So I'm at a Pop Warner game this morning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: So I'm at a Pop Warner game this morning

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Since your answer is no, TFB12, then what's the point in brining up the 8 year old example?

[QUOTE]

Coaches yelling at 8 year old kids? You probably didn't mean that the coaches were yelling at the kids the way Brady was yelling.

You probably meant that the coaches were yelling instructions to the 8 year old kids.

The last time I checked, athletic performance at 8 years old has no correlation to athletic performance at 18 years old.

What was Brady yelling?   I'm guessing it was instruction.  I'd bet he wasn't calling them a*******, though he had every right to. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you OK with coaches doing to your 8 year old kids what Brady did to the rookie receivers last Thursday?

[/QUOTE]

Are the rookies 8 year old kids?

[/QUOTE]

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Are you OK with coaches doing to your 8 year old kids what Brady did to the rookie receivers last Thursday?

[/QUOTE]

Your missing the main point, which is probably my fault for not being clearer.  Athletes are yelled at from the first day of their very first practice to the very last day they play.  That's how it is and will always be.  

So my feeling is anyone who somehow thinks that Brady yelling at rooks, F'ing up all game long, is somehow going to hurt their feelings and be counter productive is simply naive or trolling.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didnt say BB couldn't yell at his players, just said Brady looks like a brat throwing temper tantrums, if Jay Cutler was doing this he would be called a brat. If Peyton did this, we'd be mocking him. Brady should act like the leader of the team, not a kid who didn't get the toy he wanted.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

General Pattern was a great leader and if the stories are true he yelled a bit.  Steve Jobs was a great leader and he yelled a bit.  So don't try to define a leader in a way that fits your agenda. 

[/QUOTE]

General Patton had to apologize to his troops and almost lost his command!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[/QUOTE]

Your missing the main point, which is probably my fault for not being clearer.  Athletes are yelled at from the first day of their very first practice to the very last day they play.  That's how it is and will always be.  

So my feeling is anyone who somehow thinks that Brady yelling at rooks, F'ing up all game long, is somehow going to hurt their feelings and be counter productive is simply naive or trolling.

[/QUOTE]

My point in disagreeing with you is yelling at someone, anyone, is a waste of energy and a missed opportunity to teach which is even more of a waste. If the rookies were suposed to run the exact same route, three times in a row, and blew it everytime you might have a point. But they didn't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

My son plays junior pee wee...I've actually heard the coaches, yelling, swearing, throwing clip boards, etc. I got to say I'm a bit surprised seeing how these kids are 9.

And that's how it was when we were kids.  I remember Saugus National LL 1976.  I played 3rd base for the Champion Cardinals.  Coach had me in on the grass and I made an error on a hard hit ball.  The pric made me go out to center field  (walk of shame).  Two batters latter with the bases loaded and one out, fly ball to center.  I'll show him,  made the catch and threw the ball from center over the back stop  ( I had a cannon ).  Pitcher K'ed the next batter.  Funny thing is when I walked by coach on my way into the dugout he gave me a little smile.  I was back at 3rd the next inning.  We won the game and went undefeated that year.

[/QUOTE]

Good old youth sport stories, I played hockey growing up...I once witnessed two fathers beat the crap out of each other in the lockeroom after a game, all because one father told another kid to skate harder (or something like that)...scared the crap out of me. Funny thing is it happened in Saugus - that place had three rinks, but it was a dump. You could hear the whistles from all the other games going on, of you stopped you'd get knuckled. Good times.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

"What is a "brasher"? "

You"ll have to check with the programmers at Apple responsible for the spell check protocols on the iPad.  To bad the Great Steve Jobs wasn't still alive he would fire the whole department.  If your not looking and hit the space bar it will change words for you and if you backspace it will string jibberish for you.

I can't get spell check to work on boston.com at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[/QUOTE]

General Patton had to apologize to his troops and almost lost his command!

[/QUOTE]

For slapping a wuss.  We don't beat the Germans and win the war without Patton.  Now if Brady slapped one of the Rooks then I'd have a problem with him also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My son plays junior pee wee...I've actually heard the coaches, yelling, swearing, throwing clip boards, etc. I got to say I'm a bit surprised seeing how these kids are 9.

And that's how it was when we were kids.  I remember Saugus National LL 1976.  I played 3rd base for the Champion Cardinals.  Coach had me in on the grass and I made an error on a hard hit ball.  The pric made me go out to center field  (walk of shame).  Two batters latter with the bases loaded and one out, fly ball to center.  I'll show him,  made the catch and threw the ball from center over the back stop  ( I had a cannon ).  Pitcher K'ed the next batter.  Funny thing is when I walked by coach on my way into the dugout he gave me a little smile.  I was back at 3rd the next inning.  We won the game and went undefeated that year.

[/QUOTE]

Good old youth sport stories, I played hockey growing up...I once witnessed two fathers beat the crap out of each other in the lockeroom after a game, all because one father told another kid to skate harder (or something like that)...scared the crap out of me. Funny thing is it happened in Saugus - that place had three rinks, but it was a dump. You could hear the whistles from all the other games going on, of you stopped you'd get knuckled. Good times.

[/QUOTE]

dumpy rinks in saugus? Are you talking about HockeyTown?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol, the Route 1 rink just pass the Hilltop Steak House.  Played many games there.  My buddy's dad owned the Danvers twin rinks which were much nicer.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

[/QUOTE]

Lol, the Route 1 rink just pass the Hilltop Steak House.  Played many games there.  My buddy's dad owned the Danvers twin rinks which were much nicer.  

[/QUOTE]

Anybody been to the Hilltop recently? Last time for me about 12 years ago. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The MDC rink, the outdoor rink just before the entrance to Breakheart Reservation was a dump.  Pigeon terds everywhere And freaking cold.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So people remember the HockeyTown and Twin Rinks.

I am dating myself even more now but anyone remember the Chevelle rink in Essex?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably been at least 10 for me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[/QUOTE]

The MDC rink, the outdoor rink just before the entrance to Breakheart Reservation was a dump.  Pigeon terds everywhere And freaking cold.

[/QUOTE]

The old MDC outdoor rinks are always oh my jesus cold. The gordon college rink was freeze your @ss off cold as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"Oh my Jesus cold" LMAO so freaking true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[/QUOTE]

Probably been at least 10 for me.

[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Maine....We had to stop there on the way back after games in Boston...I can still hear the calling of numbers to the different seating areas and the cows out front...It has probably been 25 years since I have been there

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

Brady should be yelling at the GM that drafted those WR's.

LOL!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

She does cheer for a competitive team also TFB.  They basically travel from Baltamore to Boston and points in between.  With Nationals in Disney, if they qualify.  It's a lot of weekend driving from   February to May and a sh** load of money.

I'm all over southern arizona with my daughters Volleyball club and now highschool. It cost a few bucks but I am hoping for a scholarship to save me some money on her Degree because i had to pay all for my son!!!!  Enjoy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to raptor64d's comment:

[QUOTE]

She does cheer for a competitive team also TFB.  They basically travel from Baltamore to Boston and points in between.  With Nationals in Disney, if they qualify.  It's a lot of weekend driving from   February to May and a sh** load of money.

I'm all over southern arizona with my daughters Volleyball club and now highschool. It cost a few bucks but I am hoping for a scholarship to save me some money on her Degree because i had to pay all for my son!!!!  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  Good luck to your daughter!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My 8 year old daughter cheers for the Mitey Mites (7-8) and yes she nailed her back hand spring.  I'm sitting there listening to the coaches yelling at the kids on the sidelines, just like when I was a kid.  Then I think about the handful of poser fanboy trolls on this board and their fake outrage at Brady telling the rooks, what it is.

I hope the rest of you realize what trolls those brasher really are.

What is a "brasher"? Try English.  Your daughter will be on the loose in high school.  That's about 6 years away.

Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Wow, really dude?  That is way uncalled for.  That is crossing the line here.  You need to seriously go away after that.  You are taking all of this way to personal that you have to do that.

[/QUOTE]

Were you expecting the high road from a scurrilous fool who bashes the greatest Patriot in history daily? The punk has zero values.

[/QUOTE]

Actually I was.

[/QUOTE]

Then you didn't understand the depth of his sickness. I did, and do. There is little he could say that would surprise me.

No sane person would do the things he does here for years and years. The warped interest in everybody's job, age and education... etc, the likening of others to serial killers and nazis, the unhealthy obsession with BB as a perfect person who has never made a single mistake and the bizarre references to conspiracies plus imagining he is being stalked here; all stuff out of the coo coo's nest.

I have little doubt he has received treatment for mental issues. Too bad it hasn't worked.

Sections
Shortcuts