So my 10 year old son tells me this about Romney....(funny, not serious political stuff!)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

So my 10 year old son tells me this about Romney....(funny, not serious political stuff!)

I picked my ten year old son up earlier week and he started asking me questions about the election.  The school was obviously talking about it and from what he told me they had a mock election where the kids chose the candidate they wanted to win the election. he had lots of good facts about Romney that he didn'y like...  had good things to say about Obama.  He then proceeded to tell me that he voted for Obama because someone told him that Romney wanted to dismantle the NFL! I almost fell over laughing when I heard this... thought I would share... kids say the darndest things!

Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: So my 10 year old son tells me this about Romney....(funny, not serious political stuff!)

In response to ddimaria's comment:

I picked my ten year old son up earlier week and he started asking me questions about the election.  The school was obviously talking about it and from what he told me they had a mock election where the kids chose the candidate they wanted to win the election. he had lots of good facts about Romney that he didn'y like...  had good things to say about Obama.  He then proceeded to tell me that he voted for Obama because someone told him that Romney wanted to dismantle the NFL! I almost fell over laughing when I heard this... thought I would share... kids say the darndest things!

Go Pats!

I have a co-worker who said his 10yr old son said to him that if Romney won they would have to move back to China. The reason his son said that? His teacher told the kids to tell the parents that Romney was evil and we'd have to leave the country if he was elected. Personally, it was a bit funny but at the same time that teacher should be fired for curropting the youths minds and using them to spread their agenda

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: So my 10 year old son tells me this about Romney....(funny, not serious political stuff!)

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Go Pats!

I have a co-worker who said his 10yr old son said to him that if Romney won they would have to move back to China. The reason his son said that? His teacher told the kids to tell the parents that Romney was evil and we'd have to leave the country if he was elected. Personally, it was a bit funny but at the same time that teacher should be fired for curropting the youths minds and using them to spread their agenda

I have trouble buying this.  I'm sure the kid told his parents his teacher said that but you can't trust kids because they're liars. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I have two sisters who teach high school and my father taught as well. I have a lot of respect for the public education system in this country. But is there really any questions that school teachers would be pro-Democrat? These jobs are 100% government funded, and most of them are unionized. For the most part, they get into teaching at a young age and have never worked in the private sector. My father was an exception to this, he was a 30 year military man who started teaching at the age of 47.

It bothers me that teachers are allowed to push their own political beliefs on children of such impressionable ages.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Go Pats!

I have trouble buying this.  I'm sure the kid told his parents his teacher said that but you can't trust kids because they're liars. 

I actually find kids to be more truthfully then most adults. I can tell you even 20 years ago when I was in school I heard similar things from certain teachers who were telling kids to go home and tell their parents to vote a certain way in MA. Now not to the extent of evil and being forced to leave the country, but most certainly teachers were sending kids home with messages to vote a certain way.

I'm sure this happens in red states just replace Romney with Obama so it's not a partisan issue but it's very disturbing to me that any teacher pushing any agenda on kids. I don't care what party they are trying to push you should not do that. Oh, kids don't get if so and so wins we'll have the leave the country from thin air so I find it more creditable then the kid just making it up

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Go Pats!

lmao

Sections
Shortcuts