Sniping at Talib

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Sniping at Talib

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-england-patriots/patriots-talk/Source-Pats-concerned-how-Talib-would-re?blockID=829165&feedID=3352

Bleacherreport sourced that article, and added:

" This is not new; there were reports of concerns with his work ethic from the very day the Patriots traded for him. It appears that he didn't do as much as the team liked in eliminating those concerns. If Talib is okay with coming back on a one-year deal, Giardi thinks that's something the Patriots would be comfortable with, as well. 

There are several other issues to keep in mind, though.

As I discussed here last weekTalib has a history of injuries including ailments to his hip and hamstring throughout his career. Those aren't the freak accident type injuries of, say, Aaron Hernandez's high ankle sprain and Rob Gronkowski's broken forearm. Injuries such as Talib's are more reflective of a legitimate durability issue."

The likely asking price in the multi-year contract he seeks will make it difficult to fit Welker, Vollmer and Talib  and other free agents all under the available cap space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Sniping at Talib

I'm afraid Talib and Welker aren't in the mix for next year. Or they shouldn't be. Both need to be around the 5-6 mil range to be viable and are not likely to come that cheap.

Again, the poor drafting comes back to haunt us over and over again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If Talib wants a payday let him walk.  The guy missed most of our big games this year due to injury.  I don't care how good he is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

If Talib wants a payday let him walk.  The guy missed most of our big games this year due to injury.  I don't care how good he is.

I agree.  He is good when he is on the field but when needed most he was on the bench hurt.  Not sure I like paying a guy who can't stay on the field.  Sign a team friendly contract and prove himself first.  But I doubt that will happen, the Patriots haven't done that with Welker! and I doubt Talib wants to prove himself first.  Let him walk, there are others out there.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm afraid Talib and Welker aren't in the mix for next year. Or they shouldn't be. Both need to be around the 5-6 mil range to be viable and are not likely to come that cheap.

Yeah, Dennard stinks.  Terrible pick.

That's one maybe half way decent guy out of how many picks genius?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Only the Pats know the deal....

If he came in and worked his butt off then try and work a deal for sure....

If he came in and showed he could care less and was only here for the remainder of the season then don't waste your time with him.

Shame to lose a 4th round pick but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Dennard was not a kid that came out of nowhere...which would have qualified as a great pick.

He was a projected mid rounder ( or better ) pick.

The Patriots were just a Team who said "what the heck, a 7th round pick, let's take a flyer on him.

Dennards pending assault and battery case had most Teams taking him off their board.

Sure there is a risk but it's not a classic great pick per say.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Only the Pats know the deal....

If he came in and worked his butt off then try and work a deal for sure....

If he came in and showed he could care less and was only here for the remainder of the season then don't waste your time with him.

Shame to lose a 4th round pick but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Dennard was not a kid that came out of nowhere...which would have qualified as a great pick.

He was a projected mid rounder ( or better ) pick.

The Patriots were just a Team who said "what the heck, a 7th round pick, let's take a flyer on him.

Dennards pending assault and battery case had most Teams taking him off their board.

Sure there is a risk but it's not a classic great pick per say.

Good points. I think Talib did not show a work ethic from what I recently read. He did behave though.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I agree.  He is good when he is on the field but when needed most he was on the bench hurt.  Not sure I like paying a guy who can't stay on the field.  Sign a team friendly contract and prove himself first.  But I doubt that will happen, the Patriots haven't done that with Welker! and I doubt Talib wants to prove himself first.  Let him walk, there are others out there.

He will fit right in with Glass I and the rest of the busto's!  I wouldnt touch this guy. He def. IS the presence we need but we cant afford the impeding setback of paying him and him being injured all the time. Its funny how the teams that make it all the way usually have a pair of Cbs who have stayed healthy all year....   The last thing we need is more injury prone CBs so I guess BB will have to (gulp) draft ANOTHER CB this April.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Not diminishing the move at all....just wanted to make the point that his assault and battery case against a Police Officer killed his draft position.

I like the kid and hope he puts this past him and has a good career. The Law will have a say in this during the off season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I guess its back to the revolving door at CB If we dont re-sign talib. I say give the man a long term contract but include alot of outs in the contract to keep talib motivated.  If  had oo chose between Resigning Talib,Vollmer,and welker, Id take Vollmer and Talib.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

what do think of 7th rounder Dennard

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Not diminishing the move at all....just wanted to make the point that his assault and battery case against a Police Officer killed his draft position.

I like the kid and hope he puts this past him and has a good career. The Law will have a say in this during the off season.

Brandon Joiner signed and joined the Bengals yesterday, after partially serving his 3 years jail sentence for armed robbery. But it is the Bengals, whose logos are the stripes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree and if the article is correct, then I definately don't want him. Here's a guy that is a known thug - one of the best - and you're going to add to your resume that you don't like to work hard or go the extra mile? See yah. And that's leaving out the timely injuries that absolutely killed us - and it's only a matter of time before the thug life guy starts to show his true colors again.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I can counter this with articles I've read where Talib has turned over a new leaf in his life.  However, this takes care of his personal issues.  For someone to have so much trouble with hamstrings it doesn't sound like he stretches like he should.  Some have operations for the problem but it doesn't look like  that is what's going on here.  Lack of attention to detail.  Ras-I is probably in the same boat.  Only the Pats know for sure.  It's all guess work here.  It sure ain't promising though.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If I could pick between Talib, Vollmer and Welker...

I'd pick the former two, not the latter...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Welker = 0-2 in the SB and 0 catches when he's needed most. Get a deep threat in here, 12-15 for a 5'8 4.64 slot WR? Only you would do that. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not gonna get caught up in the speculation one way or the other about Talib's behind the scenes behaviour, but I will say that if we don't sign Talib, we need to find an alternative who can play at a high level or we're in big trouble at corner.  Right now, I think only Dennard and Dowling are signed (I'm counting McCourty as a safety). 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ive been offering 6 mil to each last several months (in my mind and on the board).

but if they dont take it, i tag talib.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Not gonna get caught up in the speculation one way or the other about Talib's behind the scenes behaviour, but I will say that if we don't sign Talib, we need to find an alternative who can play at a high level or we're in big trouble at corner.  Right now, I think only Dennard and Dowling are signed (I'm counting McCourty as a safety). 

i want dennard as teh 3rd/ 4th cb with dowling. talib as #1, draft #2 big tough cb ie xavier rhodes i like a lot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

If I could pick between Talib, Vollmer and Welker...

I'd pick the former two, not the latter...

clear thinking man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

He will fit right in with Glass I and the rest of the busto's!  I wouldnt touch this guy. He def. IS the presence we need but we cant afford the impeding setback of paying him and him being injured all the time. Its funny how the teams that make it all the way usually have a pair of Cbs who have stayed healthy all year....   The last thing we need is more injury prone CBs so I guess BB will have to (gulp) draft ANOTHER CB this April.....

if he does, better be at the top of the draft (ie xavier sodes), but for the dennard and his "assualt on a cop" we'd have no good drafted healthy cbs. i delive dowling is good, but he cannot play 3 games in a row so far. bb cant pick wrs or dbs well it seems and hes a one man operation on draft day

Sections
Shortcuts