SI's Damon Hack

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: SI's Damon Hack

I love the Patriots too but "COME ON MAN"...with the way this D is playing & the unbalanced attack the Patriots are currently using...this team is NOTHING like that of the Superbowl years.....DRASTIC changes on offense need to be implemented so that the weaknesses of the D won't be so exploited.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Sayin what?

You are basing your hopes on some writer from S/I but the local guys here are all talking nonsense because you dont like their tones.

I am not saying it cant happen, but what part of the last 3 years tells you this one would be any different?

I love how you scour the internet looking for articles to support your agenda, but you when anyone else does it, its the mazz/gasp bait?  and we are just running with what they say..

I personally dont listen or read what they say, but why is it ok for you to dismiss everyone opinions as just some copycat beartwriter c rap and everything you find from writers is true?....because you only find the articles that say what you feel?  

Diggin' deep arent we?

Im sure I could find a writer in Ciny who thinks they are going to the bowl, and If I post that article, what does it mean?

Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

Do you believe we will be beat Gb in the Sb this year or are you just taking the bait from an S/I guy?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The 96' defense had its shair of issues, most notably when Milloy was able to be singled up w/WR's it was pretty ugly but that defense and this ONE?!?!?  Wow, I dont think we can compare the two. That 96 defense although a bit flawed had loads of playmakers on every level. 

We had law shutting shyt down. Milloy smacking backs and recievers. Willie Mac and Slade were applying the heat.  Glenn and Coates basically unstoppable.

Clay playing well in the back end.

Even Whigam was a special teams star,(but messed up thinking he could start at safety for another team)

Curtis running for 1500...

yeah, def. not comparable, IMO

but thanks for bringing back good memories...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: SI's Damon Hack:
    Look at Shizzly. What a rube.  Christ, are you an annoying little chore here, aren't you? I wasn't scouring the internet, DUMMY. I was reading the actual issue in my hand's last night, reading their mid-year report. I point this out, becuase Hack isn't a traditional anti-BB media talking head and is objective. What tells me it would be different, Shizzly??? 1. Don't turn it over in January. 2. Run the ball. 3. D Line depth 4. Clean Special Teams play. That's what tells me it CAN be different.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Wow, you using the lawds name in vain and you cant spell , yet you call me a dummy!

I didnt go to college remember?  Whats your excuse?....he-he

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Hack- whatta good name for a sports journalist

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

I know it's all hope, but wasn't the defense pretty bad in the '96 season until about midseason. And the Al Groh started bringing the shovel to games and sticking it in the dirt on the sidelines to motivate the "D" to dig in, and then they made a pretty good run up to the Super Bowl that year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I know it's all hope, but wasn't the defense pretty bad in the '96 season until about midseason. And the Al Groh started bringing the shovel to games and sticking it in the dirt on the sidelines to motivate the "D" to dig in, and then they made a pretty good run up to the Super Bowl that year.
    Posted by PerryM

THat was 94. THe 96 defense did start slowly, but by season's end was a swarming defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to SI's Damon Hack : How the Pats play the Giants this weekend may give us some insight into how galvanized the team becomes after last week's woeful showing.  Damon may have seen "potential" in the team coached by BB and projects accordingly.  If the Pats do not come back strong...  I can see this changing.  Some here, though, are already giving up on the team and will not believe they can get better as they think they know more than BB about the players by simply seeing them in games on TV. 
    Posted by agcsbill

It doesn't mean much either way. Winning playoffs games is what matters. They almost never lose at home in the regular season never mind a back to back games so the odds are well in their favor like it always is at home. On top of that Nicks and Bradshaw are out. There is no reason at all to lose the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

my biggest concern isn't even all the performance and personnel issues, its the fact that bb hasn't had his team fired up in the playoffs two years in a row.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to SI's Damon Hack:
    Projects NE a #2 seed, Pitt a #1 seed, with NE beating Pitt in the rematch at Heinz and then going on to beat GB in the SB, 31-27. Just saying.

How the Pats play the Giants this weekend may give us some insight into how galvanized the team becomes after last week's woeful showing.  Damon may have seen "potential" in the team coached by BB and projects accordingly.  If the Pats do not come back strong...  I can see this changing.  Some here, though, are already giving up on the team and will not believe they can get better as they think they know more than BB about the players by simply seeing them in games on TV. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to SI's Damon Hack : link?
    Posted by murghkhor

He says he read it in the mag.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Projects NE a #2 seed, Pitt a #1 seed, with NE beating Pitt in the rematch at Heinz and then going on to beat GB in the SB, 31-27. Just saying.

link?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

RWTK

C'mon, you really surprised me on this one. After all your good - bad -  comments about journalists especially local ones, you now happen to like an opinion from one at SI? Let's have it then, do you agree that the Pats are headed for the SB this year and win?

The fact that YOU say " Just saying"  Means to me that your weakening on your opinions. That is NOT like you at all!  I'm not beating on you because you'r very entertaining and amusing to me. I enjoy reading your contributions to the forum here.

Back off on the name calling young guy and the use of the word "Christ' because it offends the few ones left in the world...meaning ME!

Ok, so explain why you agree with this journalist. You started the thread, right?

Have a great day! I enjoy you! as I enjoy all here...it's fun and I  lQQk forward to this forum every day...Peace to you and all!
    In cyberspace one NEVER knows to whom they are speaking. Remember that. Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

It's VERY comparable. McCourty can be Law in his year 2, it's not like Otis Smith was some lock down CB on the right side. This D is deeper up front with FAR MORE talent than that D Line. Of course Jay Shizzzly was probably 4 years old in 1996. lol Clueless. Yeah, Sagapolatele, Mike Jones, Chad Eaton, etc are better than this D Line now. Please. The LBS are more athletic here down the middle to boot. And Chung is clearly Milloy effective level as a SS.

First of all, the 1996 defensive line also had McGinest who was at the time probably playing better than anyone on the current d-line. Jones was better than you are giving him credit for and the linebackers of Slade, Ted Johnson and Todd Collins wer far better than Spikes, Mayo and Ninkovich. The LBs may be more atheletic today when being tested at the combine, but it was a different NFL back then. The average player today is probably more "athletic" than the all but the top guys back then.

In passing situations, they used Bruschi and Slade as ends. So on the whole, I would say yes the line was probably as good maybe better. The whole front seven was definitely better in '96.

You are crazy if you think Chung is as good as Milloy. Maybe he will be when his career is established, but Milloy was once a first team All-Pro at SS. The rest of the secondary is not even close. McCourty this year is not playing anything close to the level that Law was back then. I think anyone would take Otis Smith and Willie Clay over Arrington and the FS of the Week.

By the way, I was in my 30's and a season ticket holder in '96 so I remember that team quite well.

Sections
Shortcuts