Slater has shown up this Preseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Slater has shown up this Preseason

Keep Slater.  No need for Tate when you have Dan Connolly averaging 71 yards per punt return.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree Slater has done well, at one point this summer someone said he's improved as a receiver and at the time I thought he was nuts. Got to hand it to him, he deserves a spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Has shown up in a big way. Slater's got to make the roster. He is probably the best ST player we have right now. Perhaps both he, Tate and Edleman stay, and they dump Tracy White. Although I think White provides some decent depth at LB, especially in the 4-3. I like how he has been playing this preseason as well.

I think the discussion comes down to Slater, Tate, Edelman. Slater better WR than Tate. Edelman better PR than Tate. KR not as important as it once was. Tate is expendable. Keep Slater as your #6 WR and ST gunner, Edelman is #5 WR plus PR guy, and Tate leaves town.
    Branch, Welker, Ocho. Price, Edelman, Slater

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Slater has shown up this Preseason:
    [QUOTE]I agree Slater has done well, at one point this summer someone said he's improved as a receiver and at the time I thought he was nuts. Got to hand it to him, he deserves a spot.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

i mightve been the nut (or at leasrt one of :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Tate is good as gone.

I was at the game and focused on him a lot.

Tate has little to no instincts. Looked lost and useless.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Slater, gets it after 4 yrs, or whatever. 

Starting to think Slater=Izzo.

Nice player to have.

Loyal and competitive at a small price

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

DISCLAIMER ~
      I have NEVER been a Matthew Slator fan.
    Though I appreciate his work ethic and demeanor ( good kid ) , I've consistantly been one of his biggest detractors because :
    a) Useless on O and D 
      I've always thought that if we were ever desperate enough to have to insert him at Wr or D-back ... our personel must have been reduced so badly that we were toast anyway.
    b) Overated on ST's .
     Yah granted he's fairly consistant on the routine stuff - but he never makes the OUTSTANDING play . The Don Beebe type of ST play where you go "oooohhhh" , the ones that actually IMPACT a game.
    Solid - yes , Game changer - No .
    c)DEAD WEIGHT 
     Roster spots are GOLD ( pure gold Jerry ).
      I'm a die hard IN BB WE TRUST fan so I understand perfectly well that Belichick would cut his own son if there was a similar player just a hair better them him  , so Jackies kid repeated snaggin' a spot always seemed odd
    ( Especially last year when Slator was hurt the entire preseason ) 
     I couldnt help but wonderin' if Papa Slator had something on Bill .

THAT SAID ...

Matthew Slator has clearly earned his place on the 53 .

( Now watch BB throw us all a curve ball and finally cut him... LOL )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Who knows? Maybe Slater will be another Troy Bown type guy. Brown was purely a STer early in his career and was lucky to stick around several times before coming into his own at WR. Plus Slater has some experience at Safety.

Sections
Shortcuts