So............ Julian

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So............ Julian

What the heck is Julian Edelman's contract?????  Weird how no word is yet out, and the lack of people asking...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: So............ Julian

Someone i think it was Greg Bedard.. was on the hub today saying normally when the contract isnt annouced immediately that means the team got the player cheap because the agent isnt bragging about what he got his client.

i have noo clue the money but i think NE got him on something close to the intial 3/14 offer i'd bet

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Awesome post Joe, thank you. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Someone i think it was Greg Bedard.. was on the hub today saying normally when the contract isnt annouced immediately that means the team got the player cheap because the agent isnt bragging about what he got his client.

i have noo clue the money but i think NE got him on something close to the intial 3/14 offer i'd bet

[/QUOTE]

Good point, and I agree that is probably close to what the contract is for.  BB knew the market and played it well. I am sure if other teams were offering just over what the Pats were, that Julian probably turned them down for a chance to be Tom Brady's number 1 receiver for the remainder of Brady's career!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Even a 3 year 14 is too much for Edelman, neither Edelman or Amendola should be working more than 2.5 million and both should pay Wes Welker for making them so overvalued.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Even a 3 year 14 is too much for Edelman, neither Edelman or Amendola should be working more than 2.5 million and both should pay Wes Welker for making them so overvalued.

[/QUOTE]

+!1111111 agreed. so much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman's production last year warranted more than 2.5 million per year. The jury is still out if he can replicate this the next few years. If so, the contract around 3/14 isn't bad at all. Considering what we got out of WR lately Edelman is our best bet as of right now. Unfortunately that's just how it is for this offense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I kind of like not knowing what his contract is. I wish all contracts were not known only to those that need to know. Just think how diffrent the game would be if that was the case.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I saw a tweet from Bedard or someone who mentioned it being a 3-yr. deal but it wasn't reported how much it was worth.  Needless to say, Danny OntheMendola will be hurt by game 3 or 4 and Edleman will take all his catches after that regardless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

We'll find out eventually but there sure isn't much out there on it at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The agent must not feel like it's anything to brag about Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman's production last year warranted more than 2.5 million per year. The jury is still out if he can replicate this the next few years. If so, the contract around 3/14 isn't bad at all. Considering what we got out of WR lately Edelman is our best bet as of right now. Unfortunately that's just how it is for this offense. 

[/QUOTE]

His production last year was thanks to him being the only guy that had Brady's trust. This season, both Dobson and Boyce have a mastery of the playbook(neither guy ran the run route anymore), Brady will have some chemistry with them and neither guy will have as many drops as they did(especially Dobson, a WR known for his hands). That, alone, should take away at least 30 catches from Edelman. (15 each)

Gronk is the guy in this offense, he'll be Brady's number 1 target if healthy the whole season. This should take away another 30 passes.

Amendola knows he knows he's not going to get another deal like this and will want to maintain this deal as much as possible. This will make working with Brady his top priority and it means he'll probably give it his 100%. (another 15)

I'm telling you guys, 30 passes for Edelman this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

didnt Hawkins sign for 4/$13? he had what, 8 games played last year with less then 20 rcpts

have to think JE is in that 3/$15 range most likely with clauses

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Glad One CRAZY Dude is back.  Throwback player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Julian Edelman - WR - Patriots

Julian Edelman's new deal with the Patriots has a base value of $17 million over four years.

It's a much better deal for the Pats than their five-year, $28.5 million commitment to Danny Amendola appears through one season. Amendola got $10 million guaranteed. Edelman has $8 million guaranteed, and the four-year pact has a max value of $19 million that can be reached through incentives. Amendola is locked into a roster spot for 2014, but the Patriots could save $2.1 million in salary cap space by releasing him next offseason. The Edelman deal magnifies that 2015 is a make-or-break year for Amendola in New England.