Skins Writer Nails It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Skins Writer Nails It

I live in the Northern Va- DC metro area.  All the local football and sports media types here talk about the Pats as the NFL gold standard and they're correct.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

There is not a Head Football Coach, who hasn't made mistakes, cut the wrong guy, maybe didn't Draft the right guy. Maybe even making wrong decisions in game, it happens.
    Believe me with BB preparing for a game against anyone, there is nobody in the NFL I would want more.
    NONE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It's nice to read a complimentary piece on this team, however I think if the Redskins tried to model our model, they wouldn't have the success we've had. They don't have our coach and they don't have our QB...big difference. They can talk all they want about having cohesion...developing this guy...promoting that one...keeping this one, but as soon as an average quarterback gets out on that field and tosses an interception..bye bye goes whatever business model you thought you had...bye bye goes all your good intentions and smart thinking. That's the advantage we have - Belichick would be the first to tell you that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SLGDEV's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

[/QUOTE]

you mean 2008 when they didn't make the playoffs after an almost perfect 2007? Dunno, was Barry Switzer an amazing coach following some pretty good teams coached by Jerry Jones?

Anyway, my main point was that dynasties are usually due to a HOF coach AND a HOF QB. 

The only way anyone will sort of know is when BB and Brady part ways - and even then there will always be a debate about how good each would have been had they not had each other at the right time.

[/QUOTE]

Apples and oranges - Switzer inherited that Dallas team from Jimmy Johnson. Belichick had been the coach of that Patriots team since 2000. It was his team. The closest we can come to supporting an opinion on the subject is 2008, as Sheldon pointed out.

I'd also like to point out that the 70's Steelers were not great because of Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino never won anything big. It takes a team - a fact lost on many fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bellichick and the Pats get plenty of accolades and respect throughout the NFL and sports in general. The problem is you and some other yahoos here want them to be worshipped. And you yourself think Bellichick invented football and is infallible.

[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a Patriots message board.  Does it really surprise you that the fans here would be extreme in their views of the team?  You do know that fan is simply short for fanatic, right?  Why would anyone think that they would find objective discussions on a website specifically created for fanatics to congregate?  The only "problem" I see here is that we have a fan from another team, you, who is trying to disrupt a discussion amongst a group of fans that he, you, is not a part of. 

I don't doubt that, if we were to visit a Giants message board, there would be many posters there who have very extreme views concerning the Giants.  Of course, since I'm a Patriots fan, why would I bother spending my time there?

[/QUOTE]

Well said.

[/QUOTE]

+1

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

I love how my original post was removed by moderator mrs krap.

If anyone doubts the anti-bb conspiracy here at the globe, look no further.

Told ya.

An article praising bb is apparently bad for business. My god are they cuckoos here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how my original post was removed by moderator mrs krap.

If anyone doubts the anti-bb conspiracy here at the globe, look no further.

Told ya.

An article praising bb is apparently bad for business. My god are they cuckoos here.

[/QUOTE]

I think your pal TFB reported it. He had to go out of his way to tell you to shut up for no reason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

That could be it, Don't Sleep.  He's so enraged that BB gets accolades, which makes his admitted love of BB, strong enough to switch fanbases mind you, so confusing to anyone who read his confessional as to why he came to our fanbase.

Why would anyone who switched loyalties to an NFL team now hate the GM/coach of the team he roots for?

Is his lust for Brady that deep and disturbed? What is it besides a mental disorder?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Mods - we are not too delicate to read whatever Rusty wrote to kick off this post. Thx.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Mods - we are not too delicate to read whatever Rusty wrote to kick off this post. Thx.

[/QUOTE]

Somebody is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

This is what I mean about the discretion of the mods or the mod.  Why don't they check to see if the post is worth deleting?

How is a great article worthy of a deletion?

This board is so messed up with the trolls trying to ruin it for everyone the troll enablers are as bad as the trolls themselves.

If TFB12 didn't do it, it's likely Bustchise or Gunty also wrapped up in a warped jealousy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is what I mean about the discretion of the mods or the mod.  Why don't they check to see if the post is worth deleting?

How is a great article worthy of a deletion?

This board is so messed up with the trolls trying to ruin it for everyone the troll enablers are as bad as the trolls themselves.

If TFB12 didn't do it, it's likely Bustchise or Gunty also wrapped up in a warped jealousy.

Maybe the mods are tired of you and your lies too.  If it's a thread made by you it's probably worth just deleting it, lol!!

You still mad at me and pcmIV for embarrassing you so bad?  LOL at you trying to lie by telling everyone Reiss said something he never said.  You fraud!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

^Do I need to say anymore?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Jints, just GFY, seriously you're a clown 

We all know the Pats get plenty of accolades around the league and deservingly so. If you have a problem with the PATRIOTS coach being held in high regard on a PATRIOTS fans forum, then just stay the hell out of here. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We love Brady, but when BB leaves, that's when you better pull out the hankies. Been watching football for over 55 years, Head Coaches go through so many personnel movement in their careers, and keep winning that's hard.
    I know many on this site thinks when Brady leaves we are done, not me. Too good of a Head Coach, that refuses to lose. He'll just come up with another plan.
    That's what make great Head Coaches.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What's his record without TB, again?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

We love Brady, but when BB leaves, that's when you better pull out the hankies. Been watching football for over 55 years, Head Coaches go through so many personnel movement in their careers, and keep winning that's hard.
    I know many on this site thinks when Brady leaves we are done, not me. Too good of a Head Coach, that refuses to lose. He'll just come up with another plan.

[/QUOTE]

No doubt. He's such a great coach that the new QB would be competitive almost immediately.  Mariucci said it tonight referencing the 2008 season and Cassel.

Everyone knows it.

Well, except the BBW Guild.

They have a serious problem.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No doubt. He's such a great coach that the new QB would be competitive almost immediately.  Mariucci said it tonight referencing the 2008 season and Cassel.

Everyone knows it.

Well, except the BBW Guild.

They have a serious problem.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What is his record without TB, again?

Your buddy Paul Perrillo said today that this is NOT a SB contending team without Brady.

Everyone agreed.

Put Brady on the Jests and they win the division.  Put Brady on the Fins and they win the division.  Put Brady on the Bills and they win the division.

Put beebee on the Jest and they win NOTHING!

BWAHAHAHA

BB without Brady, sub par!  FACT!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

an someone repost the article? I missed it and it was taken down?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

^Do I need to say anymore?

No, you have lied enough the past few days, no need for you to say lie anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

Yes could someone please repost the article as I missed it also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Um

bb drafted tb

he kept him as a 4th qb,

how many gms, coaches do that?

he has met him once a week since the beginning

TB deserves all his alcholades, he worked his butt off, but no bb probably no tb

this has always been a screwy debate

go back in time , was Auerbach only a great coach coz he had Russel.

was Jackson only a great coach cos he had Jordan, the shaq and Kobe?

gosh he was one dropped Int from the pinnacle of the immortality mount olympus

btw

how in the world did the OP get deleted?
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

an someone repost the article? I missed it and it was taken down?

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

Here ya go:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/washington-redskins-could-learn-a-lot-from-new-england-patriots/2014/08/04/8443ff80-1bed-11e4-ae54-0cfe1f974f8a_story.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/washington-redskins-could-learn-a-lot-from-new-england-patriots/2014/08/04/8443ff80-1bed-11e4-ae54-0cfe1f974f8a_story.html

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'd actually like an explanation as to what was so flippin objectionable about the OP?  I see a whole boatload worse on this forum, some of it bordering on hate speech, that remains up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

There was nothing wrong with the OP...stupid BDC.

Anyways, that was a nice article. While I do wish we had won at least one of those  two SBs, it makes you appreciative of what we have as Pats fans otherwise.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd actually like an explanation as to what was so flippin objectionable about the OP?  I see a whole boatload worse on this forum, some of it bordering on hate speech, that remains up.

[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

Sections
Shortcuts