SNOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: SNOW

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting thread!  I've never been to Maine, but I have heard that it is an amazing state.  Granted I live here, but I think that the state of Washington is as scenic and beautiful as anywhere in the country.  Love it here and wouldn't trade it.  I have a place on Lake Coeur d' Alene in North Idaho and that is an amazing area as well.

[/QUOTE]

You would like Maine. if your been over to Clallam Bay, it reminds me of that. I use to have a small camp in concrete on the skagit years ago but sold it. I now prefer eastern Washington, north of Spokane. Haven't been to Idaho but spent quite a bit if time up in Missoula. Nice country. 

Another favorite place is North Carolina. Love Asheville but really prefer the area down aronund  Marble near the namtahala national forest. Beautiful country. 

I travel a lot south, as in outside the US. If anyone is looking for an affordable, beatiful place to retire, I would consider Chile and Latin parts of the Caribbean like the north coast of the DR.

no snow here in houston. Folks panicked last week when it rained and was hitting 30 degrees. 

[/QUOTE]

Cool.  Yeah, I have some family up in Anacortes, so I get up to the Skagit Valley occasionally.  Great area.  I spent a lot of time North of Spokane, too.  I ski at 49 Degrees North out of Chewelah occasionally, and Deer hunt around Chewelah/Collville area every fall too.  Nice to hear that you've seen those parts of the state.  NC is another place that I have heard great things about.

[/QUOTE]

I got to get back up north of Spokane soon. i have a good friend that owns a farm just south of Spokane. He has been trying to get me to hang up my laptop and join him farming. 

[/QUOTE]

Awesome.  I farm for a living, but more toward Central Washington.  We are fully irrigated.  Your friend must grow dry-land wheat in that area, correct?  He probably knows my Uncle, who has a dry-land farm near Colfax, about an hour south of Spokane.  The Palouse is an amazing dry-land area.  I love it there, dating back to my college days at Washington State and even before as I attended many Cougs games growing up.  Man, if your friend is really serious about bringing you in as a partner, you should break your laptop and come running!  Farming is the life, and the income is great as long as you have enough acerage to make it work.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Interesting thread!  I've never been to Maine, but I have heard that it is an amazing state.  Granted I live here, but I think that the state of Washington is as scenic and beautiful as anywhere in the country.  Love it here and wouldn't trade it.  I have a place on Lake Coeur d' Alene in North Idaho and that is an amazing area as well.

[/QUOTE]

You would like Maine. if your been over to Clallam Bay, it reminds me of that. I use to have a small camp in concrete on the skagit years ago but sold it. I now prefer eastern Washington, north of Spokane. Haven't been to Idaho but spent quite a bit if time up in Missoula. Nice country. 

Another favorite place is North Carolina. Love Asheville but really prefer the area down aronund  Marble near the namtahala national forest. Beautiful country. 

I travel a lot south, as in outside the US. If anyone is looking for an affordable, beatiful place to retire, I would consider Chile and Latin parts of the Caribbean like the north coast of the DR.

no snow here in houston. Folks panicked last week when it rained and was hitting 30 degrees. 

[/QUOTE]

Cool.  Yeah, I have some family up in Anacortes, so I get up to the Skagit Valley occasionally.  Great area.  I spent a lot of time North of Spokane, too.  I ski at 49 Degrees North out of Chewelah occasionally, and Deer hunt around Chewelah/Collville area every fall too.  Nice to hear that you've seen those parts of the state.  NC is another place that I have heard great things about.

[/QUOTE]

I got to get back up north of Spokane soon. i have a good friend that owns a farm just south of Spokane. He has been trying to get me to hang up my laptop and join him farming. 

[/QUOTE]

Awesome.  I farm for a living, but more toward Central Washington.  We are fully irrigated.  Your friend must grow dry-land wheat in that area, correct?  He probably knows my Uncle, who has a dry-land farm near Colfax, about an hour south of Spokane.  The Palouse is an amazing dry-land area.  I love it there, dating back to my college days at Washington State and even before as I attended many Cougs games growing up.  Man, if your friend is really serious about bringing you in as a partner, you should break your laptop and come running!  Farming is the life, and the income is great as long as you have enough acerage to make it work.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, farming is the life. I have a small one now, but just enough for personal use and family. My friend lives out by Garfield. He has about 100 acres or so and does pretty well. I would like to trade the laptop in for a tractor. Lets see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lol Russ. my wife and I went to Crap Lobster about a year ago. Don't ask me why, but I thought we would give it another chance. I nearly puked. i told the manager that Grotons frozen out of the box is better. He promptly refunded my money and gave me $40 in free coupons. Told him to keep the coupons as I wasn't coming back. I was thinking of taking them and giving them to a homeless person, but I wouldn't want to do that to a homeless person. They have enough to worry about.

[/QUOTE]

I went there 15 years ago because everyone wanted to go there. I have no idea how they get away with charging 17-$20 for that crap where it's buried in seasoning and butter. Just unreal people will pay for that.

I always chuckle when I drive by their lots all full with morons thinking it''s good. It's unreal.

I am lucky to have a pretty good place 3 minutes out my door here that is seriously legit for around here.  Really. It's quite good. $20 for fried scallops, and overpriced, but he gets his stuff from the coast every couple days. It's more coastal Carolina stuff, but the scallops are legit. It's quite good but they don't have haddock or clams.  They try to get by with oysters which are good, but they don't have that sweetness that a clam does.  

http://www.fishmongers.net/

Anyway, at least we agree on something. haha

[/QUOTE]

Can't get fried scallops here...that is my favorite. It's fried catfish, oysters and shrimp Only. Not terrible, but not nearly as good as in the NE. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's not any of that Monsanto crap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I have spent time in Key West, Naples and Fort Myers.   Key West is great. Naples is creepy and Fort Myers, meh.

I like the beaches on the west coast. Other times in Tampa which sucks, Sarasota I liked.

Miami, I was there for a conference and liked it, but I would never live there. This is what you aren't getting as you live with your parents down there.

The east coast sucks, Orlando is only for Disney, Jax sucks and the rest of the state blows.

No go away, Handy.   Go lube up somewhere. lol

[/QUOTE]

Of course you love Key West.  LOL Oh my word that's awesome.

So, you know all about the entire State of Florida, but haven't really spent much time in the best part of it.  Have you been to Hollywood?  Boca Raton?  Delray Beach?  Sunrise?  Parkland?  Fort Freakin' Lauderdale?

Like in a conversation about U2 or hockey, you have no hope in this conversation.

So sad.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Fort Myers, besides beach and partying nothing to do

Miami is fun to vaca at and just nice beaches

Naples makes me wanna kill myself with all the old people

Key West is a fun time & nice

orlando, hate it. too many tourists

tampa, ok

im getting back to NE asap when done with school

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no interest in Fort Lauderdale or those horrenodus strip mall areas. No interest. What a toolish loser. You should have moved into your parents basement 20 years ago, Handy.

Funny.  You just moved down there this past summer and are a tourist host for so many communities in Florida. LOL!

[/QUOTE]

My god, what a miserable man you are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Winter has some advantages. No bugs. No motorcycles. No sweltering heat.

[/QUOTE]

Good call on the bugs and heat but what do you have against motorcycles?

[/QUOTE]

Dangerous, loud and annoying. I would ban them from the roads.

[/QUOTE]

Especially the Harley owners with the EXTRA loud mufflers who like to ride around and shock pedestrians--my theory is they are trying to compensate for small penises!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can think of a lot of Coaches that have not been to 5 Superbowls and won 3? Spoiled much?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I have no interest in Fort Lauderdale or those horrenodus strip mall areas. No interest. What a toolish loser. You should have moved into your parents basement 20 years ago, Handy.

Funny.  You just moved down there this past summer and are a tourist host for so many communities in Florida. LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Florida is barely above sea level.  There are no basements here, you dope.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hotel in North Carolina:

Hotel in Broward County:

Yeah, those strip malls are a valid reason for disliking Florida.

If you knew what you were talking about, you'd mention the crime rate or the weather in August.  Sadly, like everything else you discuss, you have heard bits and pieces of other people's thoughts on the subject and are offering it as your own.

And failing.

Again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Back to the original topic if I may. 

I've lived all over the U.S. and in Europe for a couple of years.  I am a New Englander and used to snow but this winter is really becoming a pain in the a_ss.  Drove back from a meeting in Portsmouth NH to CT yesterday afternoon and the last 25 miles were the purist form of sh1tty driving.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I haven't seen above freezing temps in weeks. I like the looks of this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I live in the Boston burbs.  This has been a rough winter, but I saw a very special wintry thing yesterday: a bobcat in the snowfield behind my house.  I loved that.  I also lived in Miami for a year 30 years ago and absolutely hated it.  A social and cultural wasteland.  I went back for a conference 3-4 years ago and it was even worse.  South Florida really bites the bag in my book.  The only thing going for it is the weather.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Don't tease us like that, Digger.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't blame anybody who wanted to leave Florida.  I'm tired of catching Snook, Redfish, Trout and Cobia.  Never mind all those Kingfish.

If I were you I would never back my boat down the ramp again.  Did I mention Kingfish?

Sure there are plenty of Spring Traning parks all over the place but they are too crowded.  More people are leaving.

I'm tired of Sailfish, Wahoo and big slammer Dorado as well.  Did I mention Kingfish?

There are too many golf courses and you can't always get a tee time.  People are just over it.  

Island hopping from Sanibel to Boca Grande and pulling a boat up to a couple of miles of empty beach on North Captiva is not for everyone.

Speaking of Boca Grande; that pass is just too full of 150 pound Tarpon.  I wouldn't fish there if I were you.  Just stay out of Charolotte Harbor altogether.  Did I mention the Kingfish?

Florida could use decent college football program too.  Not much in the way of sports in Florida.

Tired of Grouper, Snapper, Tuna and Amberjack.  And the scuba diving is overrated too.  The underwater national park is too crowded. Nobody goes there any more.  

Sailing? Sure, but with no offseason when do I put a new coat of bottom paint on the boat?

Sure all those tourist places give every thing away when the tourist leave but how often can you go out?

If you are a visitor, stay around the theme parks in the middle of the state.  They ah...get a nice sea breeze.

What ever you do, don't go kingfishing.

[/QUOTE]

Great post! The fresh fish in FL is amazing. Anyone who's ever grilled up a 10 oz genuine florida red snapper with  olive oil, lemon, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper knows what you mean!

"They ah...get a nice sea breeze" !!! That's hilarious man! How much does Disney in July suck?!?!? Waiting in lines of 100 plus people in 95 degree stifling air.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who grew up in NE and pretends the fish in and around the Gulf comes close to the fish in the Northeast, may have forgotten what good fish tastes like.

The lobster and shrimp are small and lack that sweetness. Even the swordfish is weak.  Bland.

That's why most southern style fish is fried.  The water is too warm. You get much better and older fish in the colder, deeper waters.

[/QUOTE]

I get my lobsters, scallops, and mussels from up north shipped down to south FL so yes crustaceans are better up north, particularly PEI missels, 1 and a quarter ound maine lobsters(cannot beat them digger) and Bristol dry sea scallops U 10's, and

if you are looking for a nice northern pike, or walleye sure fish away.

But there is no comparison to the fish I get down in Florida. Snook melts in your mouth, pan seared yellow tail snapper, or wood grilled red tail snapper. Black Grouper off the keys or anywhere in south florida. Yes you can find these fishys up in N.E but the availability, and season to fish is condensed where as Florida is a breeding ground for amazing fish.

This is why you see a lot of baked scrod, haddock, cod, up north, lot of frozen fish is served where in many of the thousands of restaurants in south florida you will find a broad range of fresh fish with innovative receipes that people who never lived down there will never know about.

kind of a silly argument, as anytime you are eating shrimp, scallops, mussels, steamers, fish, or whatever you are usually enjoying yourself, but I cant watch another rusty statement made out of ignorance go unchecked. Next you'll tell me Tom Brady is a stat driven ego maniac who only cares about fantasy football or something equally as dumb.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have spent time in Key West, Naples and Fort Myers.   Key West is great. Naples is creepy and Fort Myers, meh.

I like the beaches on the west coast. Other times in Tampa which sucks, Sarasota I liked.

Miami, I was there for a conference and liked it, but I would never live there. This is what you aren't getting as you live with your parents down there.

The east coast sucks, Orlando is only for Disney, Jax sucks and the rest of the state blows.

[/QUOTE]

So, you know all about the entire State of Florida, but haven't really spent much time in the best part of it.  Have you been to Hollywood?  Boca Raton?  Delray Beach?  Sunrise?  Parkland?  Fort Freakin' Lauderdale?

Like in a conversation about U2 or hockey, you have no hope in this conversation.

So sad.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, when people list fort myers as one of the places they have been i know they havent experienced south FL. I assume they are going to Sox spring training or something. Myers is practically a dry town.

Go to West palm beach, Laudy Daudy, Palm Beach Island, Vero Beach, Sebastian, Key Biscayne, Sannibel island. Im sorry but anybody who has been to South Beach from 1st street to 8th thats Nickys beach to News Cafe and has seen the....um....sites to see knows that it is the greatest beach in United States. unless you don't like open container laws, a 5 am last call and bars reopening at 8 am, the most beautiful topless women from around the world, and crystal blue 78 degree water with 500 foot wide sandy beaches....if that's not your thing then don't hit Miami beach....go to ft myers or something. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So sad.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, when people list fort myers as one of the places they have been i know they havent experienced south FL. I assume they are going to Sox spring training or something. Myers is practically a dry town.

Go to West palm beach, Laudy Daudy, Palm Beach Island, Vero Beach, Sebastian, Key Biscayne, Sannibel island. Im sorry but anybody who has been to South Beach from 1st street to 8th thats Nickys beach to News Cafe and has seen the....um....sites to see knows that it is the greatest beach in United States. unless you don't like open container laws, a 5 am last call and bars reopening at 8 am, the most beautiful topless women from around the world, and crystal blue 78 degree water with 500 foot wide sandy beaches....if that's not your thing then don't hit Miami beach....go to ft myers or something. 

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you say you were married and older? Why would a married older man care about what you just typed?

Did you just say it's best beach in the United States? bawhah

What's next Honolulu is better than the remote areas of Hawaii?

Hmmmm...This...

Or this...

[/QUOTE]

At the risk of getting dumber each minute I engage with you.....Florida has the best of both of those worlds. I lived in Miami in my early twentys for 6 years. I would try to explain the amount enjoyment I had during that time, but I'm sure you are already an expert in that area so what's the point?

Go to Palm Beach or Vero beach, Jensen, Sebastian, Hutchinson Island etc...if you want nice quiet beach. If you want to party with friends or have one hell of a time, go to South Beach.

Believe it or not married people hang out too. One day when you're older you will meet someone who loves you...maybe, and when that happens you will learn more on the subject, until then "grow up peter pan, count chocula". 10 bucks if you can tell me what that quote is from without looking it up..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

You just moved there this past summer you said. I've probably spent more time in more areas of Florida than you have, stupid.

And that Golden Girls looking hotel looks like every other cheesy NY/NJ transplant infested hell hole in Florida.

It's all the same in Florida. All the same. I could post something from Myrtle Beach that looks just like that and it's still overrated and cheesy, but you enjoy.

[/QUOTE]

I moved down here permanently last summer.  I've been traveling here for years for work and pleasure.  The best part of Florida, in my opinion is Broward and South Palm Beach County.

AKA:  Two places you probably haven't been. 

Once again, you're way out of your league here.

Sections
Shortcuts