slater????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

slater????

What about slater? Is still on the team or will he get cut?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: slater????

My guess is that unless he tears it up between now and cut time he's a goner!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Not going to get cut. He is on special team and punt return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He will probably battle Julian Edelman for playing time....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I think he could easily be replaced.  He doesnt make an impact on offense or defense and new special teamers such as Greg Lewis, Julian Edelman, and terrance Nunn can fill his role and they also show potential in other areas. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm not a big Slater fan, as memory recalls he had two opportunities against K.C. and Pittsburgh to return kickoffs, and fumbled both times.  If a player can't hold onto the ball and is used solely for kickoffs, they he shouldn't be on the team.  This is pro football, and the Pats can find plenty of player that can at least not fumble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I think Slater is going to be a bubble player on the roster and end up being cut or to the practice squad.  I was at the game against Pittsburgh last year when he fumbled the kickoff. 

That was a major turning point in the game and the season.  BB will have to see some real special teams value to keep this guy on the squad.  I am predicting that he does not make the final 53.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from timmyc38. Show timmyc38's posts

In Response to slater????:
    What about slater? Is still on the team or will he get cut?
    Posted by NEforever

Joba's pitches got away

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

In Response to Re: slater????:
    I think Slater is going to be a bubble player on the roster and end up being cut or to the practice squad.  I was at the game against Pittsburgh last year when he fumbled the kickoff.  That was a major turning point in the game and the season.  BB will have to see some real special teams value to keep this guy on the squad.  I am predicting that he does not make the final 53.
    Posted by SmokingJoe

Looking more like it. He did not have a good practice today. He fumbled a punt return. I have to change my thoughts on him making the roster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

After watching him drop kick offs in practice yesterday I think there are much better options on this roster to replace him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Slater gets CUT!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

He still has a 20% chance of staying, but he needs to make some magic in the preseason games.  Otherwise maybe the Chiefs will pick him up.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

For Pats players on or near the bubble, it must be somewhat reassuring to know that your exit out of the NFL still has to go through Denver, Kansas City and Cleveland........

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Cut him if we have to in order to give Nunn a spot.  If Nunn catches in games like he catches in camp (big IF), we got a hidden gem and must not try to sneak him onto the practice squad.

In fact, it's probably safe to say that we will not "sneak" anyone of value onto the practice squad this year.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If Slater has a future it is as a safety, he has always been too long a strider to do any damage in the return game, unless of course he keeps dropping them in which case he is damaging us.

If he doesn't show marked improvement on defense than expect him to be cut...

Sections
Shortcuts