SO LONG MR. ANDERSON?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

SO LONG MR. ANDERSON?

i just dont get bb in this one area. to me, you pay COMPETENT pass-rushing defensive ends whatever they want when you have the lousy track record we have. how much could he possibly be asking for? he made a bargain 1.9m last season to be a situational pass rusher. heck, he was to be the backup to the backup at the start of the season. despite starting at the end, he ended up out-performing all expectations and played almost 50$ of all the defensive snaps and getting stronger as the season went on. he was healthy and very productive with 10 sacks. now he's kicking the tires with a desperate miami team trying to woo peyton and others and keep up with buffalo. odds are esp with losing welk still fresh in their minds, they open up their wallets. if not them, bills may blow the rest of their load all over him.

we paid ellis over 4m for one bust year. the market now demands that an andersen make about 5m. i say PAY the man. 12m over 3 years. y is bb always holding the line on this kind of nonsense stubbirnly. we just signed a mediocre safety for 3m per year over 3 years and we hesitate here? i say take guys off the street and draft guys at safety if you must but pay the competent, proven and HEALTHY pass rushers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: SO LONG MR. ANDERSON?

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a9b9d0ed2-7bf3-4ec2-8926-d6189aacf620

k.thx.bye

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Dammit, Beavis!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Your post usually gets on nerves :) but I agree with you on this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Anderson is a guy that to me was our best pass rusher, but I've never been so...I don't know? Blah maybe? About my feelings for a player. This guy has an explosive first step and length, but he really is somewhat of a liability out there on the edge (he gets pushed around). He kind of reminds me of Chris Slade, except Slade could do more. If you put him in Miami he'll probably do pretty good with the pieces they already have in place on defense - I just think he's a great situational type guy...we can't be paying 5 million per year for situational types on defense. We don't have enough every situation types on D.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB's tactic of beinging multiple castoffs in and coaching them up to see who pans out has its flaw in that he doesn't do a long term deal. A long term deal would defeat the strategy because of the ones that don't work out. The one thing he does have going in that regard is that he can get more out of these guys than just about anybody. When they hit the market the prospective suitor should know they probably aren't going to see the results BB got. But some of them just don't learn.

Now, if he could just draft better he wouldn't need to be using this "en masse" approach to plugging holes on the cheap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-dogg81. Show p-dogg81's posts

Don't forget about andre carter before he got hurt he was playing better than mark anderson ever did.

Sections
Shortcuts