Since work is slow lets play general manager.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Since work is slow lets play general manager.

Would you offer Arizona, Mankins, Hoyer, & Our 2nd round pick in 2011 & 2012 for Larry Fitzgerald. Or Mankins and Oaklands pick. He has a year or so left on his contract and the situation in Arizona does not look so promising.  Do you think he will sign another deal to keep playing with bad quarterbacks and a franchise that is not going to have another magical run. I know that it is a ton to give up for one player but Fitz is worth it and you can always ask for time to work out a long term contract.
    This is the one scenario where over paying for one guy is worth it.

I know this will never happen but it is good to have fun on a slow day in the office.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: Since work is slow lets play general manager.

your right it will never happen, so no need to discuss it any further.  the cards will not sell their Franchise players, they need to get people in the stands

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Since work is slow lets play general manager.:
    Would you offer Arizona, Mankins, Hoyer, & Our 2nd round pick in 2011 & 2012 for Larry Fitzgerald. Or Mankins and Oaklands pick. He has a year or so left on his contract and the situation in Arizona does not look so promising.  Do you think he will sign another deal to keep playing with bad quarterbacks and a franchise that is not going to have another magical run. I know that it is a ton to give up for one player but Fitz is worth it and you can always ask for time to work out a long term contract. This is the one scenario where over paying for one guy is worth it. I know this will never happen but it is good to have fun on a slow day in the office.
    Posted by looneyman

No. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Mankins wants to be a FA.  The only way that's going to happen is if he stays on his current path.  He will not sign a contract so the Pats have nothing to work with.  The Pats are stuck.

Playing GM is easy.  Being GM isn't.  You have to stick with what brung ya.  The Pats have built through the draft and should continue to do so.  Stay away from the big buck FAs.  If trades are made make sure they are of value, bang for the buck.  Now the last two points may sound cheap but the reality is that it's all about the draft. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Would you offer Arizona, Mankins, Hoyer, & Our 2nd round pick in 2011 & 2012 for Larry Fitzgerald. Or Mankins and Oaklands pick. He has a year or so left on his contract and the situation in Arizona does not look so promising.  Do you think he will sign another deal to keep playing with bad quarterbacks and a franchise that is not going to have another magical run. I know that it is a ton to give up for one player but Fitz is worth it and you can always ask for time to work out a long term contract. This is the one scenario where over paying for one guy is worth it. I know this will never happen but it is good to have fun on a slow day in the office.
    Posted by looneyman

Will you please educate yourself and understand that Mankins cannot be traded without signing a contract. Why would Arizona be foolish enough to trade for Mankins knowing that he can be signed after this season as a free agent? What has Hoyer shown that would even remotely think that Arizona would want him? Is it because Cassel is playing so well and Arizona hopes to catch lightning in a bottle twice? C'mon, you say work is slow, but put some thought into it please!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Mankins is better off not working.  He can sit back for now, then he'll sign a phony "contract" for chump change in week 10 at the very last minute.  Then he'll drive BB crazy, because BB really has no idea who Mankins will tackle at the one critical play of the one critical game.  Will he plow through a defensive tackle or will he sack Brady?  Therefore BB won't play Mankins at all.  He'll trade what's left of Mankins.  Then Mankins signs a fat contract and goes back to work, in the NFC. 

The chump change signing and the trade all goes down in week 10.

As far as trading for an existing working player at this time, all 31 other general managers will charge the world for one of them.  Only one GM trades away established players for only a reasonable profit, and that's Bill Belichick with Jonathan Kraft watching. 

To run a good team, trade away for profit and never collect a player for a loss.  Collect draft choices, then profit on those. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

QB:  Tom Brady
    WR:  All those really tall fast guys out there.
    OL:  All those big guys out there who never get beat.
    RB:  Adrian Peterson, minus the fumbles.
    TE:  Gronk and Hernandez
    DL:  Those guys who get sacks on every play
    LB:  See DL.
    CB:  Those guys who get interceptions on every play
    S:  All those playmakers out there
    P:  Zoltan
    K:  Ghost
    LS:  ummmm

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Would you offer Arizona, Mankins, Hoyer, & Our 2nd round pick in 2011 & 2012 for Larry Fitzgerald. Posted by looneyman

mankins and carolina's 2nd round pick in 2011

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm confused about the Mankins situation.  Everyone keeps saying he will play the last 6 games to get vested.  How does that work?  Do the Pats have to allow it?  I don't understand how Mankins can sit out when he feels like it, and show up when he feels like it. Like if the Pats are playing great without him, why should they let him command a roster spot?  I'm not blaming Mankins, he has the right to do what he thinks is best for his career.  But I don't understand what his rights are about playing the last 6 games.
    Posted by John413
    If Mankins came back Belichick would have to give him a roster spot or release him. Releasing him is not an option. Mankins is still a valuable commodity. He's one of the best at his position and could garner a nice player or pick in a trade. So, my guess is, if he's in shape and he gives the Pats the best chance to win, Belichick will play him.

Sections
Shortcuts