SINGLE DUMBEST CALL IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

SINGLE DUMBEST CALL IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL?

http://www.stampedeblue.com/

these are links to the indianapolis colts FANS website. most want to choke the life out of polian too. the fans really HATE their management. polian has created a major gap by being socially clueless. can u imagine what we would have done had bill pulled this crapp in 2007? imagine paying top dollar for that game, looking forward to joining the 72 dolphins or your hated rival patriots for lifelong bragging rights only to have it COWARDLY yanked away from you by some freakin egghead? karma will be a bitchhhh to the colts! curtis painter? (what.. was john carpenter or roy plumber not available?). fine, we now see y peyton should be the league MVP this year. however, pulling manning and essentially blowing up any chance you had at a super bowl victory? priceless! bill polian finally turned his obnoxious arrogance on himself in blowing up, self-destructing and imploding his own team! polian single handedly made that dumb decision. peyton and his team mates must still be puking today from that sick feeling in the gut. what player does not want to be undefeated? they were right there. would have won the game. goodell should be checking if polian or his immediate family put some money down in vegas. unless, colts win it all, polian and his family will be forever banned from indy. seriously, in consideration of the magnitude shift and the momentum-soul killing that move caused, this may go down as the WORSE football-based decision in the history of football, if not in all of sports. even worse, it had nothing to do with anything on the field or from even the coach. sounds like something some incompetent peter-principled middle manager would pull!

reminds me a bit of chicken hawks like bush and cheney and some liberals/democrats too or extreme pacifist-antiwar types; guys who never served or fought anything in their life feeling perfectly comfortable to overaggressively set security or war strategy for the rest of us. polian NEVER played. its a move only an egghead intellectual slowly and dumbly stroking every erogenous zone of the body academic with other eggheads would ever make. no PLAYER at that level makes that decision... NONE! 

of course, u play to win the game. u never know when momentum is going to stop. mojo is hard thing to define and attain. colts have overnight gone from invinsible to to VULNERABLE. why wouldnt colts lose again this week with this dumb approach? look at the SAINTS. lose one, lose to freakin tampa and your guys start frogetting how to win even at home (2 straight losses). saints may lose again this week. colts are now the most hated team in football. its one thing to drop your pants and go to the bathroom on the integrity of the game as the pats may this week due to having to play immediately in a week (no bye). what the colts did should make goodell and most haters forget about spygate, 4th and 2 and everything else that ever came before (at least for now). that move is the single worse thing to ever happen to the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Re: SINGLE DUMBEST CALL IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL?

Well is certainly trumps that 4th and 2 call

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnmoore4. Show johnmoore4's posts

The game wasn't going that great for IND, anyway.  The Jets defense stopped Manning 3 times in the first half, plus Manning has nothing to do with the Jets' offense, which played over their heads that day.  All this in front of the most meat-headed fans in the NFL.  Give them some credit.  Coach pulled Manning so he could save face over a game he was destined to lose anyeay.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It was odd when they pulled him.  I think that was their plan and it got screwed up when Smith ran the KO back, but they went ahead with it anyway.  What was odd was the perception of indecisiveness about it.  Manning had put his helmet back on, almost as if they weren't clear about it.  Either that or he simply knew he was going to pout to so he was hiding his face.  Either way it was a curious moveand quite frankly I saw no positive benefit from it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

wow, imagine how much pouting, thumb sucking  and foot stomping will be going on in that colts locker room this week? perhaps peyton wil recreate his college exploits and put his asss on polian's FACE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Marty Morningwhe (sp?) took the wind in overtime.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

BUBBAZILLA IS A TROLL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I saw Manning and others take some nasty hits.  I think the coach wanted to protect his stars once he had the lead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

I dont' know that Indy could have won this game with Manning in there. The Jets were playing them very well. They never were unbeatable. Apparently you didn't watch them play the Pats. The Pats dominated that game till the 4 minute mark, and if you are going to tell me yeah them what happened? ST FU! without the bs penalties and the horrible spot the pats win................

Can you imagine if manning stayed in and got hurt, it would have made 4 and 2 look like the first pitch in a baseball game being a ball......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

colts CHEATED football. far worse than spygate! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HipHopHooray. Show HipHopHooray's posts

I'm so happy that the colts lost. But thats just the knee jerk reaction to call it the dumbest call ever. No its not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

The Colts blew it! Peyton Manning measures himself against his chief rival
    Tom Brady? The question is often asked "Who's better". Brady's record will have on it a perfect 16-0 regular season achievement to go with three Super Bowl victories. As for Manning, if the Colts lose in the playoffs (and I think they will (to the Chargers), this will damage the entire franchise and put Manning at odds with Polian.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

What most notably separates the Patriots franchise from the Colts' ?

Guts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

All of you saying that the Jets were going to win anyways are idiotic at best. The Colts had the lead by 5 and the only way they got the Jets got the lead was on the fumble recovery for a TD. Their offense wasn't doing anything to that point (their offense only had a field goal to that point), but the Colts as a whole mailed it in once their leader was benched.

The real tragedy about the decision was that it kills all of the momentum that the Colts had. The fact that Manning kept his helmet on seemed to be a sign that he wanted to keep playing. Now the Colts will not have played meaningful football for a month by the time of their first playoff game.  They were going to have a bye week off anyways. Why create a rift in your organization when you didn't have to?

Tough to call any one decision 'the dumbest', but I'd rank it up there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OK USH, are you willing to give up the location in your avatar yet?  A few of us have wanted to know.  I said I'll even buy beer.  What gives?  This isn't Cheney's undisclosed location is it?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I think the reason they did it is that they know, and we all know, that they aren't that good of a team to go undefeated. And I would rather going into the playoffs not thinking about any of the undefeated stuff than trying to be undefeated. A  team that isn't that good to begin with will need all the help they can get in the playoffs, and not having that pressure is a positive.

If they have a team like the 2007 Pats, they would have gone for it, but we all know despite what the record suggests, they aren't even close to that level, and so as the Saints. And if that 07 team couldn't do it, there is no way they could. I don't think it is the most rediculus move since alot of ppl already called that it will happen. Most noticably the WFAN radio host Mike Francesa said in week 12 that the Colts want no part of undefeated season, if they are lucky enough to get close, they will almost certainly lose a game on purpose to rid that pressure before heading into the playoffs, which is just about right on.

I personally think it will have an effect in their confidence tho. Not going for it really means that the organization didn't think they can do it. It is almost like they don't want to be 16-0 and lose in the division title game, save that embarrassment for another time. And honestly, they aren't going to beat the Pats or the Chargers in the playoffs, they just aren't that good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

pochen... keep in mind what it took for that 2007 team to lose..  playing, arguably, their worst game of the season against a team playing way over their heads with a smattering of numerous miraculous plays especially the famous "glued to the helmut" catch!  This goes to show how fluky a season can be and what strange plays can determine an outcome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

BUBBAZILLA IS A TROLL AND A MORON. HE HAS NEVER MADE A VALID POINT IN HIS LIFE AND WOULDN'T KNOW THE GAME OF FOOTBALL IF IT BIT HIM IN THE *ASS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

agcsbill, I know, that 07 Pats team will forever IMO be one of the most dominate teams, if not the most dominate, in the history of this sport. That's why it hurts so much. The Colts know deep down that they aren't even close, so they want to put their focus in winning the superbowl instead. Going into the playoffs 16-0 should automatically make you the favor to win it all, in 07 that's what we felt, but this year, you can't say the same about the Colts, I don't think they can beat the Chargers or us in playoffs even if they did go 16-0. This is a completely different situation IMO. If they were as good as the Pats was in 07, they should have gone for perfection, and if they didn't, it would be a crime. But because of the fact that they aren't even IMO the best team in the conference, it would have been extremely embarrassing to even be mentioned in the same breath as the 07 Pats.

It is almost like, you don't want to name your kids Champion, Boss, King, etc (except well, the Bailey family...), cuz you are afraid that they won't live up to their name, and in the end it will have a negative effect to their life if they don't. This IMO is the same exact thing, except they already know that they won't live up to the 16-0 lable come playoffs time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

This call was dumb although the Giants deciding to try and hand the ball off to idiot Csonka and causing the most famous fumble in history instead of just sitting on it is probably the dumbest call ever.

Sections
Shortcuts