So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?:
    clarkey - its pointless to argue.  The fact is Moss was not all that dissimilar with his off the field problems and yet until this last year he's been a model citizen in NE.  Why Marshall can't fit the same mold is beyond me.
    Posted by underdoggg

dissimilar off field issues? Wth are you smoking, did you see the rap sheet I posted. Moss in no way comes close to the same off field issues Marshall has. Holmes and Big Ben are the closer matches to off field issues

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

actually its a good move, once he gets in some off field trouble, he'll be suspended.

quit think all these trouble maker free gaents are the answers to what the pats need. and that the jests and fins are catching up to the pats. read wilforks article

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

This is a great move for the 'fins...would have been a great move for anyone actually. When is bringing in a top 3/5 WR a bad thing? And I really dont want to here from you " moral mary's " whining about how bad a guy he is. Nobody gives a chit , especially when he's burning us for 6! I really cant stand when people play the character card , like all of you have never been a trouble before or done something regretable. You guys sound like such losers , you want to lose w/ great guys or win w/ bad ones because you cant have it both ways. Again you sound like such losers , as if your ever going to share a sandwhich and a coke w/ any of these guys. None of you know anything about any of these guys. You guys really think 12 has the most exemplary character? How do you know he is or any of them are honorable guys? You dont know chit about any professional athletes , so stop pretending like it really matters how nice they are. As long as Marshall does what he does on the field and isnt suspended it doesnt matter what type of person he is. I could care less how nice these guys are , it be great if all of them are , but thats not reality.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I have no idea why people are surprised that the Pats didn't go after Marshall. 

They Pats let Antonio Bryant go to the Bengals without a sound. They let Boldin go to the Ravens  for a second round pick, same with Marshall. The aren't going after Free Agents or trades. Belichick is building through the draft. 

Wait till the draft before you panic. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

LOL if we get him then its a great move! If we get A.C. for a 3rd rd pick , wow what a great move that is. Go get Holmes for a 5th , wow this team made another off season steal. Anyone else does it...what a terrible move...wont work for them etc. Holmes , A.C. were great moves for the jest and I actually think L.T. has some left in the tank , especially behind a top 3-5 O-line. Marshall immediately makes any WRing corp better. How can you say its a bad move for them? And I heard someone say this is only a " short term " move. Who ever said couldnt be further from the truth! Henne is only 24 , Brown is 28 , Bess is 24 , Fasano is 25 , and the only have one o-linemen that is 30. And oh yea Marshall is only 26 , they just signed him to a big 4 year deal. And its not like their D has a bunch of aging superstars , they only have 2 guys that play a big role on D that is over 30. You dont have a clue if you think this team is built for the short term , the powers that be are clearly setting this team up for long term success. Not to mention the fact that they still have 8 picks left in the draft and can go almost anywhere they want w/ the 12th. Imagine their secondary w/ Earl Thomas , or maybe they add McClain to build up their LBing crop? Ive been saying the PATS should have went after Marshall since the end of the season and Ive also been saying that the Broncos would part w/ him for a 2nd and later round pick. So what happens , he goes to a rival for a second and later round pick. Ive also been saying that this guy makes your whole team better. All of a sudden teams have to take our O serious , want to double Moss , fine. Marshall and Edelman will kill you for 15-18 rec's and 230 yards w/ 2-3 TD's! Even our run game would look good beceuse teams couldnt put more than 6-7 in the box w/ a Moss/Marshall/Edelman rec corp. I know its long gone , butj ust for a second , what could have been w/ that group? Sign Marshall to a 4-5 year deal and who knows , why not keep Moss around for another 2 maybe 3 years to maximize this " would be " groups potential. This really burns me because I knew right from the end of the year that the Broncos wanted to part ways w/ him and I knew they would do it for less than a first. Combine that w/ the fact that we have 3 second round picks and YOU heard it here first...This draft isnt as deep as everyone likes to believe! Especially at WR , theres no-one close to a Marshall , there might not even be ONE TRUE number one WR there. Bryant has alot to prove , the guy either didnt/couldnt play inside the numbers/hash marks in college. LOL your not getting away w/ that in the NFL. It always risky taking WR's in the first because the jump might be the hardest for WR's because of the system the play in. W/ so many teams going spead WR's in college only really run 2-3 routes. Look at D.Thomas , he's run 2 routes his entire time in college , the deep post and go route.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im not sure if you've been paying attention 49 , but the draft has been part of the problem w/ the PATS. And this draft isnt nearly as deep as you and everyone likes to believe , you cant just watch/listen to Mayock/Kiper and believe everything they say. And if we dont make any moves and just use the draft , what players from this years draft are going to make that big of an impact for us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Over one week, the pats just removed 2 easy games from their schedule and replaced them with difficult ones - those being the home games they play v the Jets and Fins."

So many things wrong with this. Were the Pats supposed to trade for both Holmes and Marshall so their rivals can't get these headcases? After a year where bad apples and locker room chemistry was a serious issue for the Pats? Oh, and newsflash, those games were not easy to begin with. The AFC East will be competitive next year, that's fine. The Jets may even win the division. But whatever happens, I'll have the sweet memories of the Colts chickening out on going for a perfect season when greatness was well within their grasp, and then Peyton choking up the deciding play in the Super Bowl and scowling on the bench afterwards, not in the mood to shoot any more of his endorsement commercials. That memory will last a long time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Brandon Marshall is just a misunderstood kid.  Within him there is good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4216417

I would never have believed that one single NFL player currently drawing a good salary could compile such a long rap sheet.  The beatings and cuttings of his girlfriend just go on and on.  No amount of pass-catching is worth degradation of the franchise overall and of ticket sales, not to mention what happens to the locker room when a "me" guy takes up residence, to the insult of the guys who are really trying.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Why is it everyone thinks that draft picks will solve Pats problems? The majority of draft picks are busts. Just to draft young and unexperienced players doesn´t solve anything....and we need help now, not in 3 years from now. From last year draft noone has been key contributors this season.
    Posted by haldager

Why do you think Marshall is the savior?? I bet you Pats will have a better offense than both MIAMI and NYJ this season...
    And the last part of ur statement is just stupid... You must not be a pats fan cuz you dont know who Vollmer, or Edelman are?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Chemistry is so overrated LOL , do you ever listen to players talk about each other? You guys really need to get over the " we need good character guys in our locker room " BS because that doent matter nearly as much as you believe. LOL You sound like a 6th grade soccer coach LMMFAO! Professional athletes dont care what guys do in the season or anything like that. All these guys care about is that the guy beside them worked his azz off and is in the best shape possible to do some work. All these guys care about is that the guy next to him spent hours and hours in the film room so everyone is on the same page to blow up the upcoming play. Its so funny hearing all you guys talk about chemistry and character when none of us will ever really know what goes on in any professional locker room or really know any of these athletes. Therefore none of us will ever know how much that BS plays into winning. Northwestern isnt exactly a power house in terms of sports , but anytime you have guys that love to compete and love sports nothing else matters. It doesnt matter what division you play in , whos watching you play etc. I played 3 of the 4 years I was there on the basketball team and the dynamic in the locker room was different year to year. Trust me Im not saying its the same , but on a smaller level it is somewhat comparable. Although in college you can keep guys together a little longer ,LOL  at least at Northwestern , we're not Kentucky. But even in college , like the pros you can have a decent size turnover from year to year. In both cases your always going to have guys w/ bigger egos than others , you'll have guys that absolutely love it like me. Guys who would lose skin on their knees diving for a loose ball , you'll have guys playing because their good and its something to do. Just like in the pros you'll have guys that just "like" it , but are great at it and can make a boat load of $. My first year guys didnt get along at all , no-one hung out w/ anyone and nobody gave a chit what happened to anyone OFF THE COURT. It was a whole different story on the court , whenever we stepped on the hardwood it was all business. Everyone practiced hard , in fact we might have practiced harder because we wanted to show up the other guy. My last year was a different story , everyone got along , in fact I still talk to a couple guys from that squad today. We practiced just as hard , worked just as hard , but had a terrible season. The worst thing about it was the fact that we had just as good a team , if not better. For whatever reason things just didnt happen for us , our schedule was a little harder , but not much. That wasnt the problem at all. My point is chemistry is really overrated. Look at the PATS 07' team and the guys from that squad. Brady and Moss didnt even play a game together before , not even a quarter in the pre-season games. They had the best year of their careers. You can say the same thing about that whole team as a group. It wasnt like Brady is the best QB and Moss is the best WR , so how could it go wrong. Everything was there for them , timing , accuracy , they could close their eyes and be on point. That play against the 'Skins is one some teams would need to be together for years to run. They were together for an hour and tore up the league. Good/Great players/coaches makes the difference , not if your carpooling to work together or grilling burgers together on the weekend.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Gimmie a break PK and coolguy! Every great WR is a "me" guy! You really think Jerry Rice wasnt in Montana/Youngs ear if he wasnt getting the ball. These guys believe in there skills and believe they can help they team w/ them. I have no problem at all w/ an elite WR wanting the ball on every play. And Marshall isnt trying because hes a "me" guy , he was Denvers entire O , who else was the opposing team game planning around? And save the "moral mary" BS , this is professional sports. What did you think when the PATS got caught cheating a couple years back? BB runs this ship , should we get rid of him because of that. BTW almost every team does that and far worse , the Broncos were caught w/ a scout watching the Chiefs practice during the 90's. Anyway , we were caught cheating , teams/fans will never let us live that down. How'd that look on us? What about when Faulk was caught w/ weed ,  how'd that look? Even though it should be legal , its not. Did you say anything then , I doubt it. What about when Kaczur was caught w/ hundreds of OC's " dope in a pill " and turned rat to get himself out of a jam. How'd that look on our franchise? Did you say anything when the PATS got Dillon , you know he was arrested for drunken driving and domestic violence. When the police showed up at his house his wife had a fat lip and was bleeding from it. Did you say anything when we traded for Moss , he has a decent size rap sheet? Seriously , you sound like a loser! Who cares how these guys are and what they do in their personal life. Bottom line is that your a hypocrite , you really expect any of us to believe that your not going to cheer for Moss next time he burns someone for 6? And COOLGUY , have you watched Marshall at all in his 4 years? Hes a top 3-5 WR , in his prime who can do it all on the field. He can kill you w/ his short game , burning you on a short slant , quick out or comeback and beat you on a deep post , crossing pattern or 9 route. There might 2-3 guys in the entire league that are as good and have that same skill set. And Im not sure if YOU'VE been paying any attention but we have needed someone to play the X position for years now. He would have fit in perfect here w/ Moss at flanker and Edelaman in the slot. And speaking of Edelman and the draft you obviously havent been watching or paying attention the last couple years because the draft is part of our problem! We havent done a terrible job by any means , but we havent exactly been killin' it either. Sure SeaBass and Edelman look like real players , but we completely blew it w/ our early picks last year. Who knows Butler might turn out to be a good player ,but he looked lost and missed on alot more than he made. Brace was confused and tossed around all year and even though we needed we needed big help at S , Chung didnt really sniff the field. Who knows they might turn out to be real players , but we could have had two potential ROY's in Matthews , Maualuga/Laurinaitis. And what positions do we still have big holes at...oh yea thats right I/OLB! Couple years ago we blew it again and could have had Jammal Charles , but instead took Wheatley. After him we took Crable and could have had Steve Slaton , Jermichael Finley or Tashard Choice. Let me gues your going to say something about hindsight , 20/20 BS right? No its not hindsight when Im saying it while its happening! Its not 20/20 BS when I screaming at Little to take out Pety now , not give him another inning. Thats not playing the hindsight card. And your thinking of the PATS having the better O than the jest/'fins is completely homer thinking. Edwards/Holmes/J.C./Keller with the jest running game no matter who is carrying the rock because of that line is a kickazz O. Not to mention Sanchez has another year under his belt and playoff experience , which he played much better in. Henne who looks like the real deal , smart , tough , versatile kid w/ a rocket arm know has a legitimate O to work w/. Marshall/Bess/Fasano/Hartline and Brown/Williams in the backfield is potentially a very good O. Im not sure what you see , but I see multiple weapons. And Im not sure if you've been paying attention , if you have then you would know that Moss has been are only real scoring threat in 3 years. Sorry but teams arnt/werent game planning around Welker , Edelman Maroney. Teams arnt game planning all week to stop WW/Edelman or our running game. Jest/'Fins are much better than last year and both were already pretty good and both have potentially great D's. Im as much as a fan as anyone else and have been following Boston sports for 20 years (since I was 8 ). Im a serious fan , how many 8 y/o's you know that could recite the plus/minus of almost the entire B's roster? Believe me , I can go toe 2 toe w/ almost anyone in terms of sports. I was learning the differences between the different styles of 3-4 D's when I was 11. Dont q's if Im a " real fan " or not! Im just not a moron like 99% of the people on here and think hey " we got 12 and BB , what can wrong"? This team needs big help and denying you just look like a homer loser.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Whats pathetic is in three months time u have managed to rack up 1000 posts... go out get some sunshine I bet you also racked up about 75 lbs to add to your 300 lbs you already have. I am suprised you can find the keyboard under all those pizza boxes.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Wow, you have a track record of being wrong.....nice try.

I have actually lost over 40 lbs in the past 7 months to bring my weight down to a slim 198.....

But think what you want.....you will still be wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : what does this have to do with his performance on field?
    Posted by jbalance617

Couldn't it lead to a suspension if he keeps it up?  If it does, then how will he help his team then?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : So that's how you judge a 23 year old qb with the League's worst receiving core? Why bother arguing with someone who is obviously completely clueless   when it comes to football. Your comments amplify this sentiment..get a clue my friend or else you'll be crying in your beer next year when your teams in 3rd place  wondering how the heck they got there.
    Posted by perfect72

LOL!  I have no clue?  That is a good one......

Are you trying to tell me that Henne is better than Orton?  LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : 1.  you said accused.  He was accused.  2.  who cares whether the officer was a traffic cop or not.  He did it.  It was intentional, and he was being a malcontent.  3.  You are not reading well - I specifically said I had nothing regarding him resisting arrest (that was point #4. - please do a better job of reading). 4.  You said Marshall had his teammate killed.  Go back and read your own words.  Now you are backpeddling because you know what you said was wrong.
    Posted by underdoggg

Did I say it was intentional or not?  His teammate was killed because of an action that he did, is that correct?

And as for point number 1, you said a young Moss....he was accused of that incident once last year....he doesn't have a history of it like Marshall does.....the cops went to Marshall's house 11 times for domestic abuse!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : So you are saying that they should not have grabbed boldin or marshall, or even holmes for the prices OUR DIVISIONAL RIVALS have?   Grabbed all these PROVEN GUYS, isntead of wasting a draft pick for unproven guys? Atleast do something besides waste MONEY On guys who should be retiring  tarnish their careers over their pride.... EVERYONE KNOWS DAVID PATTEN should not be playing football right now. And everyone knows ALGE CRUMPLER DID NOT MAKE CHRIS JOHNSON. If anyone here thinks we are superbowl worthy with those 2 additions and 4 draft picks...then obviously they do not know football and is a bandwagon fan.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Wow, how old are you?  You sound like the kid that was picked last in Gym class!

No football knowledge what-so-ever!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : YUP WELCOME TO 2010 NFL look at CASSEL last year, and players before him, players keep demanding larger contracts its only a matter of time before players WHO ARE PROVEN demand it, BM is just smart enough to know and do it.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

LOL!  so the average price for a #1 WR in 2010 is the highest contract?  Take math much?

Would you rather have Wilfork and Bodden or Marshall?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : NO just M1082us is a complete idiot, and my arguments are my opinion like your argument is yours. and Marshall was benched for excusing himself for being to cold at practice and him complaining it was bothering his hamstring.  Then he didnt show up to therapy. Thanks.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

And you want that POS on or team?  LOL!

Name calling is for babies who lost an arguement......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Oh ill agree... with YOU, marshall has his problems off field... NO DENYING THAT...  But come on... you think plaxico meant to shoot himself in the leg that night, you think the shooting yes instigated yes, but no one ever thinks people are going to come after you with guns, thats just bogus, either way....   I was responding to the fact that, the guy thinks MOSS is a saint, and by any means I LOVE MOSS TO death but he had his share of problems, and everyone does in the NFL, unless you white lol, but mo money mo problems. 
    Posted by clarkeyj1

LOL!  WHO thinks that?  I have not seen anyone on this board say any such thing....

Sounds like you like Moss more than I do.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Making friends m1021us....LOL! I didn't want Marshall nor Holmes but I didn't want them in the division either....let's hope they implode and are cancers to their respective teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

clarkey - its pointless to argue.  The fact is Moss was not all that dissimilar with his off the field problems and yet until this last year he's been a model citizen in NE.  Why Marshall can't fit the same mold is beyond me.
    Posted by underdoggg

Moss was never as bad as Marshall IS.......Moss was grown up in his Raiders days, Marshall has yet to grow up or become another Chris Henry.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : dissimilar off field issues? Wth are you smoking, did you see the rap sheet I posted. Moss in no way comes close to the same off field issues Marshall has. Holmes and Big Ben are the closer matches to off field issues
    Posted by PatsEng

DOggg can read, but he has trouble comprehending.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Absolutely... and people either say eveyr move by other teams is horrible, and every move or non move by the pats are amazing. its ridiculous... when in fact, we arent doing crap, teams are getting better, we are getting no where. 
    Posted by clarkeyj1

WHO?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Making friends m1021us....LOL! I didn't want Marshall nor Holmes but I didn't want them in the division either....let's hope they implode and are cancers to their respective teams.
    Posted by HRK103

tell me about it......some of these people LOVE me.....

Lets just hope they are cancers AND keep getting suspended......

Belichick is a genius.....let the other teams make their moves first, then counter their moves after......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : dissimilar off field issues? Wth are you smoking, did you see the rap sheet I posted. Moss in no way comes close to the same off field issues Marshall has. Holmes and Big Ben are the closer matches to off field issues
    Posted by PatsEng

*On March 23, 1995, Moss backed a friend in a hallway fight against a white student who had allegedly used racist comments towards Randy's friend. Moss was initially charged with a felony for kicking the student, but it was later reduced to a misdemeanor. On August 1, 1995, Moss plead guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to 30 days behind bars at the South Central Regional Jail in Charleston, West Virginia

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana, thus violating his probation, and was dismissed from Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.

Moss was fined $40,000, which was later reduced to $25,000, during that game due to squirting an NFL referee with a water bottle.

Moss, who was entering the final year of the rookie contract he signed in 1998, was seeking a long term deal that would make him the highest paid player in the NFL. His agent said, "We want to break the tradition of quarterbacks being the highest-paid players."

when discussing the 1970 Marshall plane crash, Randy Moss was quoted as saying the "The plane crash was before my time. I don't try to go back in the past and say this football game is for the people in the plane crash. I've seen the burial ground. I went up there and looked at the names. It was a tragedy, but it really wasn't nothing big."

On September 24, 2002 in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, Moss was driving and was preparing to make an illegal turn. A traffic control officer, noticing what he was about to do, stood in front of his car, ordering him to stop. Eyewitness accounts of the event differ at this point, but Moss did not comply with the officer's order, and she was bumped by his vehicle and fell to the ground. Moss was arrested, and a search of his vehicle revealed a small amount of marijuana.

During the last game of the 2004 regular season against the Washington Redskins and with two seconds remaining on the game clock, Moss walked off the field and into the locker room; critics criticized Moss for quitting on his team.  (obviously not a problem for Belichick)

In April 1996, Randy Moss smoked a joint just prior to turning himself in to jail.

Oh and there was that domestic battery accusation that was dropped. 

If Randy Moss is acceptable, I don't know why Brandon Marshall wouldn't be.