So I guess Rex has something cooked up for this game... per Jets insider

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So I guess Rex has something cooked up for this game... per Jets insider

according to this tweet from Jake Steinberg

"Wait until you see what Rex has cooked up for the Pats... he's taking a risk, if it works he'll be called a genius, if not, he'll get killed "

----------------------------------

Jets fans are specultaing the Jets will role with a 3-3-5 or won't line up until the O gets to the line.  Whatever it is it should be fun to see how the Patriots adapt to whatever it is Rex has "cooking"

If they go 3-3-5 then expect a huge day from the run game.  Big numbers by Riddley and Woody and lets see Vereen get in on that action too. 

Also, what an idiot this guy is to tip off the Pats that Rex has something different planned.  Would have been much better to keep it quiet until game time.  And who knows, maybe they will have Tebow on defense covering Gronk, lol!!

I can't wait for this game.  I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve tonight!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: So I guess Rex has something cooked up for this game... per Jets insider

ya it doesnt sound like anything new. Sounds like he is copying BB's old "mooing cows" defense, where the D just all stood up and stood around til the ball was snapped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Don't forget it could also be something for their offense. ..perhaps Tebow exclusively? I can't picture them just putting guys out there on defense just standing around - we've seen that before as an offense and practiced against it - I don't think it would work. I think what he will try is to deliberately slow down our no huddle offense by bringing guys in after we substitute and risk too many men on the field penalties when Brady has the ball snapped. Rex has been talking about it all week - how he is going to hold the refs accountable to allow them to substitute (slow down the proccess).

I suppose the patriots will be just fine if they leave the same 11 out there and don't substitute anyone. And Rex will of blown his big surprise ahead of time to the media by saying he needs time to substitute as well. Either way I don't think it will matter much - we should be able to pound the day lights out of the Jet's defense and leave them gased.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

my guess is that Tebow plays a lot at the RB position.  They need help at that position, so, it would make some sense that both Tebow and Sanchez are in at same time. I can see some flea flicker plays from that kind of scenario or a quick switch to wildcat where Sanchez splits wide, Tebow at QB - some quick lateral throw....and Sanchez throws ball deep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:
    [QUOTE]

my guess is that Tebow plays a lot at the RB position.  They need help at that position, so, it would make some sense that both Tebow and Sanchez are in at same time. I can see some flea flicker plays from that kind of scenario or a quick switch to wildcat where Sanchez splits wide, Tebow at QB - some quick lateral throw....and Sanchez throws ball deep.

[/QUOTE]

Makes sense but it's the throwing the ball deep part that concerns me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I read that it was defensively related.

If I had to guess, I'd say that Tebow may see time on defense shadowing Gronk, or he may be used as an edge-rusher. Another possibility could be a unique defensive formation like a 1-4-6 or a 3-3-5, or perhaps another look. They may stand everyone up in an attempt to confuse Brady.

We shall see.