Slater Time??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Slater Time??

Any chance Matthew Slater steps into a bigger role as a WR tonight? He has 'been in the system' longer than Edelmann, so he has got to know more than Thompkins, Boyce and Dobson at this point. Most people seem to be thinking tonight is going to be a run dominated attack, but could the Pats simplify the routes for the rookies and then spread the field with 4 wideouts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Slater Time??

Well, I guess that wont work since he is questionable with a knee injury...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

They could and it might work. edelman will be neutralized because he is the best WR out there right now. dobson, Boyce, thompkins should see some balls thrown their way. I wouldnt be surprised if hooman caught a few balls as well. 

In terms of groupings, its anyone's guess. We technically have 2 te's, but even in last game where you had a "legit" catcher like sudfield not much went his way. I think we see a lot of 3 receiver sets and wouldn't be surprised if slater is in when we go 4 from time to time. We have no other options at this point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

i say give the rookies more playing time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

i say give the rookies more playing time.

Agree...we really don't have a choice. Just like we have to play Ridley instead of Vereen and will probably have to use Washington on 3rd downs. We are in a tough position with no options but to roll with who is still standing. Lets just hope no one else goes down after tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

They could and it might work. edelman will be neutralized because he is the best WR out there right now.

^^^^^ I like Edelman but this quote is scary.

The WR's may work ok in the reg season but come playoff time when the games get very real I am not sure we will have anyone that can win a one on one battle except Gronk.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I dont think so...the entire summer, I never saw Slater working with the WR's. Saw some DB work from him, but not WR.

I do believe Thomkins and Boyce are better options....

Seems Russ is going to get his wish....forcing TB to make uncomfortable throws to WR's he does not yet trust...hoping for no injuries to TB and 200 plus yards from the RB's

I am hearing Bolden is going to give it a try tonight

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I am very interested to see what tonight's offensive game plan will be.  The consensus seems to be a heavy dose of the gorund game but one never knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Al Davis said it best, "Just win Baby!"

Wish more Pat Fans would go by this statement. You'll really enjoy the season more.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

No. No Slater. THat smacks of hysteria.

No... KT is a good WR. He had some good plays in what was overall not a good game. But he is a FIRST GAME rookie. Each week he will make a mistake and the litmus test will be what he does to eliminate them as they happen. He is good and, unlike a previous comment regarding the rookie WRs and the playoffs, by the end of the year you want them to be 1 year veterans so that they can have real value in the playoffs. Every game is important to these guys.

SO... KT needs to improve over last week. A great game from him would be wonderful but a solid game with more good plays and fewer mistakes can make a difference.

I hope but have less immediate expectation for Boyce and Dobson but both can make plays... even big plays. I wont be shocked to see Boyce make one or two plays downfield, even deep. ANd I wont be surprised if Dobson makes a couple of important catches and maybe a highlight one-hander. But I am not expecting too much from those two YET.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I would say most likely no to Slater getting reps. He really does one thing well , which is run fast in a line. Whenever he gets in the game, the D is already thinking playaction and a deep ball to him. I could see him getting some snaps as a blocker in the run game if anything to keep guys like Dobson and Edleman from playing too many snaps. So we may see him due to the short week and guys being hurt but I doubt they throw a pass his way. He is an assett blocking on the outside. DOnt forget the Jets have a good D line, so as much as I thought they would pound it, they may attack the rookie Millner and the middle of the field with Edleman. We were running good vs Bufallo and still passed 52 times so who knows. Just need a W and to stay healthy

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

They could and it might work. edelman will be neutralized because he is the best WR out there right now.

^^^^^ I like Edelman but this quote is scary.

The WR's may work ok in the reg season but come playoff time when the games get very real I am not sure we will have anyone that can win a one on one battle except Gronk.

[/QUOTE]

Boyce already proved he could beat a 1-on-1 last game, but Brady doesn't trust him it seems..Amendola, Edelman also proved they can beat coverage as well, the only uncertainty are Dobson and Thompkins.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I am very interested to see what tonight's offensive game plan will be.  The consensus seems to be a heavy dose of the gorund game but one never knows.

I say whatever works. I don't care if its pass, run, play action, or trick plays.  You take what they give you. Use whatever is working until they stop it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

And Moss sits in a TV studio while Nero lets Rome burn. LMAO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

This is Slater's sixth year with the team, and he has one NFL reception. I feel like if he were capable of contributing at WR he would have by now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Randy Moss is not walking through that door, fans. Dieon Branch is not walking through that door, and Donte Stallworth is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

And Moss sits in a TV studio while Nero lets Rome burn. LMAO

So, like Tebow, you want Moss on the team, huh? You have that big a problem with letting go?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Slater was good enough to be the wide receiver in the Pro Bowl last year and played over 20 snaps as the wideout!

Sections
Shortcuts