So about that deep ball ....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

So about that deep ball ....

Looked pretty damn good tonight.  Anyone still doubt Tom Brady's abilities?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: So about that deep ball ....

Anyone that did doesn't understand football. Connecting 1 out of 4 over 30 yards is really really good. 

It takes a few to connect ... when it happens you score. 

It's a shock tactic ... it's a part of football that needs to be there sometimes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Not too shabby

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Mighty, why aren't you thanking me for inspiring Brady to that performance? LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Problem is: s p o i l e d.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I didn't realize the Stallworth catch was a spectacular one handed job. I'll take one of them a week.  Thank you very much.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

I don't know about this one guys, Brady still missed some throws deep down the field he should be capable of connecting. The deep one to lloyd was a gimme, and the one to stallworth was a good pass but was still not leading him very well and gave the defense a good chance to make a play on the ball, which never happend.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Brady hasn't had a lot of receivers who are good deep guys recently.  It was nice to see Stallworth taking the top off the defense.  Who else on the team can do that? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

here are the stats from last season.  Brady is not a deep ball guy, but that doesn't mean he isn't the best QB of his generation.  Throwing deep effectively is not what makes a great QB. 

Completion % of passes over 30 yards 2011:

Brady: 1-15 (6.7%), 46 yds, 3.1 ypa, 0 td, 0 int

Brees: 10-21 (47.6%), 442 yds, 21.0 ypa, 6 td, 1 int

Rodgers: 11-20 (55.0%), 526 yds, 26.3 ypa, 6 td, 0 int

E.Manning: 11-35 (31.4%), 624 yds, 17.8 ypa, 3 td, 1 int

Stafford: 11-34 (32.4%), 502 yds, 14.8 ypa, 4 td, 0 int

Rivers: 9-31 (29.0%), 370 yds, 11.9 ypa, 6 td, 4 int

Sanchez: 2-11 (18.2%), 79 yds, 7.2 ypa, 0 td, 0 int

Tebow: 4-26 (15.4%), 181 yds, 7.0 ypa, 1 td, 0 int

[/QUOTE]

Brady, after tonight, is 5-12 for 2 TDS and zero picks on this season, over 30. 

He didn't have Lloyd (or Stallworth, haha) last season. 

He won't compete with guys like Brees or Rogers because he doesn't have WRs to go get it. Go run his splits from the time when Moss was here ... he trounced those numbers that you see above. The guy was sick. 

Good perimeter WRs make for good deep stats ... they are the players that can get deep. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This was just posted on Reiss' blog.  I don't know if these stats are career or season.

Brady effective with deep passes: Brady was 2 for 3 for 100 yards and two touchdowns on passes traveling more than 30 yards downfield. It was the first time in the QBR era (since 2008) that he had two touchdowns in a game on such throws. Entering the game, Brady had completed 25.0 percent of his passes longer than 30 yards, tied for 20th-best among qualified quarterbacks. 

Maybe we can keep defenses honest in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I am still wondering how Stallworth, who looked really slow, got past the S.

Anyway, what I liked about TB's throws today was that he threw it away from coverage. That was not the case in some of his recent games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I really don't give a rat's a $$ whether Brady throws the best deep ball in the league or the worst.  In my book, he's the best QB of his generation and among the best of all time.  This debate is pointless.  When the defense gives him an opportunity to go over the top and he's got someone open he throws deep; if it's not there he doesn't.  

Last night TB took apart one of the best defenses in the league.  Does it really matter how he did it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

End of the day Tom Brady who's among the best that's ever played the position (only the un-informed would argue otherwise). Will when he hangs up his spikes, be a certain 1st ballot HOFer. He is not however impervious to criticism and does have a tendency to over throw the deep ball...Part of that can be explained as his intent is to put the ball where only his reciever can catch it (to avoid the turnovers). I get that...Fact of the matter is that it could well be that he's simply not perfect and when the "go" route is called, he gets a little ampted up and puts a little extra on the throw (something we've seen frequently thoughout his career). In last night's game he missed about 3 or 4 open recievers with poorly thrown balls that sailed over the recievers heads but to his credit when he does miss it's usally in an area where the defender can't catch it either...if not for the spectacular catch and in route adjustment made by Stalworth he likely doesn't complete that one either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

here are the stats from last season.  Brady is not a deep ball guy, but that doesn't mean he isn't the best QB of his generation.  Throwing deep effectively is not what makes a great QB. 

Completion % of passes over 30 yards 2011:

Brady: 1-15 (6.7%), 46 yds, 3.1 ypa, 0 td, 0 int

Brees: 10-21 (47.6%), 442 yds, 21.0 ypa, 6 td, 1 int

Rodgers: 11-20 (55.0%), 526 yds, 26.3 ypa, 6 td, 0 int

E.Manning: 11-35 (31.4%), 624 yds, 17.8 ypa, 3 td, 1 int

Stafford: 11-34 (32.4%), 502 yds, 14.8 ypa, 4 td, 0 int

Rivers: 9-31 (29.0%), 370 yds, 11.9 ypa, 6 td, 4 int

Sanchez: 2-11 (18.2%), 79 yds, 7.2 ypa, 0 td, 0 int

Tebow: 4-26 (15.4%), 181 yds, 7.0 ypa, 1 td, 0 int

[/QUOTE]

agreed. No way. especially since sanchez and tebow is ahead....lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

How about this one gang. TB has thrown 29 td passes and just 4 int's this year!!! Better than a 7-to-1 ratio! That's absolutely unheard of! If you are looking for a shocking stat, here it is. This is one stat that really does matter!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really don't give a rat's a $$ whether Brady throws the best deep ball in the league or the worst.  In my book, he's the best QB of his generation and among the best of all time.  This debate is pointless.  When the defense gives him an opportunity to go over the top and he's got someone open he throws deep; if it's not there he doesn't.  

Last night TB took apart one of the best defenses in the league.  Does it really matter how he did it?

[/QUOTE]

Amen brother. Brady is simply the best. Don't care about the rest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about this one gang. TB has thrown 29 td passes and just 4 int's this year!!! Better than a 7-to-1 ratio! That's absolutely unheard of! If you are looking for a shocking stat, here it is. This is one stat that really does matter!

[/QUOTE]

TB is a wicked smattt QB!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What's the big deal? Brady hasn't thrown a great deep ball since he came back from his injury in 2008. I think he tries not to unwind because he got hurt going deep in 2008 and his body might be weakening his planting leg out of precautions. 

He's still the best QB in the league, he reads defenses better than almost anyone (Peyton might be ahead of him there), he's the most accurate short and medium range thrower int football, he's the best play action selling QB in football, but he's not very good going deep. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to LittleTimmy31's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. There is also the odd stat of having more 4 TD 0 INT games than anyone in history. The interception thing is one of the aspects of his game that is underrated when compared to the best of all time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What's the big deal? Brady hasn't thrown a great deep ball since he came back from his injury in 2008. I think he tries not to unwind because he got hurt going deep in 2008 and his body might be weakening his planting leg out of precautions. 

He's still the best QB in the league, he reads defenses better than almost anyone (Peyton might be ahead of him there), he's the most accurate short and medium range thrower int football, he's the best play action selling QB in football, but he's not very good going deep. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everything you said but I would add to that he is THE best at protecting the ball and not throwing picks. Not mentioning that illustrates how it is understated as a key part of his game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

LMAO @ Brady haters denying his deep ball abilities.  Maybe your Tebow will throw a nice deep ball this week!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.