1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Six Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots

In Response to Re: Six Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots:
    In Response to Re: Six Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots :
    Posted by TexasPat3

We can lament and discuss any "past" decisions all we want and play the "what if" game, too.  Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda does not change the past and all we can do is hope the present will work out.  I, personally, do not dwell on the past as it is what it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from creiner812. Show creiner812's posts

Back at you. Seymour for a mid round first may have been the worst. Pass on Matthews was also mamouth. Trading away a chance to get Inghram may prove the biggest mistake if we don't have a between the tackles runner in the play offs. BB has passed on a lot of running backs and doesn't seem to value them too highly. The GB thing is hard to understand.  Maybe the reason our CB's don't work out so well is the 3/4 and weak pass rush.  Lots of drat day capital wasted on trying to replace  Samuels.  The proof of the drafting mistakes lies in the final retention of draftees.  If Brady had only had a true number one like Randy Moss in his prime every year would have been 2007.  A tribute to BB's coaching genius has been his ability to over come rally poor drafting with brilliant coaching and remain competative...and oh yes he does have Brady...his great equalizer.  If his philosophy had been trading up for quality rather than down for quantity and retaining true studs, Patriot Place might be the home of several mor Lombardi's

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: Five Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots

In Response to Re: Five Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots:
    In Response to Re: Five Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots :      I never said that it wasn't catchable...just that it was a difficult chance, and would have been a great play had he made it.      Gary, or somebody...I can't go back and watch any part of that game without getting angry, and sick to my stomach. If you still have the game recorded, do me a favor and go back, and watch that play again. I remember it as a difficult chance...as Asante was trying to catch a ball thrown high and to his left. Please let me know if I'm wrong. 
    Posted by TexasPat3

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

I thought that interception was a " gimmee ' but still the most glaring was Reche Caldwells drop vs the Colts in the Championship game was worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

How long did it take the dynasty teams to win again after turning over their rosters (Packers 60's, Dolphins 70's, Steelers late 70's, Niners 80's  & Cowboy's in the early 90's)...Rebuilding to a championship level is part of the deal after dominating the game over 3 to 5 year stretches...

Like it or not the Pat's IMHO the Pat's personnel issues a re a symtom of a greater problem and that is since adopting their current finesse offense and bend but break defensive phylosohpies, they have but 1 Super Bowl appearance to show for it and almost won that one....if not for a couple of plays for the ages...

My point is only that the style you plays dictates personnal decisions. The New England Patriots that won 3 Superbowls did so with a ball control offense and a opportunistic stingy red zone defense...That on both sides of the ball played a very physical, punch you in the mouth style. Those teams once given leads would grind teams to death in the forth quarter with Clock killin Cory Dillion and Atwain and a cloud of dust Smith before him....

To that end I would say the fall of the empire started with allowing #24 Ty Law to walk and then after him was guys like Danial Graham, perhaps the best run blocking tightend to ever pull a pats jersey over his pads...both signaled the end of championship football being played in New England and in came the new finesse spread offense and the bend but don't break defense...both of which cost us the 2007 championship and the 2006 title game vs the Colts...when we couldn't run the ball and kill the clock with leads late in both games...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

lol "mathews wouldnt have fit the pat scheme" ...oh ya so just pass on the best sacker in the nfl cuz he doesnt "fit your scheme"

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh ok I withdraw, you win. The following facts must be true because of your opinions:

1:Brady has lost confidence because of the Jets playoff loss, oh and the Giants playoff loss.

2:Belichick makes personnel decisions that haunt him(and the team) to this day.(I bet he takes ambien to sleep at night, his 5 SB rings must be uncomfortable)

3:Bodden is a failure.

4:Our offense line is terrible and the middle of the o-line is responsible for our last 3 playoff losses.

5:Our secondary is terrible but we would have won SB's in your opinion had we given in to Asante Samuels demands.

6:Oh and this priceless gem from our discussion last year......Brady's knee injury was a result of him being distracted. You said you could tell by the way he carried himself onto the field in week 1 against the Chiefs.(HAAAAAAAAAA) sorry but that really is funny.(BTW don't you go into your history editing those statements) I already printed them out and made copies!!!!!J/K dude.

Tell me how I have embellished any of these opinions by you and I will gladly apologize.

One last serious question to you and I will end our friendly:) debate. Does every QB who lost a playoff game or Super Bowl lose confidence or in your expert opinion is it only Tom Brady? I would like to know so when I place my wagers at the book I know which guys to stay away from. Thanks for your insight.

Ahhhh shucks one more thing, would you please elaborate on how it was you could tell Brady has lost confidence from the Jets game? I am dying to know what the criteria is for QBs who have lost confidence.

Thanks again big fella.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

Two worst ones are Maroney and Chad Jackson. they cost us two Super Bowls. Any running back in that draft (Joseph Addai, Maurice Jones Drew, DeAngelo Williams or Leon Washington) would have worked. Aslo any receiver (Brandon Marshall or Jennings or Santonio Holmes( he was gone in the first round would have helped. That year's draft was the most I regret.
    Posted by Mirage123

EXACTLY,  these drafts COST the Patriots another SB.  These yahoos are driving me crazy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Benkarkis. Show Benkarkis's posts

In Response to Re: Six Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots :
    Posted by TexasPat3

Exactly again  -  how many freaking draft picks have they wasted on cornerbacks to replace Samuel.  It's unbelievable.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Six Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots :      Yawn!! Once again...misrepresenting and misquoting my positions. UD 6 has taught you well...LOL!!! I've already have pointed out how you have misrepresented and misquoted me above...not that it matters to a hypocrite like you.       I can't help but notice how you dodged my questions in my last post, Glass Joe. Why is that? Still waiting for a response, Fragile One.    
    Posted by TexasPat3

"Would you please elaborate on how you could tell Brady has lost confidence from the Jets game? I am dying to know what the criteria is for QBs who have lost confidence."

Answer this and I will answer whatever question you think is pertinent to this conversation.

In the words of Mike Mcdermott "Cause I can go on busting you up all night."

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Five Personnel Errors That Haunt the Patriots : Proves my theory that when it comes to the early rounds, BB seems to be overmatched, forgets what to do, or has design for the greatest NFL team EVER! (Only it'll be created at some time in the future.) He stockpiles picks for what? Drafting to need? Or, trading to get more picks in FUTURE drafts! I'm tired of it. No big mystery that they haven't had a pass rush sing Bush 41 was in eh White House, so what have they done over the past few years? If you hadn't noticed, I purposedly refused to comment on any of the Pats draft picks, or on any draft thread. It's getting to be a yearly disappointment that when there is a need, and a very good player available, he'll trade it away. I only hope that my 2 yr old grandson see the fruits of this "trading" scheme before he leaves high school. Sure, they'll win more than they lose, and will continually try to fill holes with older players. But, I fear that with this ongoing drafting strategy, that's all they'll be.
    Posted by AZPAT

Wow somehow we have not noticed this. If only I had realized you had not commented on Belichicks failure in the draft, I would have known not to bother rooting for success this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

TC - Texas Pat's skin is toooooo thin to directly address a point when he's been had.  With me he throws out the "whatever you say, dogg" or "enough of the lies, misdirections, etc." or some other awful deflection. 

Good luck getting a straight answer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

wow how did we end up here. Look around you how many teams you can say are successful and persistent? PATs, Steelers, Colts and Ravens. You can add jets to 2 year wonders thats it in AFC. In NFC its all screwed up any way, so when you say 6 personeel decisions haunt PATs in last GOD 12 years we can live with that, whatever it may be. I cant get get the season tickets for last 6 years and cant afford it anyway. I cant even get regular season tickets so business wise PATs are all right. I can go to any game i want for Jets, bills or Miami( i just read it in papers). 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts