situation at RB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

situation at RB

i love the picks of the two running backs this year. Vereen may have been my favorite RB in the draft this year. Shane Vereen seems to be a Faulk-like player who can do it all and Stevan Ridley seems to be more of a Sammy Morris type who could play spot FB and power run.

I think it is safe to say that the Pats are not expecting Faulk, Morris, and Taylor to be back this year. My question is how will the new rotation work?

We saw how it worked with just 3 backs (BJGE, Woodhead, and Morris). But how will the rotation go with 4? If you figure that Ridley will pick up the Morris role, how do the Pats juggle the other three (BJGE, Woodhead, and Vereen)?

Any insight or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: situation at RB

In Response to situation at RB:
    i love the picks of the two running backs this year. Vereen may have been my favorite RB in the draft this year. Shane Vereen seems to be a Faulk-like player who can do it all and Stevan Ridley seems to be more of a Sammy Morris type who could play spot FB and power run. I think it is safe to say that the Pats are not expecting Faulk, Morris, and Taylor to be back this year. My question is how will the new rotation work? We saw how it worked with just 3 backs (BJGE, Woodhead, and Morris). But how will the rotation go with 4? If you figure that Ridley will pick up the Morris role, how do the Pats juggle the other three (BJGE, Woodhead, and Vereen)? Any insight or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Well. I think competition in camp will settle this, and we kow BB has a definite veteran bias built in. But I would imagine that in the long haul Vereen becomes the everydown back, BJGE and Ridley spell him, Ridley works short yardage (he's great at that) and Woody remains the option in the spread splitting time there with Vereen. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Speed guy and Power Guy. Both can block and catch passes. Morris and Taylor are gone. I'd love for Faulk to mentor these young  RBs, but Bill is the one who makes that decision. We have two huge young tackles (Vollmer and Solder) and one project at OG (Cannon at 355 lbs. ) and three great blocking TEs (Crump, Gronk and New Guy). This could allow the Pats to play keep away when facing the more potent offenses in 3rd and 4th quarter. The Pats will save some $$ if Light signs elsewhere, Morris and Taylor are cut, Slater and Wilhite are cut. At this point , I still think it would be wise to have Mankins sign the franchise tender. This O line(lncudes TEs) would maul opposing defenses. BB might have to cut one of his TEs too. And it won't be Hernandez or Gronk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to situation at RB:
    i love the picks of the two running backs this year. Vereen may have been my favorite RB in the draft this year. Shane Vereen seems to be a Faulk-like player who can do it all and Stevan Ridley seems to be more of a Sammy Morris type who could play spot FB and power run. I think it is safe to say that the Pats are not expecting Faulk, Morris, and Taylor to be back this year. My question is how will the new rotation work? We saw how it worked with just 3 backs (BJGE, Woodhead, and Morris). But how will the rotation go with 4? If you figure that Ridley will pick up the Morris role, how do the Pats juggle the other three (BJGE, Woodhead, and Vereen)? Any insight or opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Morris (and Taylor due to injury??) did not really help the RB position last year.

Getting younger at RB will help the Pats look fwd to the future. The Pats at this point only really have a younger Faulk in Vareen and a younger Morris in Ridley.

Due to the CBA BJGE is not signed (and will he be afterwards?)- so BJGE (once signed) and Woody will have a nice complement of Vareen and Ridley.

I see the team carrying 4 RBs with Thomas Clayton and Eric Kettani being cut or or potential practice squad players.

It would be interesting if Ridley is really teh replacement for Faulk over Woody and the Pats took advantage of Woody's popularity and decided to trade him...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Vereen and BJGE splitting the maority of the load on 1st and 2nd down.
    Woodhead in on thirddown in the 3rd down back role.
    Ridley would be the short yardage, goaline power back.

I think if the new TE, at 6'6 266, can replace Crumpler, we can have a dominant runnning game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

I wasn't sure about Ridley at first, but I really think this kid can step right in and do what Sammy Morris did for us and more on the goal line or 3rd/4th and short. Pound, pound, pound.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

I think we carried 5 running backs last year, we will carry five this year,  Faulk will be on the team as long as he is healthy and he wants to play.  He will be a Pat or retire! Hopefully a pat!  Faulk is needed to mentor the younglings... BJGE, Woody, Vereen, and Ridley.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It might have been a more momentous ploy to pick 2 RBs if we needed a RB at all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In Response to Re: situation at RB:
    It might have been a more momentous ploy to pick 2 RBs if we needed a RB at all.
    Posted by BabeParilli

We have one RB under contract, Woodhead. I guess that's enough for you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Posted by BabeParilli

Enough of this "need" word. what is a need for a 14-2 team? these picks give us yet another layer to our offense for the future. people like you need to go root for the jets or cowboys... they sign all the big names, right?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

The Pats got tons of depth on their team, & much of it very talented...with the addition of a 3rd QB & 4th TE & 2 new RB's as well as the other new pickups, I'm not sure the Patriots will carry Faulk...don't get me wrong, he's one of my favorites but Bills approach is rubbing off on me after 10 years...don't let your heart rule your head....change is inevitable & I want the Pats to keep being awesome so hopefully Kevin retires....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: situation at RB : Enough of this "need" word. what is a need for a 14-2 team? these picks give us yet another layer to our offense for the future. people like you need to go root for the jets or cowboys... they sign all the big names, right?
    Posted by FOWLER8196

What is the need of a one and out team, two years running?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: situation at RB : You're wasting your time.  Any Pats fans that sarcastically calls BB a "genius" and then complains about history in the making is clealry a troll. Being patient and planning out a new foundation in this methodical way will basically eliminate these jealous trolls one by one as we move forward.  I am not convinced there are this many irrational and stupid Pats fans. I think they are mostly Jets fans or other rival teams' fans who create different characters to troll and pose as Pats fans. Babe Parilli is another example of this. The NY Jets have spent over 40 years trying to figure it out and still can't. It's hilarious to me they think they have. It will be even more rewarding when/if NE wins another SB.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I loathe the jets. Problem for you in being so wrong is you just can't accept the fact a few Pat's fans might not be the same delusional cookie cutter fan that worships BB's every mov like you.  You probably even find him blameless on spygate, though he brought derision to the very TEAM you are supposed to love. You're not a Pat's fan, you're a BB fan. I'm a Pat's fan.

Sections
Shortcuts