So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

Personally, I would have liked Marshall on the Patriots, but it is what it is.

we still have the draft....

mebbe Olsen is still available?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good move for the Phins but it wouldn't have been a good move for the Pats.

The Phins aren't built long term so signing Marshall helps them now. A couple things to look at though is his locker room chemistry, off-field issues, and contract. He's already said he expects to be the highest paid WR in the league. If and when a new CBA is agreed upon that's going to hurt the cap for some time to come. He's had enough off-field issues he's getting into a Holmes situation where he's going to get suspended, it's only a matter of time. One reason McDaniels wanted him off the team was the headbutting and cancerous attitude Marshall had in the locker room. If he had that much problem with McDaniels imagine what issues he'd have with BB.

If he was only another Moss type (for the locker room and off-field stuff) then it would be forgivable and he'd be on the Pats, imo, but he has a ton more issues. I actually feel he is going to be bigger trouble then Holmes. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?:
    Good move for the Phins but it wouldn't have been a good move for the Pats. The Phins aren't built long term so signing Marshall helps them now. A couple things to look at though is his locker room chemistry, off-field issues, and contract. He's already said he expects to be the highest paid WR in the league. If and when a new CBA is agreed upon that's going to hurt the cap for some time to come. He's had enough off-field issues he's getting into a Holmes situation where he's going to get suspended, it's only a matter of time. One reason McDaniels wanted him off the team was the headbutting and cancerous attitude Marshall had in the locker room. If he had that much problem with McDaniels imagine what issues he'd have with BB. If he was only another Moss type (for the locker room and off-field stuff) then it would be forgivable and he'd be on the Pats, imo, but he has a ton more issues. I actually feel he is going to be bigger trouble then Holmes. 
    Posted by PatsEng

Cmon!, Why is every move "not a good move for the Pats"? Let me ask, what move is a "good move for the Pats??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Cmon!, Why is every move "not a good move for the Pats"? Let me ask, what move is a "good move for the Pats??
    Posted by smorgan86

Not drafting a tackle in the first two rounds every year. LOL. They have other areas of need to address..OLB, WR, DE, even RB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Marshall's move to Miami was a bad move for the pats.  Regardless of his antics, like Owens, he does his job on the field and he does it very very well, and now the Pats have to play him twice and Chad Henne just became an even better up and coming QB than everyone already thought he was. 

Combine that with Fins very very nice run game and they have a team that can play ball control AND explode.  As for their D, still suspect, but the team itself is better overall.

Over one week, the pats just removed 2 easy games from their schedule and replaced them with difficult ones - those being the home games they play v the Jets and Fins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Marshall's move to Miami was a bad move for the pats.  Regardless of his antics, like Owens, he does his job on the field and he does it very very well, and now the Pats have to play him twice and Chad Henne just became an even better up and coming QB than everyone already thought he was.  Combine that with Fins very very nice run game and they have a team that can play ball control AND explode.  As for their D, still suspect, but the team itself is better overall. Over one week, the pats just removed 2 easy games from their schedule and replaced them with difficult ones - those being the home games they play v the Jets and Fins.
    Posted by underdoggg

I wouldn't say that ANY game against the Jets or the Dolphins will be easy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Why is it everyone thinks that draft picks will solve Pats problems? The majority of draft picks are busts. Just to draft young and unexperienced players doesn´t solve anything....and we need help now, not in 3 years from now. From last year draft noone has been key contributors this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Plus - Belichick is not a rookie lover.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I know everyone wants instant gratification (society as a whole) but the prudent thing for the long term is to use the draft and secondary market of free agency to fix what needs fixing.

Of all the moves NY and Miami has made Marshall is the one that could be the toughest to handle but their QB situation is what will keep this from being a big deal unless Parcells gets a chance at Claussen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Nice feather for BP and the phins.. that guy is a beast. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Cmon!, Why is every move "not a good move for the Pats"? Let me ask, what move is a "good move for the Pats??"

Maybe Kraft & Belichick have decided to do the EXACT same thing with The Patriots Team, as what they'd like to happen with The Patriots Fan Base:  They recognized that they need to rebuild a strong core and foundation first & foremost... Rather than trading away their future for tagalong, whiney, underappreciating people who's hearts aren't really in it, Kraft & Belichick have recognized that there needs to be a dedicated, hard-following "true" team atmosphere, instead of piecemealing some uncaring group of people together, who sell out patience and doing things correctly this time, for the immediate halfway-done satisfaction of appearances that look seems good for all of a second, but sells everyone involved short every second afterwards and forever...  What I mean to say nicely, Is ShutTFU and wait until Draft, or else hop on another team that looks to do better this 1 season... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Laz - you may be right.  The pats offseason moves have not been real effective of late.  Their d does not resemble the team that won all those SB's.  The o-line is getting older.  The org may have seen the writing on the wall and decided they need to regrow from scratch (read: the draft).  If so, the only to this is that Brady is not getting younger and I am not a big believer in the "any QB can get his team to the Superbowl" concept.  That is a rare happening.

Blade-I think you are wrong about the fins QB situation.  I think you are going to be cursing Chad Henne for a long time. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

"Cmon!, Why is every move "not a good move for the Pats"? Let me ask, what move is a "good move for the Pats??"   Maybe Kraft & Belichick have decided to do the EXACT same thing with The Patriots Team, as what they'd like to happen with The Patriots Fan Base:  They recognized that they need to rebuild a strong core and foundation first & foremost... Rather than trading away their future for tagalong, whiney, underappreciating people who's hearts aren't really in it, Kraft & Belichick have recognized that there needs to be a dedicated, hard-following "true" team atmosphere, instead of piecemealing some uncaring group of people together, who sell out patience and doing things correctly this time, for the immediate halfway-done satisfaction of appearances that look seems good for all of a second, but sells everyone involved short every second afterwards and forever...  What I mean to say nicely, Is ShutTFU and wait until Draft, or else hop on another team that looks to do better this 1 season... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Trading away their future?  Their future will end as soon as Brady retires, period. You think that when he is gone we are going to just accidently catch lightning in a bottle again. The future is now!! We are wasting years of our chance to win super bowls. With brady we have a chance every year and as long as you turn down the oppurtunity to get players for second draft picks that are the best at their position, you are wasting time that Brady has left.

Why don't you check back in a few years when Brady decides he is going to hang it up and see what the future looks like for this franchise. Then you can wish we had done everything we could have done when he was here to take advantage of one of the truly great players this franchise will see. Who gives a crap if Marshall is not a safe high character guy? The guy would have changed the offense, no one in the draft is going to step right in and give you what this guy would of. And all those bad apples that we currently have on our team right now, where do you think they came from? THE DRAFT. Only difference is that most of them can't play!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Let me play the role of the homer here:

Yes, it was a terrible move, the guy is a cancer!  The Phins were stupid to pickup one of the best WR in the game for a 2nd rd pick.  The Pats will draft all pro-bowlers with the 1st and 2nd rd picks!

Reality:
    The Pats should have picked up Marshall without question with all their 2nd rd picks.  Now the Dolphins are looking better than the Pats.  In reality, the best you can hope for in the draft is one or two quality players to contribute in 2010.  It's seems to me that this yea's plan is to do nothing, nadad, zero, zip!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?:
    This was the suspected "ace in the hole" move the Pats were going to play on draft day right?? More BB genius right?? Guess the Pats have a BIGGER plan ahead right?? Another example of them sitting back and letting it all happen around them. They better do something on draft day other than trade out!
    Posted by smorgan86

***YAWN***

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Marshall's move to Miami was a bad move for the pats.  Regardless of his antics, like Owens, he does his job on the field and he does it very very well, and now the Pats have to play him twice and Chad Henne just became an even better up and coming QB than everyone already thought he was.  Combine that with Fins very very nice run game and they have a team that can play ball control AND explode.  As for their D, still suspect, but the team itself is better overall. Over one week, the pats just removed 2 easy games from their schedule and replaced them with difficult ones - those being the home games they play v the Jets and Fins.
    Posted by underdoggg

Fins are looking to trade Ronnie Brown.....

Marshall is 1 strike away from a suspension.....he beats on his girlfriend.  He is SCUM.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

I know everyone wants instant gratification (society as a whole) but the prudent thing for the long term is to use the draft and secondary market of free agency to fix what needs fixing. Of all the moves NY and Miami has made Marshall is the one that could be the toughest to handle but their QB situation is what will keep this from being a big deal unless Parcells gets a chance at Claussen.
    Posted by DaBlade

Upgrade their Qb position? Are you serious? Being a homer is one thing, being in denial is a completely different story. Henne is one of the best youg qbs in the league. I guess you haven't watched him play..apparently.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Fins are looking to trade Ronnie Brown..... Marshall is 1 strike away from a suspension.....he beats on his girlfriend.  He is SCUM.
    Posted by m1021us

He's scum alright..he's scum you would want on your team. So now that is going to happen you call it a bad move? Yeah ok...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Cmon!, Why is every move "not a good move for the Pats"? Let me ask, what move is a "good move for the Pats??
    Posted by smorgan86

Not every move is "not good for the Pats" but this one was. We had issues in the locker room this past season and it looks like they are trying to clean house and get back into the high character guys they use to have. Crumpler imo was a great move, and personally I think not going after Boldin or Walter harder were bad moves on the Pats. I also feel they should have signed Wilfork last year and should be trying to sign Mankins harder this year. I even think not going after T Jones was a horrible move on their part. Not all guys are right for each team and this team is and has been about building the team for the long term. I don't see Marshall as the type of player that is great for the long term success of the team. He is deffinitely not the type of guy that would have been on the team during our superbowl runs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Somebody was gonna get this guy, and if the Pats had wanted him, there isn't really any reason I can think of not to have done it before now -- unless the Pats' brain trust had some reason to believe that he was overvalued and could be had for less through some convoluted three-way trade (which is foolish). So we essentially already knew that the Pats didn't want him. It's unfortunate that he went to an improving division rival, but short of scooping Marshall up themselves -- which we already knew they weren't going to do -- there's nothing the Pats can do about that. Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez may one day turn out to be actual NFL quarterbacks, but from where I'm sitting they do not appear to be so as of yet. I suppose, in a perfect world, the Pats would skip and dance through the division every year and never be challenged until deep in the playoffs -- it would certainly be easier on the psyche of some of the fans, judging by what I read in here every day. But the league isn't designed that way. Green New Jersey and Miami have been bumbling for some time now -- it ony stands to reason that sooner or later they would have to get better, if only by the simple law of averages. I mean, even a blind pig finds an acorn every once in a while. The Pats, in this administration, have always taken a long-term view and one of the things that I don't see mentioned in here is that the uncapped year and looming (potential) labor unrest is not changing the way the Pats do business. Yes, it looks today as if Miami and Green New Jersey are catching up, but I will not be a bit surprised, say, two years from now, when the Pats are still where they are and both of their rivals are squabbling in the cellar again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Fins are looking to trade Ronnie Brown..... Marshall is 1 strike away from a suspension.....he beats on his girlfriend.  He is SCUM.
    Posted by m1021us

Reminds me of a young Randy Moss.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Reminds me of a young Randy Moss.
    Posted by underdoggg

Worse.....

Moss has never been called accused for beating on a woman.....he has never had one of his temmates killed.....he never hit a police officer nor has he ever resisted arrest.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Worse..... Moss has never been called accused for beating on a woman.....he has never had one of his temmates killed.....he never hit a police officer nor has he ever resisted arrest.....
    Posted by m1021us

Um - you are wrong about points 1 & 3, and point 2 is ridiculous.  I have no idea about #4.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Um - you are wrong about points 1 & 3, and point 2 is ridiculous.  I have no idea about #4.
    Posted by underdoggg

You must have some proof of your accusations.....

Is it reduculous to say that because of the Bar fight that marshall was in, a man shot Marshall's teammate and killed him?  Marshall indirectly caused his teammate to get killed.....truth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

point 1 - http://wbztv.com/patriots/Randy.Moss.New.2.630980.html

point 3 - http://the-w.com/thread.php/id=6172. Also provides some other fun details about Moss' fine upstanding character. 

point 2 - It is ridiculous to suggest that Marshall "had one of his teamates killed".  That would be murder.

Sections
Shortcuts