So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?

They have a plan, they're going to bring him back the night before the superbowl. Then him and Brady are gonna set bowl records together and get co-mvp and it will go down as the craftiest, most ingenious move ever in the history of the game, cementing BB's legacy forever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit? : I'd say Welker and Brady have a better connection.  Welker has far more receptions from Brady than Branch does.  Why did Welker need preseason work and not Branch?
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Branch is no good. Mr invisible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Did Moss even catch a ball once he left here? He was a cancer & useless to both teams he went to. His skills have SERIOUSLY eroded. He wasn't doing much here, which is WHY he was canned (that and his attitude) He can be covered with ONE guy all day. He disappears in the biggest games. We had him in our 1 & DONE playoffs vs Baltimore. Mr. Invisible, like Branch is now. He was great in 07' but that was a LONG time ago. FORGET ABOUT MOSS !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: So is all this Moss talk just the media and us or does it have any merit?:
    [QUOTE]rkarp not to be a jerk man but were you there? Were you in the room when Brady had this alleged conversation with BB? Im not saying it didnt happen but you are speaking it as if you were there and can prove it which we both know is not the case. I dont think Brady would be calling him on his off time to chat and saying he wouldnt mind having him back if he hated him so much that he told the team to get rid of him. Its just BS speculation that you chose to believe even though there was NO evidence to support it. I would agree that if they did it they would not do it till after week 1. I do think if he came in it would be under the impression that if he screws up or makes noise he is gone. They got rid of him once and they can do it again. And he knows that now, so I think with him knowing that he would just be happy to be here and he wouldnt make waves for fear of missing out on a ring.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    Killa,
    You are not being a jerk. You are stating your opinion. That is what this board is about. Check how many time Moss was targeted before he was released. Not how many ctahces did he have, how many times was he targeted? 
    Then check in his Patriot career, if that ever happened. Game plan? He wasn't open? Remember, Brady usually FORCED the ball to Moss. Are you telling me Moss lost his skills that quickly   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Im all for Randy Moss returning on the team's terms.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I can't see Moss coming back simply because if it was going to happen it already would have.  I for one would love to give him a second chance simply because I believe when his head is on right he's one of the most explosive players in the game even still. 

Some people will say he was a head case and a cancer.  Yes, but only in his 4th year of being here.  The first 3 he was top notch, a great locker room presence, and completely with the program.  Think about it.  His first year he not only completely changed the way the Patriots play, but changed the record books.  Sadly that year ended on a horrible note, but until then it was beyond a wild fantasy.  His second year he held his head and his act together, as well as made Matt Cassell a multi millionaire after Brady went down in the first game of the year. 

Let's not kid here, Randy helped write that contract in Kansas.  His 3rd year Brady was gun shy, didn't have the ability to go deep accurately and Randy played for half of the year with a torn stomach muscle.  Watching them try to rekindle the magic was forced and often ugly, but not always.  And in his last and final year he threw a hissy fit because his contract was coming to a close and he felt unloved.  So he pulled a Randy, and sulked and spoke out, and ultimately got shown the door.

And what has he done since?  Some will say nothing because he has nothing left.  BS!  He's bled Patriot colors loudly and often since.  He's acted just like a spurned lover that wants nothing but to come back to the one he loves and where he feels he belongs.  He can't stand the sight of other lovers, he keeps apologizing and calling begging for one more chance.  Hell, I say as long as he promises to keep his trap shut and be ok if he doesn't make the highlight reel every week, bring him back.  He still has the ability to be the second best receiver on our team at least if he plays his heart out. 

The one and only thing one need know about Randy (aside from the fact that he's one of the greatest atheltes ever) is that he NEEDS to feel loved and respected.  Maybe it stems back to his youth, maybe he is just a real insecure guy.  The bottom line though, he needs to feel that or he becomes a big emotional child.  It's my opinion that at least for one year he could give us his all and stay in check if he came back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If you think Branch is not producing because of his preseason work, then you know nothing about Patriot football.  He's ready for week 1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I don't think it is going to happen BUT, if he came in with the attitude BB requires and can sit on the bench for many plays, and wont be a distraction if he doesnt catch enough balls... well, I can't imagine a better deep threat if it is on BBS terms....

And if it does happen it wil lbe either (a) after the Dolphins game or (b) after an injury to someone on the roster.

I kinda hope it happens. I assume BB will have vetted it totally before it does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How do any of you even know if Moss is game ready?  He was slipping all last year.  What has happened since is he working harder?  I like the idea of him coming back but then I remember how he played and got progressively more ineffective.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]If you think Branch is not producing because of his preseason work, then you know nothing about Patriot football.  He's ready for week 1.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Branch already said on WEEI that he knew going into the preseason, he was not going to be targeted. Intentionally. Belichick said the same today. End of story!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]How do any of you even know if Moss is game ready?  He was slipping all last year.  What has happened since is he working harder?  I like the idea of him coming back but then I remember how he played and got progressively more ineffective.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that was a matter of 'losing it.' It was bad attitude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BERNIENH. Show BERNIENH's posts

Randy does not like camp anyway and really doesn't need it after 3 years with Tom. He will be back at some point.

He has deep ties with Brady, BB and now with Mr.Kraft...plus he will free up Welker, Branch, GRONK (#1) and Henandez, which is what was missing against the jets in the playoff game  last year. He can tie up Revis and other top DBs which can get Tom more open targets...He still wants that ring.

Ocho will likely be good, but he is no Randy Moss...simple enough...like Ocho and Albert, where is the risk...they released Randy before and he would not want that again...so he would need to behave...This year is dedicated to MHK...look for anything that can help us win!!! It is a noble quest!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I want the Pats to go back to the future with guys like we had with David Givens.  Guys that are willing to go across the middle fearlessly, and be effective blockers on plays that they don't get the ball.

Randy is a HOFer, but he did neither of those things.

Give Price a chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

can c moss back very easily welker, ocho and price are all involved in a car acident and are done for the YEAR! 

Sections
Shortcuts