So proud of this team tonight.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

So proud of this team tonight.

Crazy as it might sound, I like our chances to win the Super Bowl better now than I did before this game.  Yes, yes, I realize we just got beat at home, but this team showed some incredible heart tonight.  Down 31-3 mid-way through the 3rd quarter and they come back to tie it by mid 4th quarter?!  That was crazy!  The defense just ran out of gas, but I was so impressed with the way they responded after a first half that went as poorly as it possibly could have.  We will likely be playing on wild-card weekend now, but I really like our chances.  This team is mentally tough, and will use this bitter loss as more motivation moving forward.  Go Pats!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Re: So proud of this team tonight.

In the end, our special teams let us down big-time tonight in the 2nd half.  Those two penalties that pushed us back to inside the 10-yd line were just killers; and then giving up the 62-yd kick-off return for the go-head touchdown, I mean, what can you say?  But Brady was incredible.  He just got so pissed off after that Hernandez bobbled non-catch that he willed the team to score 4 TDs.  He's the man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I still like us the most out of all the AFC playoff teams. Denver has not beaten anyone good, Baltimore is extremely beat up (which is why I say what I did about Denver), and I like how we match up against Houston.

Also we are getting Gronk back soon, which is HUGE. I think he is a crucial piece to be missing against a physical team like the 49ers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I don't know I think the Oline was exposed again and the running game was non existant from the supposed two headed monster vereen and ridley. Bolden needs to feature. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

yes, but arrington HAS to play better....he was getting killed out there all night.....i think the special teams will be fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Agreed -- they've proved they can hang in there even when everything goes wrong and I loved the second-half surge.  Too bad they couldn't finish it it.  Still, fun game to watch.  Not having the bye will definitely hurt them, but maybe the loss will keep them humble and make sure they don't get complacent out there.  Nice thread

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

The comeback was pretty awesome, but it fell short.  The offense and defense stepped up but Special teams really blew it.  The huge return by James after the ytied it.  Then they also had a chance at a HUGE turnover when Ginn Jr muffed that punt but jumped on it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

There is no way to spin this as a good night.

It was a great comeback - but they fell short.

Playing in Denver will be a nightmare

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to aytee's comment:

Agreed -- they've proved they can hang in there even when everything goes wrong and I loved the second-half surge.  Too bad they couldn't finish it it.  Still, fun game to watch.  Not having the bye will definitely hurt them, but maybe the loss will keep them humble and make sure they don't get complacent out there.  Nice thread

Agree. The past couple of SBs have been won by teams without byes. While I wish we could get one (which we still could if Denver chokes...), not having one will keep them on their toes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No Gronk tonight, wet conditions favored the 49'ers defense, lost by 7 in the end.  Fix some problems, have good film on the game, I like the chances to should the Patriots meet them in the SB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

San Fran is not going to the SB

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

"I like the chances to should the Patriots meet them in the SB." -- TFB12

I don't want to see this team again in the SB.  They were tough, tough, tough.  We could not run on them AT ALL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to LuvsThosePats' comment:

I don't want to see this team again in the SB.  They were tough, tough, tough.  We could not run on them AT ALL.

I would have no problem with playing them in the SB (if we can get there). We had no Gronk and our team had their worst 1st half of the season. A lot of small mistakes on the Pats part cost them the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

San Fran will not go to the SB - they struggled with St Louis.

They were extremely luck tonight.  Kaperdick will lose his 1st Playoff game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I think we could run the ball, just couldn't protect it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Woodhead ran it fine. The other guys were benched for fumbles so I can't say that running on the 49ers is beyond the Pats ability.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

not that i can see the future, but i think the pats are more likely to be in the super bowl then the niners, simply because kaepernick is bound to make mistakes....he made a big one tonight on that mccourty pick.....and fumbled the snap numerous times.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

This team will be more dangerous as underdogs, as long as Arrington isn't on the outside.

Not worried about HOU in a dome, think that helps the Pats more. Playing at Den will be the tough test. Still have bad divisional playoff memories in Den.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Our run game in the 1st half was non-existent, never mind the fumbles.  And Woodhead was catching passes for the most part, not taking hand-offs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

I'd like to have seen them give Bolden a few touches to try and run. Ridley and Vereen were terrible. Woodhead was good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Crazy as it might sound, I like our chances to win the Super Bowl better now than I did before this game.  Yes, yes, I realize we just got beat at home, but this team showed some incredible heart tonight.  Down 31-3 mid-way through the 3rd quarter and they come back to tie it by mid 4th quarter?!  That was crazy!  The defense just ran out of gas, but I was so impressed with the way they responded after a first half that went as poorly as it possibly could have.  We will likely be playing on wild-card weekend now, but I really like our chances.  This team is mentally tough, and will use this bitter loss as more motivation moving forward.  Go Pats!!!

What meds do you use? I want some. Talk about channeling Rod Rust.

This game was a microcosm of the team's 2012 season: dig yourself a 3-3 hole and try to crawl out from it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Team showed heart but this was a costly loss. 

Yeah, if we don't lose to Arizona a while back this loss doesn't sting as much but this one hurts due to standings etc. 

"Playing in Denver will be a nightmare"

Yup That's the end result of this loss, is a brutal road game in the playoffs, potentially in Denver where playoff success has been hard to come by. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

San Fran will not go to the SB - they struggled with St Louis.

They were extremely luck tonight.  Kaperdick will lose his 1st Playoff game.

extremely lucky my *&^%$....they played well-kaepernick was very good especially under the circumstances-try and give a little credit where it's due

exciting comeback though

the 49ers were very lucky, they deserved to win, but they were pretty damn lucky. the ball that barely missed ginn's leg, 4 fumbled snaps and not one resulted in a turnover.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

San Francisco fumbled the ball six times in the game and the Patriots fumbled the ball twice.  However, San Fran won the fumble game two turnovers to one.  I suspect that if San Francisco had lost three of their six fumbles, and if New England had lost only one of their two fumbles, the game would have been quite different.  Any given Sunday.

Sections
Shortcuts