So DONE with Andre Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

So DONE with Andre Carter

I thought this guy was the man in the preseason.  I thought he had what it took to  become the elite pass rusher for the Pats. Clearly he's going to pull the same stunt every single snap. Rush the blocker into the QB.  Sorry Andre, once you got there the QB has already thrown the ball because the DB is a CIV!!!!!  They need to start putting stunts/blitzes in their defensive gameplan.  The RAIDERS are doing whatever they want to us.  THE F"ING RAIDERS!!!!!!  Trade a first rounder for a legitimate pass rusher or get someone to do the job!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: So DONE with Andre Carter

I'd like to see what he looks like when the rest of the "D" line is healthy. He is double teamed out there a lot. 

But the other guys like Cunningham and Ellis aren't really beating their men.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Stop DM with a two yard loss... just as I read your thread.. he heard you!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Please, please, please. . .  don't get rid of guys we need!  This team is already way too thin on quality!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

I've been watching Carter specifically all game.  And for the past 4 games. All he does is try to push through the lineman!  He's not big enough to do that.  He's quicker than 90% of those guys and needs to make some moves to get to the QB.  And BTW... Shaun Ellis is not who we thought he was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm surprised at how he has played, I expect more out of him. Maybe there was a reason why he was there for the taking for the entire league during free agency and no one took him but us. Still think he'll help.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

I want pressure to the QB!!!! That's it! I don't care how it comes!  The DB's are hurting not only figuratively  but mentally.  They're the worst Defense in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!  We need to blitz more, and cover tighter.  Andre Carter showed his power/strength in the preseason but has been just pushing the defensive lineman. that's it!!!!!! just push, not get "around".   So frustrating!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

You cant judge the defense with this many injuries.. One thing is clear though, even when healthy, i dont like sergio brown at FS.. We need an improvement there..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I thught he'd played well too..

I'ts our secondary that concerns me.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to So DONE with Andre Carter:
    I thought this guy was the man in the preseason.  I thought he had what it took to  become the elite pass rusher for the Pats. Clearly he's going to pull the same stunt every single snap. Rush the blocker into the QB.  Sorry Andre, once you got there the QB has already thrown the ball because the DB is a CIV!!!!!  They need to start putting stunts/blitzes in their defensive gameplan.  The RAIDERS are doing whatever they want to us.  THE F"ING RAIDERS!!!!!!  Trade a first rounder for a legitimate pass rusher or get someone to do the job!
    Posted by Caliberink

I think you are picking on the wrong guy.  Carter looks solid, as does Wilfork. Ellis whiffed a couple of big tackles today. Not getting much pressure, also not sure why, but Carter doesn't seem to be the issue to me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: So DONE with Andre Carter:
    In Response to So DONE with Andre Carter : I think you are picking on the wrong guy.  Carter looks solid, as does Wilfork. Ellis whiffed a couple of big tackles today. Not getting much pressure, also not sure why, but Carter doesn't seem to be the issue to me.
    Posted by Davedsone

This guys got it, Ellis has been invisible until today.  Carter is getting chipped and mauled on just about every snap, he's the only guy other teams give any attention to in the passing game.  I'm OK with his play

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Part of what was supposed to make Carter effective here is unfortunately missing (Haynesworth, Wright, Pryor) and the problem is that 2/3rds of that won't be back. Add in the fact that Haynesworth has a mysterious back injury and there was no young stud drafted for the defense, or any the past several years and this guy is going to be left fending for himself. That's hard to do at his age.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caliberink. Show Caliberink's posts

Part of what was supposed to make Carter effective here is unfortunately missing (Haynesworth, Wright, Pryor) and the problem is that 2/3rds of that won't be back. Add in the fact that Haynesworth has a mysterious back injury and there was no young stud drafted for the defense, or any the past several years and this guy is going to be left fending for himself. That's hard to do at his age.
    Posted by mthurl

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Conor Barwin sure looks good for the Texans. He would have improved the pass rush here.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

HOw about we try something other than str8 bull rushes upfield............Stunts or delayed blitzes anyone???
    Posted by leatherhelmet

That's tough to do against a team like Oakland, unless it's an obvious passing down you don't want to get caught running a twist or stunt with McFadden getting the handoff.  Such a beast running game makes your passrush options limited, to a certain extent you have to "stay home" so to speak.  The overall rush has been weak though, no doubt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Any of you notice how badly he and other pats d linemen were held out there? It was terrible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Any of you notice how badly he and other pats d linemen were held out there? It was terrible.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

yeah, it was pretty bad a few times one where the guy, i forget who, ended up with an arm around his throat being pulled backwards away from the quarterback..........then wrestled to the ground by the same arm around the throat, and... .. no call.  Must be scared of Raider fans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think Carter did okay as well. He played the run fairly well, and got some pressure. He won't be a factor until our DL gets healthy. Honestly, he's the last guy to worry about. Anderson is basically a non factor, Ellils not looking sharp, Al hurt, etc....our deep DL just became thin again, and I haven't even mentioned our LB corp with Mayo out.

I hope BB is watching the Jests/Ravens game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree with most, I thought Carter did okay. Sure could do better but really, I'm not complaining. Many other worries out there on D to get fixed first.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

We have two 4-3 DT on the PUP who can hopefully contribute after week 6 (Brace and Deaderick). Brace played next to BJ Raji in the 4-3 at BC. He thrives when lined up next to an elite tackle (Big Vince Wilfork). Once we have some tackles everything will improve on defense.

Sections
Shortcuts