Skins Writer Nails It

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Skins Writer Nails It

You can't argue with consistency and to maintain that you have to give props to BB and Kraft.  It just doesn't happen!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Well written and not bashing the Pats.  I like it.  The proper respect paid to Kraft, BB, Brady and the Pats organization.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yep.  Rare, too.  I would say it is 25% respect and 75% jealousy and anger.

Quite a difference from the anti-bb guild's perspective, huh?

[/QUOTE]

I would say it was 25% respect and 70% admiration and 5% jealousy.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Also...  any continuing mention of "Spygate" as the reason for ANY Patriots success is pure jealousy, excuse making and failure to understand reality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think there's more respect for the Pats than we truly see.  Sadly, we don't get enough articles like these from other teams' sports writers.  Usually we get idiots like Pete Prisco who openly trash Belichick with no basis for it.  If it has to do with that Spygate nonsense, get the heck over it.  It was over 7 years ago and Belichick didn't invent the practice.  If it's because they don't like the way he handles the media, tough.  He's been like this for over 20 years.  He's not changing so quit complaining.  That's the way I see it anyway. :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

DoNotSleep...  it is the fans who throw the disrespect card at the Pats organization more than anything.  People in the "business" know better and accept what the Patriots organization has done in this parity era as outstanding. Fans are jealous, other teams want to emulate the success formula!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Very true, agcsbill.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just shut up dude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I read recognition, admiration and respect in that piece.  I didn't detect much in terms of jealousy, some envy perhaps, but not jealousy.  Well written and pretty much spot on IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just shut up dude.
    [/QUOTE]

While many of his posts may have been deserving of that, here was uncalled for TFB12 and merely degrades the board.  I know you can rise above that level.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

He sure wouldn't have been able to have his success w/o Brady.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just shut up dude.
    [/QUOTE]

While many of his posts may have been deserving of that, here was uncalled for TFB12 and merely degrades the board.  I know you can rise above that level.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Come on TFB.  You guys are always trying to start stuff with Rusty.  Just ignore him.  He didn't do anything wrong here.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read recognition, admiration and respect in that piece.  I didn't detect much in terms of jealousy, some envy perhaps, but not jealousy.  Well written and pretty much spot on IMO.

[/QUOTE]

That is what i was saying usually occurs when someone writes about bb, which is why this is so refreshing.

It is spot on. It makes the you know what group here look like regulars on the short bus.

[/QUOTE]

Bellichick and the Pats get plenty of accolades and respect throughout the NFL and sports in general. The problem is you and some other yahoos here want them to be worshipped. And you yourself think Bellichick invented football and is infallible.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

DoNotSleep...  it is the fans who throw the disrespect card at the Pats organization more than anything.  People in the "business" know better and accept what the Patriots organization has done in this parity era as outstanding. Fans are jealous, other teams want to emulate the success formula!

[/QUOTE]

and here is the other bit of homerism, this idea that every other team/gm is following Bellichick and his "formula" like clueless neophytes. It's been a decade since the Pats won a title while other teams have won multiple titles in that time and the fly in that ointment is the fact that if u have an all time great franchise QB it makes the "formula" work a helluva lot better. Like Billy Beane's "genius" worked great as long as u have a Zito Hudson and Mulder pitching, which us why he once again loaded up high priced, big time pitching at the trading deadline despite all his egghead posturing. If u think Bill Bellichick is the only coach/gm who could win with Tom Brady that's ridiculous. BB is great but he ain't the Moses of the NFL leading all to the promised land.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just shut up dude.
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Come on TFB.  You guys are always trying to start stuff with Rusty.  Just ignore him.  He didn't do anything wrong here.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, jealousy???  It's the same garbage from this clown post after post. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Undoubtedly Brady is one of the best QBs of all time.  However, in the year Brady was out, Cassell brought this team to 11-5, which is nine times out of ten good enough to make the playoffs.  Would he have had as much success?  Most likely not.  Would have have had success?  That year demonstrates that he would have.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Undoubtedly Brady is one of the best QBs of all time.  However, in the year Brady was out, Cassell brought this team to 11-5, which is nine times out of ten good enough to make the playoffs.  Would he have had as much success?  Most likely not.  Would have have had success?  That year demonstrates that he would have.

[/QUOTE]

you mean 2008 when they didn't make the playoffs after an almost perfect 2007? Dunno, was Barry Switzer an amazing coach following some pretty good teams coached by Jerry Jones?

Anyway, my main point was that dynasties are usually due to a HOF coach AND a HOF QB. 

The only way anyone will sort of know is when BB and Brady part ways - and even then there will always be a debate about how good each would have been had they not had each other at the right time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bellichick and the Pats get plenty of accolades and respect throughout the NFL and sports in general. The problem is you and some other yahoos here want them to be worshipped. And you yourself think Bellichick invented football and is infallible.

[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a Patriots message board.  Does it really surprise you that the fans here would be extreme in their views of the team?  You do know that fan is simply short for fanatic, right?  Why would anyone think that they would find objective discussions on a website specifically created for fanatics to congregate?  The only "problem" I see here is that we have a fan from another team, you, who is trying to disrupt a discussion amongst a group of fans that he, you, is not a part of. 

I don't doubt that, if we were to visit a Giants message board, there would be many posters there who have very extreme views concerning the Giants.  Of course, since I'm a Patriots fan, why would I bother spending my time there?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

What i find annoying is how these supposed respectful franchises don't step up and call out the idiots who constantly bring up that witch hunt.

If they were sincere about it, they'd realize the petty behavior of those so jealous of the pats, is not really good for the league or for their franchises themselves.

Look at cary williams.  I cannot imagine chip kelly appreciated his immaturity and unprofessionalism.

[/QUOTE]

Since Skip and BB are friends I bethca Williams was called in on the carpet

People do forget taht it was all legal in previous years and even then was meaningless - even by tyopes lie Boomer

Sometimes you just cannot take the testosterne out of these guys, but they should know better tahn to tug on Superman's cape. Willimas will gt torched when they practice and play

i mean Strahan couldnt completely leave it alone either - He is in the Hof, good for him, The HOF transcends teams , you are being acknowledge by the whole NFL - instead of ALL fans embracing him it turns self absorbed

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

We love Brady, but when BB leaves, that's when you better pull out the hankies. Been watching football for over 55 years, Head Coaches go through so many personnel movement in their careers, and keep winning that's hard.
    I know many on this site thinks when Brady leaves we are done, not me. Too good of a Head Coach, that refuses to lose. He'll just come up with another plan.
    That's what make great Head Coaches.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a Patriots message board.  Does it really surprise you that the fans here would be extreme in their views of the team?  You do know that fan is simply short for fanatic, right?  Why would anyone think that they would find objective discussions on a website specifically created for fanatics to congregate?  The only "problem" I see here is that we have a fan from another team, you, who is trying to disrupt a discussion amongst a group of fans that he, you, is not a part of. 

I don't doubt that, if we were to visit a Giants message board, there would be many posters there who have very extreme views concerning the Giants.  Of course, since I'm a Patriots fan, why would I bother spending my time there?

[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Sections
Shortcuts