Smith. WR ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Smith. WR ?

Steve Smith - WR - Panthers

Steve Smith was vague when asked about his Panthers future on Thursday.

"I am working out and doing all the things as I am a Carolina Panther," Smith said. "That’s where I am. And I’ll continue to move forward until I am told otherwise. ... It’s a business and I understand that, and ultimately decisions aren’t up to me." Smith reportedly "cleared the air" with GM Dave Gettleman on Tuesday, but it certainly doesn't sound like he received assurance that he'll be back in 2014, let alone at his $7 million salary. Considering his veteran status, we doubt the Panthers let Smith twist in the wind much longer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Smith. WR ?

Yeah resign Talib and then bring in Smith.  Should make for some exciting practices.   LMAO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Yes, he carries a big cap hit for them, but he is also their only proven WR. If they let him go, and then Newton has to go out and throw to a bunch of JAGs with no real threats to supplement them....it will not be pretty. I would keep him if I were them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I would take him, but he would have to understand that he isn't the number 1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would take him, but he would have to understand that he isn't the number 1.

[/QUOTE]

We are the Patriots, we don't have numbered receivers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yes, yes, I can sense the karma oozing from the Pats locker room with Talib and Smith. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, yes, I can sense the karma oozing from the Pats locker room with Talib and Smith. 

[/QUOTE]

Historically, Smith has been one of the true jerks in the NFL.

That being said, people can always change, and he SEEMED (publicly at least) to be handling Newton the correct way when Newton was acting whiny and childish.

Moss got ugly at the end. Smith would have the potential to be worse than that. Quite a risk for an older WR. His influence could go either way on the stable of young WRs they have.

Sections
Shortcuts