So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!!

Going on two weeks, the debates are endless, aren't they?  Every point being discussed in many different ways.  Is it Brady's fault, the offense, the coaches, the defense, Giants were lucky, another miracle play.  Round and round we go.  When you read all the rhetoric and see the finger pointing it seems to all boil down to 6 simple words: "The Patriots didn't try hard enough!", in the minds of many fans here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!!

they tried hard enough, their offensive game plan and execution was horrible down the stretch, that was why they lost

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

There are those of us who think BB did a great job getting a flawed team as far as he did and then there are the whiners who think BB has gone soft in the head and can't see that the way to win is to rein in Brady, hand the ball off to BJGE 20+ times, and rely on the stellar defense to win games.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!!:
    [QUOTE]they tried hard enough, their offensive game plan and execution was horrible down the stretch, that was why they lost
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    That's just it!  Do you think they called plays they thought wouldn't work?  Some folks here seem to think the team knew certain plays would not work.  How many of us here would like to "re-think" a decision AFTER it didn't turn out as expected?  20-20 hindsight is so easy!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

BB did a great job getting the team to the super bowl, this season was great. but its just sad to see the strength of the team turn into the weakness on the biggest stage

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!! : That's just it!  Do you think they called plays they thought wouldn't work?  Some folks here seem to think the team knew certain plays would not work.  How many of us here would like to "re-think" a decision AFTER it didn't turn out as expected?  20-20 hindsight is so easy!!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

so you're telling me you were for going into the power formation and taking woodhead out of the game after he was shredding the giants D? or how about bringing in a FB when they were picking the giants apart in the spread formation? they went away from what was working and paid for it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

I am curious, how does an individual get so smug and rightous as to believe everyone else should think exactly as he does? If sports fans want to argue and debate a game more power to em, that is the beauty of being a fan. If it offends your delicate sensibilities then may I suggest you go root for the BYU swim team or such.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Definately...  Just as there are those whom believe that based on the particulars of The NY Giants Defense (physical make-up placed in NY's schematics), THAT it was a pretty brilliant decision to pass the ball without establishing any running game real check against that Defense, and that Tom Brady is in every moment of every game, infallible- omnipotent really...  His passes were perfect, and if not precisely perfect, 100% of the time-they're good enough...AL-ways good enough.  Also, Brady with Moss as a 1-dimensional...never...ever...Going even over the middle (let alone short, lmao), should work brilliantly given Brady's 35-36 year old throwing arm issues (especially in light of actually witnessing his deep throwing accuracies in the few, but noticeable poorly accurate 20+ yard attempts he's offered for our viewing pleasure the past 2 years).  Do this with what, 38 year old Randy Moss (pause now so someone will offer up Randy Moss's 2010 stats...each figure-TD, Rec, Avg, Yards, having extra numbers for some reason added on to his actual stats)- AND that's got success written all over it (especially the way we used the long-ball over ball-control and just moving the chains on extended smart execution drives when we actually won our Superbowls).

Yup...take this with NE's awful defense, whom allowed an offensively skewed league and The Giants Superbowl team, to an astoundingly high 12 points total with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (an unbelievably high 21 points for the final tally), And Brady could NEVER come back from such an awful showing on the other side of the team-ball play...  Also, extended drives given to the other team by NE's Defense (with zero or 3 points allowed) can and will hamstring Brady and NE's Offense, once you realize and are aware of the fact that the reciprocal DOESN'T work: I.E. That it's unfair to expect Brady & NE's Offense to do any extended TOP Drives themselves (amazing).  Finally now, Within the Defense itself, the problem each and every time ANY and EVERY single pass gets completed by the oppossing team, It IS- 100% of the time, the poor play of NE's secondary...even if and when NE rushes just 3 guys and the QB has 25 seconds to throw the ball, and/or If and When NE rushes 7 guys, and not one of them gets a single finger on the QB in 5 or more seconds time prior to the completion (given by our atrocious secondary).

Mm-hmm... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!! : so you're telling me you were for going into the power formation and taking woodhead out of the game after he was shredding the giants D? or how about bringing in a FB when they were picking the giants apart in the spread formation? they went away from what was working and paid for it
    I agree here....   as I noted earlier, they weren't calling plays they felt wouldn't work, but, why go away from the plays that were working and do so until the Giants stop them?  Force the other team to adjust and quit trying to "fool" them!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!! : I agree here....   as I noted earlier, they weren't calling plays they felt wouldn't work, but, why go away from the plays that were working and do so until the Giants stop them?  Force the other team to adjust and quit trying to "fool" them!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

yea i really dont know what changed to make them think they couldnt move the ball the same way when they did it all game prior to that point

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I am curious, how does an individual get so smug and rightous as to believe everyone else should think exactly as he does? If sports fans want to argue and debate a game more power to em, that is the beauty of being a fan. If it offends your delicate sensibilities then may I suggest you go root for the BYU swim team or such.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]
    Are you referring to this discussion string or RedSox fan's response?  If it is this string, my point is how we are not discussing anything new now in all the other discussions.  We are seeing the same points being hammered upon by the same folks time and time again.  We aren't going to change the outcome, but, many are trying to change opinions more than anything else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

These discussions have been academic.

When the guy who scored 30% of your TDs is hobbled you need look no further for a reason.

I don't think effort is in question here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Definately...  Just as there are those whom believe that based on the particulars of The NY Giants Defense (physical make-up placed in NY's schematics), THAT it was a pretty brilliant decision to pass the ball without establishing any running game real check against that Defense, and that Tom Brady is in every moment of every game, infallible- omnipotent really...  His passes were perfect, and if not precisely perfect, 100% of the time-they're good enough...AL-ways good enough.  Also, Brady with Moss as a 1-dimensional...never...ever...Going even over the middle (let alone short, lmao), should work brilliantly given Brady's 35-36 year old throwing arm issues (especially in light of actually witnessing his deep throwing accuracies in the few, but noticeable poorly accurate 20+ yard attempts he's offered for our viewing pleasure the past 2 years).  Do this with what, 38 year old Randy Moss (pause now so someone will offer up Randy Moss's 2010 stats...each figure-TD, Rec, Avg, Yards, having extra numbers for some reason added on to his actual stats)- AND that's got success written all over it (especially the way we used the long-ball over ball-control and just moving the chains on extended smart execution drives when we actually won our Superbowls). Yup...take this with NE's awful defense, whom allowed an offensively skewed league and The Giants Superbowl team, to an astoundingly high 12 points total with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (an unbelievably high 21 points for the final tally), And Brady could NEVER come back from such an awful showing on the other side of the team-ball play...  Also, extended drives given to the other team by NE's Defense (with zero or 3 points allowed) can and will hamstring Brady and NE's Offense, once you realize and are aware of the fact that the reciprocal DOESN'T work: I.E. That it's unfair to expect Brady & NE's Offense to do any extended TOP Drives themselves (amazing).  Finally now, Within the Defense itself, the problem each and every time ANY and EVERY single pass gets completed by the oppossing team, It IS- 100% of the time, the poor play of NE's secondary...even if and when NE rushes just 3 guys and the QB has 25 seconds to throw the ball, and/or If and When NE rushes 7 guys, and not one of them gets a single finger on the QB in 5 or more seconds time prior to the completion (given by our atrocious secondary). Mm-hmm... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

You are the poster child for a bag of hot air.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]There are those of us who think BB did a great job getting a flawed team as far as he did and then there are the whiners who think BB has gone soft in the head and can't see that the way to win is to rein in Brady, hand the ball off to BJGE 20+ times, and rely on the stellar defense to win games.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah man. This team was flawed all over the place. Unbelieveable job on offense with so little talent. 120 catch slot, 90 catch 17 td best TE in nfl history, 79 catch 7 td in 13 game H-back, and 5 capable Rb's with one of the best offensive lines in N.E Patriot history.

Somewhere the 06 team just threw up all over themselves reading your comment.

Our 06 number 1 receiver Reche Caldwell just rolled over in his grave....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]they tried hard enough, their offensive game plan and execution was horrible down the stretch, that was why they lost

BINGO

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It was a team blo job.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Agree, try to convine Babe though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!! : Oh yeah man. This team was flawed all over the place. Unbelieveable job on offense with so little talent. 120 catch slot, 90 catch 17 td best TE in nfl history, 79 catch 7 td in 13 game H-back, and 5 capable Rb's with one of the best offensive lines in N.E Patriot history. Somewhere the 06 team just threw up all over themselves reading your comment. Our 06 number 1 receiver Reche Caldwell just rolled over in his grave....
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Wes Welker getting 120 receptions is actually a bad thing.  It shows this offense is way too reliant on too few receivers. Four guys--all short field types--and no one else.  We need some wide outs who can stretch the field and we need better running backs.  Sorry, BJGE and Danny Woodhead are below average for NFL backs.  No defense is worried all that much about those two. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gotcha. 120 receptions for 1570 yards and 9 tds is a bad thing.

1700 rushing yards and 23 tds in 2 seasons for a RB is below average.

Now I see what you are saying.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!! : one thing though RSF: ur O left the field with the lead twice
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

im not taking anything away from the giants offense or defense....they played a hell of a game and they did in super bowl 42....obviously the giants have the pats number and they know how to play against them....however, the fact of the matter is that the pats were moving up the field and then they just went away from what was working....was their lack of execution a result of the giants defense stepping up? that is very possible...but the giants defense dont call the plays for the patriots, im not sure what game B.O.B was watching, but what they were doing was working and they had the giants on the ropes....only to change what they were doing completely and give the momentum back to the giants...and to the giants credit, they took full advantage

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!! : no I agree u've given the Giants their due. I didnt mean that I meant that I agree you can't really blame the Offense in the end because, like Babe says and I agree, whatever their flaws and mistakes, etc...during the game the Offense left the field winning twice and the D failed to hold the lead, gave up long drives for td's twice...thats what I mean
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

yes that they did, but my point was that they went away from what was working and didnt score in the last 25 minutes of the game...that would be unheard of during any regular season game....like i said, all credit to the giants defense, but i just feel the pats offense could have done a heck of alot more to help out the pats defense

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, let's end the SB debates.. The Pats simply didn't try hard enough!! : You are the poster child for a bag of hot air.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Great, so says the archetype for factless, fruitless, & impassioned blind faith wrapped oh so firm with a personal makeshift scotch tape job...