So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?:
    In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : *On March 23, 1995, Moss backed a friend in a hallway fight against a white student who had allegedly used racist comments towards Randy's friend. Moss was initially charged with a felony for kicking the student, but it was later reduced to a misdemeanor. On August 1, 1995, Moss plead guilty to two counts of misdemeanor battery and was sentenced to 30 days behind bars at the South Central Regional Jail in Charleston, West Virginia In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking marijuana , thus violating his probation, and was dismissed from Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation. Moss was fined $40,000, which was later reduced to $25,000, during that game due to squirting an NFL referee with a water bottle. Moss, who was entering the final year of the rookie contract he signed in 1998, was seeking a long term deal that would make him the highest paid player in the NFL. His agent said, "We want to break the tradition of quarterbacks being the highest-paid players." when discussing the 1970 Marshall plane crash , Randy Moss was quoted as saying the "The plane crash was before my time. I don't try to go back in the past and say this football game is for the people in the plane crash. I've seen the burial ground. I went up there and looked at the names. It was a tragedy, but it really wasn't nothing big." On September 24, 2002 in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota , Moss was driving and was preparing to make an illegal turn. A traffic control officer, noticing what he was about to do, stood in front of his car, ordering him to stop. Eyewitness accounts of the event differ at this point, but Moss did not comply with the officer's order, and she was bumped by his vehicle and fell to the ground. Moss was arrested, and a search of his vehicle revealed a small amount of marijuana . During the last game of the 2004 regular season against the Washington Redskins and with two seconds remaining on the game clock, Moss walked off the field and into the locker room; critics criticized Moss for quitting on his team.  (obviously not a problem for Belichick) In April 1996, Randy Moss smoked a joint just prior to turning himself in to jail. Oh and there was that domestic battery accusation that was dropped.  If Randy Moss is acceptable, I don't know why Brandon Marshall wouldn't be.
    Posted by underdoggg

LOL!  None of these are as bad as what Marshall has done.....Besides Marshall is younger and has a longer rap sheet than Moss already!  no comparison.  Just keep trying......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Did I say it was intentional or not?  His teammate was killed because of an action that he did, is that correct? And as for point number 1, you said a young Moss....he was accused of that incident once last year....he doesn't have a history of it like Marshall does.....the cops went to Marshall's house 11 times for domestic abuse!
    Posted by m1021us

m10 - Yes, the language you used implies Marshall intended to have his teammate killed.  Since I called you out, you've backpeddled to make it more accurate, which is fine.  Just admit that you tried to make Marshall out to be worse than he really is.  As for his domestic abuse issues, how many times has he been convicted?  How many times have the charges been dropped?  Is it possible, like in the Randy Moss case, that Marshall's girlfriend could be using the legal system to make things seem worse than they really are?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I am curious, how many days has Brandon Marshall spent in jail for any form of battery.  How many days has Randy Moss spent in jail for the same thing? 

How many days has Brandon Marshall spent in jail for any reason?  Randy Moss? 

As I see it, Marshall may be involved in some abusive situations in the future and some of them may have to do with the brutality that he exacts on the patriots defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : m10 - Yes, the language you used implies Marshall intended to have his teammate killed.  Since I called you out, you've backpeddled to make it more accurate, which is fine.  Just admit that you tried to make Marshall out to be worse than he really is.  As for his domestic abuse issues, how many times has he been convicted?  How many times have the charges been dropped?  Is it possible, like in the Randy Moss case, that Marshall's girlfriend could be using the legal system to make things seem worse than they really are?
    Posted by underdoggg

LOL!  You need English 101.....

Marshall makes himself look as bad as he really is....don't try to make him look like a saint.

as far as the domestic abuse issue...you are kidding right?  11 times compared to 1?  Are you that obtuse to not see a pattern with Marshall, that is much worse than Moss has ever been? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I am curious, how many days has Brandon Marshall spent in jail for any form of battery.  How many days has Randy Moss spent in jail for the same thing?  How many days has Brandon Marshall spent in jail for any reason?  Randy Moss?  As I see it, Marshall may be involved in some abusive situations in the future and some of them may have to do with the brutality that he exacts on the patriots defense.
    Posted by underdoggg

I am not sure how many days either has spent in jail.....but Moss was in jail for assault for defending a friend from a racist.....Marshall was in jail for domestin assault and resisted arrest.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPhin4. Show BostonPhin4's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : I am not sure how many days either has spent in jail.....but Moss was in jail for assault for defending a friend from a racist.....Marshall was in jail for domestin assault and resisted arrest.....
    Posted by m1021us

Ummm yeah kicking the guy when he was down is now known as defending your friend, who apparently had already dealt with the situation? Yeah no thats assault.

How much jail time has Randy done? and how much has Marshall done? Yeah thought so.

Also, to anyone bringing up the night club shooting your just a d**k. Who hasnt been to a bar and gotten in some sort of verbal altercation with somone? or aleast been there with a friend who did? It happens all the time its not like Marshall entered into a gunfight and his friend got got and killed. No Marshall had a verbal altercation and some drunk "thug" took it too far.

You would love him if he was in NE but he's not just face it your going to be finishing in 3rd behind the Jets and Phins for the last years of Brady's career. Anyone who says the Patriot shouldn't mortgage the future to win now is a moron, what are the Pats going to do when Brady is gone? The Pats need to win now before their only hope is lost. But dont worry maybe BB will trade the first rounder for three 4ths and a 6th next year!!!!! Now thats value

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i think its funny...marshall to the phins and everyone says he is going to kill someone or get killed or that he will be suspended for long stretches of time

but if he went to the pats, oh he is saint, belicheat, the high man of character he is, will turn that young man around and after his career will enter the priesthood

sigh...guess thats what i would expect from those who have been fans since 01

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Ummm yeah kicking the guy when he was down is now known as defending your friend, who apparently had already dealt with the situation? Yeah no thats assault. How much jail time has Randy done? and how much has Marshall done? Yeah thought so. Also, to anyone bringing up the night club shooting your just a d**k. Who hasnt been to a bar and gotten in some sort of verbal altercation with somone? or aleast been there with a friend who did? It happens all the time its not like Marshall entered into a gunfight and his friend got got and killed. No Marshall had a verbal altercation and some drunk "thug" took it too far. You would love him if he was in NE but he's not just face it your going to be finishing in 3rd behind the Jets and Phins for the last years of Brady's career. Anyone who says the Patriot shouldn't mortgage the future to win now is a moron, what are the Pats going to do when Brady is gone? The Pats need to win now before their only hope is lost. But dont worry maybe BB will trade the first rounder for three 4ths and a 6th next year!!!!! Now thats value
    Posted by BostonPhin4

LOL!  I used to give Phin fans credit for being smarter than Jests fans.....but this isn't the case in this forum.....

Motgaging the future to win now is a loser mentality.....being competitive now and staying competitive in the future is the way to go.  I wouldn't expect anything differently from a fan of a team that once went 1-15 recently.

I think that we can worry about Brady leaving in about 6 or 7 years......You have a better chance of Henne leaving Miami than Brady leaving NE.

How many Super Bowls has Miami won recently? 

I don't care how good Marshall is, you have to improve your QB.....and you have NO passrush at all.....

IF you have been to a bar and got into a confrontation or was with someone who has....then you are a loser or you hang with some losers and need to get a life.

If it were not for Marshall's immaturiry at the bar, then his teammate would be alive today......that is the truth.  Marshall is a thug, you can have him.

And I am not defending Moss, he has been a thug as well....I wasn't there at the incident where Moss kicked a racist punk....I don't know how that went down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

i think its funny...marshall to the phins and everyone says he is going to kill someone or get killed or that he will be suspended for long stretches of time but if he went to the pats, oh he is saint, belicheat, the high man of character he is, will turn that young man around and after his career will enter the priesthood sigh...guess thats what i would expect from those who have been fans since 01
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Some people wold think that way.....while others would bite their lips, hoping he wouldn't slip up.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : LOL!  I have no clue?  That is a good one...... Are you trying to tell me that Henne is better than Orton?  LOL!
    Posted by m1021us

The only LOL is your posts. Why don't you ask the HONEST Pats fans on this board who is better..the ones that don't COMPLETELY lie. You really are pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : The only LOL is your posts. Why don't you ask the HONEST Pats fans on this board who is better..the ones that don't COMPLETELY lie. You really are pathetic.
    Posted by perfect72

LOL!  Just keep crying....you are doing a good job at it....

And 99% of the honest Pats fans on this board agree with me......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move?:
    This was the suspected "ace in the hole" move the Pats were going to play on draft day right?? More BB genius right?? Guess the Pats have a BIGGER plan ahead right?? Another example of them sitting back and letting it all happen around them. They better do something on draft day other than trade out!
    Posted by smorgan86

I'm glad they passed at taking on that contract (and that headcase). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

This is a good move for Miami, risky, but good. They needed a #1 WR. The Patriots, on the other hand, have a #1 WR, Randy Moss (at least for this year). The Pats need a #2 and will not pay two #1 WRs. That's not being cheap, it's the reality of the salary cap.
    Posted by digger0862

the reality is that 1. there is no salary cap this year and 2. reality is moss not be back so marshall would be our new number 1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

clarkey - its pointless to argue.  The fact is Moss was not all that dissimilar with his off the field problems and yet until this last year he's been a model citizen in NE.  Why Marshall can't fit the same mold is beyond me.
    Posted by underdoggg

Yah i agree.. its because when they trade for vincent jackson or ochocinco they are going to say he isnt as bad as marshall LOL and say SEE BB had them where they wanted them lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : Wow, you have a track record of being wrong.....nice try. I have actually lost over 40 lbs in the past 7 months to bring my weight down to a slim 198..... But think what you want.....you will still be wrong.
    Posted by m1021us

LOL ohh looks like i hit a softspot sweetcakes. You little pudgeball!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : LOL!  Just keep crying....you are doing a good job at it.... And 99% of the honest Pats fans on this board agree with me......
    Posted by m1021us

Not really... I see you make friends fast.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

i think its funny...marshall to the phins and everyone says he is going to kill someone or get killed or that he will be suspended for long stretches of time but if he went to the pats, oh he is saint, belicheat, the high man of character he is, will turn that young man around and after his career will enter the priesthood sigh...guess thats what i would expect from those who have been fans since 01
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

As I stated before... some people in here are ridiculous....

If any move a team other then patriots do is horrible if its a rival or in our division its even worse, but if the patriots did it... BB is a genuis and he is so smart

But if the patriots do nothing, and every move we do do is the best move and it IS a great move, Like signing 36 year old david patten and letting boldin walk away for nothing, signing a 38 year old aussie rugby guy whos never punted before, and soon we are going to look like the betty white snickers commercial, its the best moves out there and no one can contest

So there is no winning it is mostly bandwagon fans who dont even know pre-tom brady era

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : 90% of all sports stars white? yeah that must be it cause you know out of the ones listed Mayo, Ray Allen, Brown, Seymour are white but if you want something other then white T Jones McKenzie Oher Wells Rose (Basketball) D Wade D Mason Ronnie Brown Willie Mac Vince Wilfork You know it would actually be easier to name the ones with Marshall issues in college let start with Big Ben and Holmes
    Posted by PatsEng

Rose was in trouble... but i was talking bout the people who didnt get in trouble and statistically speaking look at the people who get in trouble, and look at where they grow up, their environment, and screw big ben, guy is a moron, but to think Marshall can not change like moss did because of his past is outrageous.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : LOL!  I used to give Phin fans credit for being smarter than Jests fans.....but this isn't the case in this forum..... Motgaging the future to win now is a loser mentality.....being competitive now and staying competitive in the future is the way to go.  I wouldn't expect anything differently from a fan of a team that once went 1-15 recently. I think that we can worry about Brady leaving in about 6 or 7 years......You have a better chance of Henne leaving Miami than Brady leaving NE. How many Super Bowls has Miami won recently?  I don't care how good Marshall is, you have to improve your QB.....and you have NO passrush at all..... IF you have been to a bar and got into a confrontation or was with someone who has....then you are a loser or you hang with some losers and need to get a life. If it were not for Marshall's immaturiry at the bar, then his teammate would be alive today......that is the truth.  Marshall is a thug, you can have him. And I am not defending Moss, he has been a thug as well....I wasn't there at the incident where Moss kicked a racist punk....I don't know how that went down.
    Posted by m1021us

where, oh where to start

A. the past is in the past(ie. 1-15 and superbowls past), in discussing a recent acquisition in sports, most people tend to discuss the future...which leads to more logical conversations
    B. if brady continues to throw 50+ times a game with a poor offensive line, he is going to get killed sooner, rather than later...
    C. as a first year starter, Henne was fine and showed to not make alot of dumb mistakes. with a better receiving corps and more experience from henne, he should continue to trend upwards
    D. the phins still have a very good rushing attack, and thus also limiting mistakes by henne by not having to throw the ball all the time
    E. last year the phins were devestated by injuries on both sides of the ball...having alot of those guys back in 2010 will be key in determining how far miami will go and IMO, cameron wake is about to go nuts and be a continued nightmare of QB's for quite a while
    F. marshall has had alot of problems in the past, true...but parcells making him the highest paid WR in history is quite interesting...but also shows that bill had a long talk with marshall and for now, they are on the same page

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : LOL!  You need English 101..... Marshall makes himself look as bad as he really is....don't try to make him look like a saint. as far as the domestic abuse issue...you are kidding right?  11 times compared to 1?  Are you that obtuse to not see a pattern with Marshall, that is much worse than Moss has ever been? 
    Posted by m1021us

M - If I need English 101, you might want to try elementary school again. 

I'd like to know where you think I said that Marshall is a saint or that I am trying to make him look like a saint.  Quit trying to put words in my mouth and instead work on your comprehension. 

the issue has nothing to do with Marshall being a saint.  It has everything to do with the double standard you and others are attempting to apply by defending moss while criticizing Marshall.  Its pathetic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : where, oh where to start A. the past is in the past(ie. 1-15 and superbowls past), in discussing a recent acquisition in sports, most people tend to discuss the future...which leads to more logical conversations B. if brady continues to throw 50+ times a game with a poor offensive line, he is going to get killed sooner, rather than later... C. as a first year starter, Henne was fine and showed to not make alot of dumb mistakes. with a better receiving corps and more experience from henne, he should continue to trend upwards D. the phins still have a very good rushing attack, and thus also limiting mistakes by henne by not having to throw the ball all the time E. last year the phins were devestated by injuries on both sides of the ball...having alot of those guys back in 2010 will be key in determining how far miami will go and IMO, cameron wake is about to go nuts and be a continued nightmare of QB's for quite a while F. marshall has had alot of problems in the past, true...but parcells making him the highest paid WR in history is quite interesting...but also shows that bill had a long talk with marshall and for now, they are on the same page
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

A) I am not the one who was saying that we are morons because we don't think that we should mortgage the future for a SuperBowl today.

B) I don't know where you have been, but his O-Line was improved last year and we got one of the best blocking TE's in the game to help.  And Brady had 50 attempts once last year.

C) Orton was that good too.....you can only hope that Henne can be as good as Orton was......good luck!

D) Not if they trade Brown.....And with Miami being a rush first offense, doesn't that mean that Marshall will have less of an impact?

E) Pats have had key injuries last year on both sides of the ball that should be back as well.....

F)They are on the same page because Marshall the DIVA got 2 things that he wanted.....more money and out of Denver.....I will tell you 1 thing...money+problem child= disruptive problem child.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: So I guess Marshall to the Fins is a bad move? : A) I am not the one who was saying that we are morons because we don't think that we should mortgage the future for a SuperBowl today. B) I don't know where you have been, but his O-Line was improved last year and we got one of the best blocking TE's in the game to help.  And Brady had 50 attempts once last year. C) Orton was that good too.....you can only hope that Henne can be as good as Orton was......good luck! D) Not if they trade Brown.....And with Miami being a rush first offense, doesn't that mean that Marshall will have less of an impact? E) Pats have had key injuries last year on both sides of the ball that should be back as well..... F)They are on the same page because Marshall the DIVA got 2 things that he wanted.....more money and out of Denver.....I will tell you 1 thing...money+problem child= disruptive problem child.
    Posted by m1021us

A. then have fun getting pounded in the 1st round AGAIN
    B. brady got knocked around big time last year and had wayyyy too many injuries...as he gets older...do you really think he will be able to take more killer hits? and oh...ok...so he didnt throw it 50 times every game...but the pats throw the ball way too much and if you cant see it, then i suggest watching another sport
    C. orton was not in his first year as a starter last year and his arm strength was questionable at best...henne hasnt had his arm strength knocked since he was an infant
    D. well as of right now, ronnie brown is a phin and thats all i can speak to...and if he still is come the time of the season...have fun stopping him
    E. did the pats have anywhere near the amount of injuries or the seriousness of the phins injuries? no and no...your team is declining, deal with it
    F. really? randy moss got more money in new england and he hasnt really been a problem child...you are reaching and hoping marshall is a disaster...which makes sense because your team is declining...let me guess...you think david ortiz is still an all-star and mvp caliber baseball player right?

Sections
Shortcuts