In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Don't worry, Brady will eventually throw another interception so you can be happy again. If it had been up to you Mallet would be the QB right now. I still remember you wanting to trade Brady for draft picks a few months ago even if you don't.

[/QUOTE]

Liar and loser.  Do I have to bring up your post AGAIN?  Already did it once.  You forgot that too?

Yes he did seem to forget saying that. He said it right after the Cardinal's game when (heavens to Betsy) Brady threw a interception. He wanted to trade him right then and start the Mallett revolution. He can twist it all he wants, but he did write that...he wanted Mallett to be starting right then and Brady to be gone for picks.

Now that was some high quality dumb stuff.

[/QUOTE]

That's a lie. I said the O line was not together yet so he gets a pass.  That's exactly what I said.

Someone brought up trading brady and going with Mallett and I said it would be something you would consider down the line if he starts to fade before age 40. He says he can play until 40.  We'll see about that.

Hence, why I want more of a run game which they clearly are focusing more on this year.

You idiots have the worst reading comprehension I've ever seen. You combine two of my isolated opininions into one.   MORONS

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't even use the quote function correctly.

[/QUOTE]

What's that have to do with all your lies, twisted logic, misrepresentations and flat out being WRONG 95% of the time?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Smartest Thing King Has Said In Years

[QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BB could see for himself that Reche Caldwell was not going to be enough going into '07 after his key drops in the '06 AFCCG.  He didn't TB or anyone else to tell him.

[/QUOTE]

Of course not. He was intended to be the #2 or #3 behind Brown.  I don't blame Brady for being ticked, but it is what it is. No one player's personal demands are above the team.

Branch said he regretted his actions at the time, too.  The point here is, Brady has influence with what kind of a WR BB brings in as far as free agents go.  It's assinine to think otherwise.

If you have a HOF QB, aren't you going to broach the subject of WHOM he'll be throwing to in the upcoming season or seasons? Of course.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I don't really see why this matters...

So what if Brady influences who arrives via free-agency? Isn't that part of his job as the quarterback of the team?

He's arguably the best quarterback ever -- I'll trust his judgment. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to vertigho's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

BB could see for himself that Reche Caldwell was not going to be enough going into '07 after his key drops in the '06 AFCCG.  He didn't TB or anyone else to tell him.

[/QUOTE]

Of course not. He was intended to be the #2 or #3 behind Brown.  I don't blame Brady for being ticked, but it is what it is. No one player's personal demands are above the team.

Branch said he regretted his actions at the time, too.  The point here is, Brady has influence with what kind of a WR BB brings in as far as free agents go.  It's assinine to think otherwise.

If you have a HOF QB, aren't you going to broach the subject of WHOM he'll be throwing to in the upcoming season or seasons? Of course.

[/QUOTE]

So what if Brady influences who arrives via free-agency? Isn't that part of his job as the quarterback of the team?

[/QUOTE]

That's it.  The suggestion that BB gave in to TB in '07 and gave him toys because he was acting like a spoiled child is ridiculous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's a balance there. If Brady has too much power and then doesn't deliver based on his wants, then he needs to be held accountable.

Let's be honest, he has VERY high demands for his receivers, which is a good thing, but maybe it's also a bad thing because of how spoiled he's been here.  Earlier in his career, he had veteran route runners, Weis, nice O Lines, good RBs, etc, and then in 2007 he got toys for the aerial variety in 2007 or in 2010/2011/2012.

My point is how much power BB gives him. The less, the better a QB Brady is.

[/QUOTE]

Do we have proof with regards to that final statement?

Statisically speaking, Brady has had his best seasons since the offensive movement of 2007.

I'm not convinced that our playoff success (or lack thereof) since 2007 is a direct result of Brady's play.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

Here is one small piece.....Not total evidence, but I will try to find the one that talks about AFTER the 2006 season and Brady not being happy with Branch traded:

"Second, they are putting Brady in an awkward position. Last week, a supposedly emotional Brady was quoted in Sports Illustrated as saying that Branch is one of the best in the game. Brady later had to back off those comments when management (coach Bill Belichick, that is) got upset about the issue.

Thus, the Patriots are messing with their most important player, and that is unhealthy. Moreover, they are looking mighty cheap after winning three titles, which helped propel them to becoming the No. 2 team in the league last year in terms of generating revenue and profit. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Another reference to it here:

Take A Lap – 2006 Deion Branch January 11, 2010 By Chris Warner 9 Comments

by Chris Warner, Patriots Daily Staff

Okay, stay with us. In 2006, receiver Deion Branch sat out the beginning of the season in an attempt to work out a bigger, better contract. The Patriots tried to make do with Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel, adding Jabar Gaffneymidway through the season. After a superhuman effort from Tom Brady, that team fell a minute short of winning the AFC Championship.

In 2007, Coach Bill Belichick made a concerted effort to make it up to Brady, getting Randy Moss and Wes Welker. This led to the greatest offense in NFL history and one of the biggest upsets in that year’s Super Bowl when the defense failed to hold a four-point lead in the final minutes.

Since Branch’s holdout the Patriots have evolved into the type of squad that has to outscore opponents because they cannot stop them. Though the passing proficiency has proven entertaining at times, it has failed to garner overall success. When thinking of Super Bowls, these names come to mind: David Patten, David Givens, Troy Brown and Branch. Not a Hall of Famer in the Bunch, but plenty of fat rings to go around.

Sunday’s collapse vs. Baltimore was about as much fun to watch as a vasectomy, largely because New England lost sight of what made them great five years ago (for clarification, see: 2009 Ravens and Jets). Therefore, Deion Branch, for breaking your contract and eventually coaxing the Patriots into taking the wrong path, you can take the final lap of the ill-fated 2009 season.

And, hey, if you want to come back to Foxboro, that’s cool, too.

Email Chris Warner at chris.warner@patriotsdaily.com

[/QUOTE]

There is not one quote from Belichek or Brady in this. This is some sportswriter's attempt at wit after the 2009 season. Belichek has since gone 14-2, 13-3 and 8-3 since then and gone to a super bowl. That writer has serious egg on his face. He basically called the Patriots done when they were just getting their third wind and you complain about Mazz. Sheesh remind me to ignore that guy's articles in the future.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's a balance there. If Brady has too much power and then doesn't deliver based on his wants, then he needs to be held accountable.

Let's be honest, he has VERY high demands for his receivers, which is a good thing, but maybe it's also a bad thing because of how spoiled he's been here.  Earlier in his career, he had veteran route runners, Weis, nice O Lines, good RBs, etc, and then in 2007 he got toys for the aerial variety in 2007 or in 2010/2011/2012.

[/QUOTE]

Statisically speaking, Brady has had his best seasons since the offensive movement of 2007.

I'm not convinced that our playoff success (or lack thereof) since 2007 is a direct result of Brady's play.

[/QUOTE]

The proof is in many ways:

1. Brady gets multiple plays called into his headset and he has full autonomy at the line. We saw this last night, for crying out loud.

2. Brady says he prefers being unde Center. Source: 2010 WEEI Radio Interview

3. Go look up Brady's postseason stats since 2007.

NE blew leads in the 2007 and 2011 AFC title games and in each SB due to Brady's play, specifically.

[/QUOTE]

That's all fine, but what makes you think that Brady's postseason struggles since 2007 have anything to do with the weapons at his disposal?

He has struggled, that's for certain, but I don't think it's a direct result of his wide-receivers.

I would agree that the lack of a running-game could be a cause, but I don't put that on Brady, but rather on the RB's. When I look at the RB's they've had since 2007, I see a lot of mediocre players.

Maroney was a bust. Green-Ellis is a hard-worker, and a guy who you love to have on your team, but he isn't a starter on a playoff caliber team. 

Now that we have real talent at the RB position, you're seeing the revival of the running-attack. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. Brady gets multiple plays called into his headset and he has full autonomy at the line. We saw this last night, for crying out loud.

NE blew leads in the 2007 and 2011 AFC title games and in each SB due to Brady's play, specifically.

[/QUOTE]

Brady HAD the lead up until the last seconds..  He did not BLOW the lead.  Only the D can blow a lead once it is established.   Insufferable little troll.

What kind of person comes on BDC to argue with Pats fans constantly? 

The logical answer is non-Pats fans.  Of course, there's nothing logical about you.  Nothing!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Pats won the 2007 and 2011 AFC title games. Why are you so upset about them?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

We need Brady along with help from the running game and defense to win the Super Bowl. One guy can't win on his own but without Brady the Patriots would be average. The drop off from Brady to Mallet is scarey, let's hope we don't ever have to see it other than mop up time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady HAD the lead up until the last seconds..  He did not BLOW the lead.  Only the D can blow a lead once it is established.   Insufferable little troll.

What kind of person comes on BDC to argue with Pats fans constantly? 

The logical answer is non-Pats fans.  Of course, there's nothing logical about you.  Nothing!

[/QUOTE]

I believe you responded FIRST in my thread to start arguing with me, Mr. Hypocrite. Ouch.  Sort of hard to run fromt the facts, isn't it?

[/QUOTE]

R u Really this demented?  You argue with the man in the moon if it suits you.  Probably howl at night too.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here is one small piece.....Not total evidence, but I will try to find the one that talks about AFTER the 2006 season and Brady not being happy with Branch traded:

"Second, they are putting Brady in an awkward position. Last week, a supposedly emotional Brady was quoted in Sports Illustrated as saying that Branch is one of the best in the game. Brady later had to back off those comments when management (coach Bill Belichick, that is) got upset about the issue.

Thus, the Patriots are messing with their most important player, and that is unhealthy. Moreover, they are looking mighty cheap after winning three titles, which helped propel them to becoming the No. 2 team in the league last year in terms of generating revenue and profit. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Another reference to it here:

Take A Lap – 2006 Deion Branch January 11, 2010 By Chris Warner 9 Comments

by Chris Warner, Patriots Daily Staff

Okay, stay with us. In 2006, receiver Deion Branch sat out the beginning of the season in an attempt to work out a bigger, better contract. The Patriots tried to make do with Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel, adding Jabar Gaffneymidway through the season. After a superhuman effort from Tom Brady, that team fell a minute short of winning the AFC Championship.

In 2007, Coach Bill Belichick made a concerted effort to make it up to Brady, getting Randy Moss and Wes Welker. This led to the greatest offense in NFL history and one of the biggest upsets in that year’s Super Bowl when the defense failed to hold a four-point lead in the final minutes.

Since Branch’s holdout the Patriots have evolved into the type of squad that has to outscore opponents because they cannot stop them. Though the passing proficiency has proven entertaining at times, it has failed to garner overall success. When thinking of Super Bowls, these names come to mind: David Patten, David Givens, Troy Brown and Branch. Not a Hall of Famer in the Bunch, but plenty of fat rings to go around.

Sunday’s collapse vs. Baltimore was about as much fun to watch as a vasectomy, largely because New England lost sight of what made them great five years ago (for clarification, see: 2009 Ravens and Jets). Therefore, Deion Branch, for breaking your contract and eventually coaxing the Patriots into taking the wrong path, you can take the final lap of the ill-fated 2009 season.

And, hey, if you want to come back to Foxboro, that’s cool, too.

Email Chris Warner at chris.warner@patriotsdaily.com

[/QUOTE]

There is not one quote from Belichek or Brady in this. This is some sportswriter's attempt at wit after the 2009 season. Belichek has since gone 14-2, 13-3 and 8-3 since then and gone to a super bowl. That writer has serious egg on his face. He basically called the Patriots done when they were just getting their third wind and you complain about Mazz. Sheesh remind me to ignore that guy's articles in the future.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I didn't say I'd provide a BB quote.  It's going to be hard for me to find that secondary quote and it won't come from BB either. If I find the quote from post 2006/early 2007, it's going to be an beatwriter who had inside knowledge of the tone of Brady's postseason meetings with BB after the AFC title loss.

I really don't care if you believe me or not. I know what I read/heard at the time.

It may have even been Michael Holley who had mentioned it when the Moss deal was accounced and people were trying to figure out why BB would deal for a malcontent.

Sweet attempt to deflect from the point of this, though. lmao

[/QUOTE]

Your whole argument is a complete "red herring' anyways (by the way you were not even arguing with me on this). Even if Tom Brady has some input on reciever decisiones who cares. Personally, as the veteran QB I think he should have some input. You do not think he can overrule Belichek do you? You sure seem to think that sometimes, especially with all your McDaniels and O'Brien carping last year. If they run the ball a lot it is because they want to and if they pass it more it is because they want to. Bill and his staff makes those decisiones  and Brady perhaps does have some input but you have no idea what that input actually is do you? Maybe Brady actually would have preferred Ridley to be active in last years super bowl. The fact is that you just do not know. So you throw silly theories around that makes it seem like Brady is involved with some sort of Coup d'etat that Belichek is finally defeating. Brady always credits his teammates and coaches before taking credit unless you have seen an interview that I haven't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We need Brady along with help from the running game and defense to win the Super Bowl. One guy can't win on his own but without Brady the Patriots would be average. The drop off from Brady to Mallet is scarey, let's hope we don't ever have to see it other than mop up time.

[/QUOTE]

Ignoring a run game you could have used in SB 42 and SB 46 is a scary thought. If they did it again, I'd probably stop watching this team.

PROMISE???

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ignoring a run game you could have used in SB 42 and SB 46 is a scary thought. If they did it again, I'd probably stop watching this team.

PROMISE???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only if you learn to use the quote tool. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't matter to you since you won't be here.  Thank God!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I didn't say I'd provide a BB quote.  It's going to be hard for me to find that secondary quote and it won't come from BB either. If I find the quote from post 2006/early 2007, it's going to be an beatwriter who had inside knowledge of the tone of Brady's postseason meetings with BB after the AFC title loss.

I really don't care if you believe me or not. I know what I read/heard at the time.

It may have even been Michael Holley who had mentioned it when the Moss deal was accounced and people were trying to figure out why BB would deal for a malcontent.

[/QUOTE]

Your whole argument is a complete "red herring' anyways (by the way you were not even arguing with me on this). Even if Tom Brady has some input on reciever decisiones who cares. Personally, as the veteran QB I think he should have some input. You do not think he can overrule Belichek do you? You sure seem to think that sometimes, especially with all your McDaniels and O'Brien carping last year. If they run the ball a lot it is because they want to and if they pass it more it is because they want to. Bill and his staff makes those decisiones  and Brady perhaps does have some input but you have no idea what that input actually is do you? Maybe Brady actually would have preferred Ridley to be active in last years super bowl. The fact is that you just do not know. So you throw silly theories around that makes it seem like Brady is involved with some sort of Coup d'etat that Belichek is finally defeating. Brady always credits his teammates and coaches before taking credit unless you have seen an interview that I haven't.

[/QUOTE]

It's Belichick. And no, I don't think he over-rules BB.  I think BB tries to do what Brady wants as much as possible.

[/QUOTE]

So that means it's Brady and not Belichek who is making the Patriots run the ball more.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's Belichick. And no, I don't think he over-rules BB.  I think BB tries to do what Brady wants as much as possible.

[/QUOTE]

So that means it's Brady and not Belichek who is making the Patriots run the ball more.

[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Good one.  Beat at his own BS game.  Bravo.

Too bad he's too dense to know what just happened here and with what King said.