemen couldn't get the push they might under better conditions.

That said, the kid looks solid enough. Thankfully, the Pats have a couple of cookies and a bye on their schedule to get Vollmer up to speed.

Sections
Shortcuts