So... is Adrian Wilson really washed up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: So... is Adrian Wilson really washed up?

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You have to go deeper into the season to see he was wearing down in Ari. By the end of the year he was primarily an in the box defender only. Week 4 everyone is still fresh and looking good, they me what he looks like weeks 12-17.

Now Pro is right with the Seau comparison and if they use him situationally and limit his reps so he can last a full season then he's going to have a great season and be a great player for us. I have no doubt BB will use him to maximize what he has left but he is no Rodney Harrison when Rodney joined the team. Rodney was 3 years younger joining the team and still putting up numbers at or above his career average, Wilson's number have started to dip the last couple years. So temper the expectations a little, he's a big name but he's closer to where Seau was in his career joining the Pats then Rodney.  

So, what you're saying is, Wilson won't have a big impact and BB didn't look at his film or trust the scouts on Wilson.

You're turning into a Bdreu type here, PatsEng, which isn't a good thing.

Wow Rusty why to not even come close to what I said in the least. Reread the bold areas I pointed out then reread what you said. I know it's easy to make the tiny jump from me saying BB will use him right and he'll be a great player for the Pats situtionally to he won't make any impact and BB doesn't know what he's doing but try to read between the lines before commenting

I shouldn't have to "read between the lines" on a messageboard. Just state your opinion and back it.

You have gone off the deep end this week.

The read behind the lines was sarcasm. There is no between the lines. What I stated and what you said is the complete opposite. I said BB will use him properly and he'll be a great player. You said that I said, that he won't make an impact and BB doesn't know what he's doing. You don't see that it' the complete opposite?

You have been whining about BB's FA moves since Tuesday.  Wilson is unlikely to be a spot player here like you're suggesting.

Sorry to say this but obviously you are seeing more then there is now because you feel I'm a pink hat for not agreeing with every move and not thinking every move is more then what it is so you're going on ignore. There is no use talking anymore when you see what I say as the complete opposite to what I actually said

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Really looking forward to seeing him play. He's going to improve the middle of the field defense considerably. Receivers will know he's out there, we haven't had a guy like that since Rodney. Wilson has plenary left in the tank for what BB will ask him to do. They are very young overall, adding a vet such as Wilson makes the defense better.. Good signing, very good IMO . 

Different player I know but a lot of people said Moss was washed up when he came here too. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I decided to put this statement to the test and purchased NFL Game Rewind. In the Dolphins game (week 4), I have seen this guy flying around like a missile. 

He laid a out a TE going over the middle and jarred the ball loose. The TE (Clay) was slow to get up. Even though he was hitting a bigger TE, the guy was flattened. Just imagine what he will do to a WR.

He made an impressive diving interception which was overturned, but it looked clean to me.

He blitzed up the middle, blew the RB up who tried to block him, and sacked Tannehill with ease. Very impressive.

I'll continue to watch, but I see little reason to be concerned about how much this guy has left in the tank. Flying around to the ball last season looking to inflict pain on others. I'm impressed. 

Nice job posting facts.  Rarity around here. What I find interesting with this FA market is the fact that it's so deep the odds are higher for an older FA to work well than in a thin FA market.

He wasn't let go due to play.  He as let go because Arizona is rebuilding and he's an older player who is expensive.

I agree with this, zona has to get younger and this is why he was released. Besides, the pro scouts do reports on everybody, and they have compiled information on these people and the pats brass know from the tape that he can still play. I don't think they would sign him if he couldn't especially on a 3 year deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

To comment on the title of the thread which was penned by a truly brilliant mind:

... he must be washed up. He was signed by the Patriots and we all know they never go anywhere because they are where all the losers go before they retire. That is why they never make the playoffs. So, yes. Wilson must be washed up.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts