So I'm at a Pop Warner game this morning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: So I'm at a Pop Warner game this morning

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Athletes are yelled at from the first day of their very first practice to the very last day they play.  That's how it is and will always be.  

Not if the drama queens have their way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I betbyte bet Gisselle yells at Brady a bunch. If you know what I mean about Brazilian women.  Tough man that Tom Brady. 

Tom Brady if not the best qb ever, he's right up there. 3 X sb champ. He has every right to yell at anyone who drops a ball, or runs a wrong route. D you think one day Tom Brady will be saying I played with Arron Dobson?  No Dobson will be saying I played with Tom Brady ! And one time he even yelled at me! 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I played receiver in pop Warner.  I still remember the coach yelling after made a catch...  " THAT'S IT...  THATS THE WAY TO GET THOSE MEATHOOKS OUT THERE ON THE BALL...!!! "

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_K1cdP2beI

Hahaha, love it!  Thanks for posting that.

I was helping coach my son's tball baseball team and I was out in the field and I noticed this one little boy who wasn't paying attention.  I walk over and explain that he needs to be paying attention and watch for the ball so he can make a play and more importantly not get hit by it.  He looks up at me and says.."Thanks a lot coach, you just scared my butterfly away".  LOL!!  I could just barely control my self from laughing hard.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing like what comes from kid's mouth's...nice story!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

My son plays junior pee wee...I've actually heard the coaches, yelling, swearing, throwing clip boards, etc. I got to say I'm a bit surprised seeing how these kids are 9.

And that's how it was when we were kids.  I remember Saugus National LL 1976.  I played 3rd base for the Champion Cardinals.  Coach had me in on the grass and I made an error on a hard hit ball.  The pric made me go out to center field  (walk of shame).  Two batters latter with the bases loaded and one out, fly ball to center.  I'll show him,  made the catch and threw the ball from center over the back stop  ( I had a cannon ).  Pitcher K'ed the next batter.  Funny thing is when I walked by coach on my way into the dugout he gave me a little smile.  I was back at 3rd the next inning.  We won the game and went undefeated that year.

[/QUOTE]

After a bad inning at 3rd base, I came into the dugout and my coach said " Mr Sullivan ( I was 8) when you decide to get out of bed let me know and you can go back in" He didn't raise his voice and that's all he said. But, I got the message, sometimes you don't have to yell to make your point. True leaders use every tactic available to do their jobs. People need to relax.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

True leaders use every tactic available to do their jobs. People need to relax.

I don't remember a single year playing football in pop warner or highschool where the coach didn't yell. Everyone has their own style of getting the message across. But to try and protect these rookies from being yelled at for making (huge) mistakes is ridiciulous. This country has gone over the edge with all the PC crap.....truly the pussification of America. If anyone thinks yelling doesn't belong in football, perhaps they should take up tiddily winks.

Sections
Shortcuts