So much for Haynesworth being "useless", check this out.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

So much for Haynesworth being "useless", check this out.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4706760/breakdown-carters-second-sack

Its a breakdown of Carter's second sack on Romo and how Albert Haynesworth drew a Triple team.

The fact that he drew a triple team might not be impressive, the fact that he was effectively pushing that triple team back is.

Useless? I don't think so...

Like the article states, "For all the attention paid to his lack of statistical production, this really hammers home his value on the field."

Its a great breakdown of the play and how a 3 man rush got to Romo.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: So much for Haynesworth being "useless", check this out.

AWESOME Post thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

yeah, I was getting sick of all the talk about Haynesworth not producing, us needing to cut him and all the other nonsense.

Just because the man is not putting up stats does not mean he is not contributing to the defense( which has improved VASTLY since he returned from injury...)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I will agree with that. I watched the line play the whole game and I noticed that as well. I did not read the article and I am not trying to diminish what Big Al did, but that was really the only play that that happened.

The truth is early on Big Al was struggling with that Costa guy and was being handled one on one on most of his early snaps.  Vince was being doubled by the center and guard during this time.

The next series, Big Al exploded thru the gap on a running play but it was the wrong one and he launched himself.(this is why he is on the ground a lot) its great when you guess right, but its undisciplined football.  Twice this happened on that next series and he hit the ground as it was easy for the lineman to push him over once he was off balance.

Now on the 3rd series...he showed some real improvement by flattening down the line of scrimmage and cleaning up on a run play and showed some good hustle.

The next play I believe is when he was tripled and was still pushing them back and Carter got the sack.

I hate to paint the whole picture and Im not being a hater, but I just had to say what I saw and I am encouraged by his impact, no doubt, but I think he is still working to get into shape and hopefully keeps imroving w/no setbacks and I really wish he would stop diving into gaps but otherwise, Im happy with the Big Fella right now...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I agree with everything you said Jayshizzle.

Big Al is making an impact at times, but we have to take into account that he truly has not tried to play ball for the last two year and needs to get in shape not to mention he is making his way back from an injury.

Reason I posted this was to show people that he isn't just taking up a roster spot and is actually contributing.

I can get the quote from BB on the line play and in particular Haynesworth. according to Bill, Haynesworth has been improving since coming back from injury. In practice and in games and its been showing.

Give him another month or two and we might have a "beast"( for a lack of a better term) in the middle along side Wilfork.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

totally agree.

I dont mind that he is still knocking off the rust. I just wanted improvement.  I saw a lot that sunday and also saw the potential of this "D" if he gets to 100 % and is able to play atleast half the snaps.

Kyle Love is playing admirably, but you can see the difference when Big Al got in sunday. The biggest thing w/him and Vince is you have them both in, not really any way to double both. Most times teams double Vince obviously cuz he is a beast, but when big Al is up to speed and playing alongside Vince, the offense is gonna have to make a choice and this is when Carter will really shine.

I hope Cunningham can get some more snaps just to keep Carter fresh..he is our best all around DE right now...playing run/pass.  Anderson I like too

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

When the offensive coach assigns 3 guys to block him it is clear that there is a huge gap between what NFL coaches think and public perception.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

You have to love the guy. My hope is that after the Bye week we start seeing him more than 25 snaps a game. He does look like he is getting in better game shape and if we could get even 40 snaps a game out of the guy, that's 40 snaps that we are a better defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think Phil Costa handled himself quite well for having a target on him.

I do watch the games, but I point out negatives and positives, and the truth is on the first 2 series,. the Costa  kid was handling Big Al one on one, even to the point that Big Al gave him a cheap shot after one play because he was frustrated, but he acquitted himself nicely the rest of the day and had an impact.

I chalk that up to just taking time to get loose and maybe his back being stiff to start the game. Once again, not knocking him, but Costa didnt get abused...lets be clear.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He was very impressive on Sunday. I find it comical when people only look at stats to judge a player.

Looking at Wilfork's stats you'd never guess he was the anchor on the DL

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In Response to Re: So much for Haynesworth being "useless", check this out.:
    When the offensive coach assigns 3 guys to block him it is clear that ther is a huge gap between what NFL coaches think and public perception.
    Posted by shenanigan

Yes Indeed....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

This D is improving, which is a great thing to see. Albert Haynesworth is a big part as to why they are improving.

Once he is done "knocking off rust" and is fully healthy, our Dline will be very stout against both pass and run.

There is a trickle down affect on defense, if the Dline is playing well, it helps the linebackers/corners and safeties.

Now all we need is a pass rusher worth his salt opposite Carter, Im still holding out a deal for Jared Allen is in the works, but Im not going to get my hopes up.

Regardless, if you look at the last three games against Oakland( #1 rushing O held in check), the Jets( Ground and pound was pounded into the ground) and against a healthy, fresh off a bye week 4th ranked offense in Dallas got held to 16 points. Impressive improvement all around IMO.

get a healthy Mayo back into the mix and we sure as hell won't be the "32nd ranked D"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the redskins were belicheated

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I said it on another thread Sunday night.  When Albert was on the field he was dominating.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: So much for Haynesworth being "useless", check this out.:
    I will agree with that. I watched the line play the whole game and I noticed that as well. I did not read the article and I am not trying to diminish what Big Al did, but that was really the only play that that happened. The truth is early on Big Al was struggling with that Costa guy and was being handled one on one on most of his early snaps.  Vince was being doubled by the center and guard during this time. The next series, Big Al exploded thru the gap on a running play but it was the wrong one and he launched himself.(this is why he is on the ground a lot) its great when you guess right, but its undisciplined football.  Twice this happened on that next series and he hit the ground as it was easy for the lineman to push him over once he was off balance. Now on the 3rd series...he showed some real improvement by flattening down the line of scrimmage and cleaning up on a run play and showed some good hustle. The next play I believe is when he was tripled and was still pushing them back and Carter got the sack. I hate to paint the whole picture and Im not being a hater, but I just had to say what I saw and I am encouraged by his impact, no doubt, but I think he is still working to get into shape and hopefully keeps imroving w/no setbacks and I really wish he would stop diving into gaps but otherwise, Im happy with the Big Fella right now...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Not gunna read the post.. you believe in haynesworth now.. which I have been saying since day one? 

Glad you're on board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

The people who get on Big Al are all stat happy idiots. They're looking at sacks and other 'impact plays'. Nobody keeps stats on how many blockers he occupies or how far the opponent's O line gets pushed back into the pocket causing the QB to move and distracting him from what's going on downfield..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i personally am fine with what ocho and big al have brought to the team. they are both veterans past their prime, but can still contribute. do i wish ocho would have produced more to this point? yes, but he has done ok so far so i cant complain, he hasnt been on the field enough to be upset with his performance..it would also be nice to see big al on the stat sheet more, but if he can be a disruption like he was against dallas, then thats great, i think he will become more involved as the season progresses, i think both of them will..but this team doesnt play for regular season stats and chad and al know that, they came here to win, and their play in the playoffs will determine how good their year was, not the regular season

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to So much for Haynesworth being "useless", check this out.:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4706760/breakdown-carters-second-sack Its a breakdown of Carter's second sack on Romo and how Albert Haynesworth drew a Triple team. The fact that he drew a triple team might not be impressive, the fact that he was effectively pushing that triple team back is. Useless? I don't think so... Like the article states, "For all the attention paid to his lack of statistical production, this really hammers home his value on the field." Its a great breakdown of the play and how a 3 man rush got to Romo.
    Posted by GadisRKO

nice catch, i posted the saem thing this morning:

"Chris Forsberg BREAKING DOWN THE PATS DEFENSE AND ALBERT'S "BEASTI-NESS""

also of note, al drew triple teams against jets and they had one guy on wilfork,
    which led to some great d stops

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

In Response to So much for Haynesworth being "useless", check this out.:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4706760/breakdown-carters-second-sack Its a breakdown of Carter's second sack on Romo and how Albert Haynesworth drew a Triple team. The fact that he drew a triple team might not be impressive, the fact that he was effectively pushing that triple team back is. Useless? I don't think so... Like the article states, "For all the attention paid to his lack of statistical production, this really hammers home his value on the field." Its a great breakdown of the play and how a 3 man rush got to Romo.
    Posted by GadisRKO

I completely agree. I think Haynesworth is being disruptive and a good DL when he's on the field. He may not be spectacular, but he's awesome value for what we paid to get him. And encouragingly his snaps have slowly increased. Hopefully he continues to get in shape and we continue to manage his snaps and he's playing even better by year end and playoffs when we need him the most.

I am actually quite excited by how the defense has been gelling from and progressively getting better each game. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

When the season is over everyone will be happy with Fat Albert.  He is going to plug up the middle.  It's going to take 2 and 3 guys to keep him out.

Sections
Shortcuts