So Far, So Good For Cassel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

So Far, So Good For Cassel

Though you might expect glowing reports on the progress of a new QB by a team, its' been reported by ESPN's not always accurate John Clayton that Matt Cassel is impressing in KC.

I wish the kid nothing but the best. Good luck, Matt!
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4385892

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: So Far, So Good For Cassel

I'd love to see this kid put up 30+ on the Chargers both games this season!!! We wouldn't see JBolt here for a week!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: So Far, So Good For Cassel:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to see this kid put up 30+ on the Chargers both games this season!!! We wouldn't see JBolt here for a week!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Can't say enough good things about Cassel. Loved watching how he improved from being a preseason disaster, to playing at or near pro bowl level by the season's end. Even though the Pats failed to make the playoffs, I enjoyed last season nearly as much as the SB years. The kid was inspirational. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I would love to see Cassel succeed for no better reason than to have a long, satifsfying chuckle at local Viking's fan who believes he is going to the Super Bowl with Sage Rosenfels.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Yea and now with Jackson hurt they're kicking the tires on..."cough,spit,sputter" Brat Favre and "gag,barf,choke" Vick. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Having defended Cassel early last year, I'll tell Chiefs stalkers that yes, he's the real deal.  He's worth what Scott Pioli paid him.  The 49 point game, the 48 point game and the 47 point game, all near the end of the season, are a hint.  No, the rest of the Chiefs team isn't much to talk about, so good luck with all that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

To be fair, the only specific praise in the article for Cassel's performance in training camp is (1) Haley saying he can make all the throws (I would say that's a bare minimum for any quarterback) and (2) his teammates saying he explains the situation well in the huddle.  Wouldn't get too excited about Cassel killing our mortal enemies in San Diego and Denver just yet. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

cassel's in for a rough go.  weak o-line, only on threat at receiver, and a defense adjusting to a 3-4 with aging and/or inexperienced defensers.  4-12.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I hope Cassel does really well this year.  He saved our season last year.  We didn't make the playoffs, but 11-5 is still respectable and would have made the playoffs any other year.  I thought we were in for a really looooooong season last year when TB went down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rimfire. Show Rimfire's posts

In Response to Re: So Far, So Good For Cassel:
    [QUOTE]I hope Cassel does really well this year.  He saved our season last year.  We didn't make the playoffs, but 11-5 is still respectable and would have made the playoffs any other year.  I thought we were in for a really looooooong season last year when TB went down.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way, and as others commented, I also thought Cassel was a total waste based on how he looked in last year's preseason games.  But I also think he showed real improvement and the capability of being a solid NFL QB as the season progressed.  How he does in KC will show a lot, but reading "between the lines" it sounds as if he has some of TB's leadership qualities--which bodes well for KC.  With Pioli at the helm as the GM and Haley--who appears to have what it takes to be a successful Pro coach--I think KC will turn around.  It probably won't be the kind of dramatic turn around Miami enjoyed last year, but if they can win enough games to approach .500 ball and be reasonably competitive in the other games, I think the Kansas City fams will be happy with what they got.

Sections
Shortcuts